George grows up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George grows up

Hot on the tails of dagr8tim, I post my own youtube video.
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Hmm, the video is no longer available...I've still got 22k before I hit the big 100k, itll be a while
    -John

"Do you got a V8 in that Cutlass or something" -Some drunk hoosier barbecuing at a park

Comment

It should've finished processing by now. Try again in a little bit.
      Daniel
      Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
      Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

CONGRATS! Sounds like and starts like a champ, awesome for a 20 year old car
        -John

"Do you got a V8 in that Cutlass or something" -Some drunk hoosier barbecuing at a park

Comment

Sheesh, thats pretty low mileage! We actually hit 100k in our 2006 Kia last week!
          So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
          • 1988 Century Limited
          • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
          • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
          • 1985 Celebrity sedan
          • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Comment

it's wierd to hear members talk. Now when I read the threads or replies by George, I'll know how to make the dialouge sound in my head
            Congrats on the 100000! My car rolled over to 224000kms this weekend, thats... a little less than139200miles.

Comment

I'm sitting at 99400 right now with a 5-digit odometer, I'll post my own video very soon when it shows 00000. Then I have my own brand new car!....... >_<

Edit: Just watched video. I had an 88 Celeb wagon with the 2.8 that had rolled over 200K just before it went kaput, and it started like yours did even in the most ridiculous WI weather. You take off a hell of a lot quicker than I ever did haha, but to each their own. What happened to the cigarette lighter? Sick of blowing fuses? Something I noticed and I'm wondering about, it sounds like you have some major engine braking until you decelerate to around 20 MPH, as if the TCC engages very very early, what's up with that?
              Last edited by Jimbo; 12-02-2008, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Very nice, I just passed 225,000 tonight! What made the 2.8 crack the block?
                What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo
                  You take off a hell of a lot quicker than I ever did haha, but to each their own
                  You gotta in Las Vegas traffic. No one gives you a chance, you just gotta take the lane, especially at the time of day it was (rush hour). Well, that and my last car and namesake (90 6000) had a Duke, and accelerating was like putting your foot in a bowl of pudding.
                  Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                  What happened to the cigarette lighter? Sick of blowing fuses? Something I noticed and I'm wondering about, it sounds like you have some major engine braking until you decelerate to around 20 MPH, as if the TCC engages very very early, what's up with that?
                  I tried to use a car charger for my phone and as soon as I attached my phone it blew the outlet and popped the courtesy fuse. As for the "engine braking," the TCC engages around 36 mph, but if I coast the transmission likes to hang on to third gear well below 20 mph, sometimes even as low as 17. I think that sound might be a hub bearing on its way out. Does it sound like that to you?
                  Originally posted by Zaloryan View Post
                  What made the 2.8 crack the block?
                  Don't know. Rhett didn't go into it too much. I think it was oil starved or something.
                  Originally posted by 87Cutlass Ciera
                  it's wierd to hear members talk. Now when I read the threads or replies by George, I'll know how to make the dialouge sound in my head
                  You'll probably find it even more amusing if you go back and read some of my other threads and posts with my voice in your head.
                  Daniel

Comment

Working...
                  X