fun at midnight with famelabls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fun at midnight with famelabls

yea i fell like posting this one for funnyness is sake and two as a lession..............

as of 10:00pm today me and a friend started work on trying ot get and old 1979 vw 1.5 little diesel running ( i know i have a lot of diesel stuff)..........after putting many flameble thing down it ranging from charcole lighter fiuld to axe (lol) we go some start fuild........so in the missed of sitting and my sealed shop with some dryer tubing running from a the muffler from and n body out hte door. the motor hit.............then hit again then stater hitting on 2 hole and then jumped to running at 6000 rpms souly on all that crap it had in it..............wmy friend runs back in to the shop trying to hide while i put the fuel cut secliods power fling open the door nad run in to the night................after some though he follows..............and then the motor revs down.............no danmge seems ot have happened to it but htat was fun.......picts of the red neck muffler stake tomarrow..................i have a head ach..................

and yes was you see is a header!
    Last edited by LordDurock; 11-23-2008, 08:30 PM.

Originally posted by LordDurock
    most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
    82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
    00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Great engines those things are. Would love to find a rabbit truck diesel. Used to own one, wrecked it, missed it ever since.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Comment

hey is it true from my reading the that 1.5 has a 6000prm red line

most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
      00 VW jetta 2.0
      00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Hey! The tip on your "stack" is facing the wrong direction
        -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
        '86 Eurosport sedan
        '88 Eurosport VR coupe
        '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

Originally posted by 86euro View Post
          Hey! The tip on your "stack" is facing the wrong direction
          i know when we beat it on (didnt quite fit the but we made it) i was on right......... then the motor ran a way from us and it fell off. so after all the ecsite ment and the deisel fumes........................i out it on wrong and tack welded on and to find that it was wrong.............any ways thats what dryer tubing is for...........cheap exstartor pipe..........

00 VW jetta 2.0
          00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Hey at least you got it running! I got a good laugh out of this, LOVE your stack assmebly!

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

Here is a Photo Response to your Stacked VW engine:

The name of this car is "Buck the Turbo Turd." Seriously. Look on Car Domain!
              David

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by turbokinetic View Post
                Hey at least you got it running! I got a good laugh out of this, LOVE your stack assmebly!
                running is relitive you have to sit there and give it hits of staring fuild tell it can run on it own...............then it a toral funess as you have to keep reving it or it will die lol...................danm ip is gummed up.......i must say though after watching "red necks" make fun of me and a friend in 2 hours we have made this motor do more then they could in 4+ years (it came out a one of our shop cars people hacked to hell trying ot get running)

that stack is rather funny though.^

00 VW jetta 2.0
                00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

cell phone picts i know there bad at it was dark out........the rear end it getting redesigned with 3x2 1/4inch angle welded into a tube. the front may get a double A arm setup but most likly not and will be tried in to the roll cage..........the struts a just tacked to a refince point. the cart will be getting a 5 gallon marien gas tank and not that lawn mower on bolted ot the alernator braket

00 VW jetta 2.0
                  00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Your fab work looks good - thanks for the pictures!

Do you think the valves could be out of adjustment (too tight) and causing weak compression? That would make it not want to start easily.

It is funny how people give up on an engine like that. When I was at the car shop (when I was 18 or 19) we had a lady call asking how much it would cost to rebuild or replace the engine in her Mercedes 240D. I told her it would not be cheap, and followed on asking why it needed a rebuild. She told me another local ahop told her the engine was "burned out." I asked for the symptoms it gave when it "burned out" and she said it wouldn't start.

Went to the "other shop" to look at the car, and sure enough, it turned over slow - like the engine was partially seized. Had clean oil, full clean coolant, and I could turn the engine by hand! Looked at the starting motor and..... the 2 bolts that hold the pieces of the starting motor together were loose and the armature was binding up. Tightened the bolts with a half-broken Leatherman pliers, and the engine fired right up!

Those morons had worked on it periodically over 2 or 3 weeks, and didn't find that. They were going to sell her a junkyard engine to put in her car.

That car was banana yellow, and had a yellow sticker on the chrome bumber that said "TURBODOG." Car does not have a turbo but it is a 67 horsepower dog nevertheless!

Then, when I started working in Louisiana, I found out what Turbodog really is!

Later,
                    David

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

i quite sure it the fuling system at this point after that run away..........

the highschool shop was full of a lot of idiots thinking they new something ( i like to think i know enough to at lest know when i need ot get more info. )

the main frame is 2x3 1/4 inch angle welded on all eagers of the joints.

turbodog lol

00 VW jetta 2.0
                      00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Originally posted by LordDurock View Post
                        .... i like to think i know enough to at lest know when i need ot get more info. )....
                        That statement shows you are a very wise and open minded person. You have hit TWO of the important things in education there.

What you're looking at now (computer on Internet) is one of the best tools for finding that info you may realize you need.

Yep - I drive right past Abita Springs, LA on the way to work. They have a restaurant I want to try some day.

Well - got to go to work on my project car. UPS just delivered the pieces of the charge air pipework. Gonna go burn a little welding wire!

Later,
                        David

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

awh.................well im nost sure on this but this motor is getting very intressing........

got a started again ot day (still wont idle) it has a tick (sounds kinda like predestiation) but im sire it not as im running deisel though it and it running under it own means. it blows white smoke like it try to set up a smoke screen.........so either one i have low compression or two i have low injection perruers. i seem to be blowing oil out the the none welded seem (ware the rused pipe meats the shiny pipe on the in the dodle section

anythoughs

00 VW jetta 2.0
                          00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Working...
                          X