My day working on the Cutlass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My day working on the Cutlass...

Well I thought waking up I would simply just drive to my uncle's garage (heated, thank God!) and change my brakes, well on my way I noticed my temp guage showing 220! I got to my uncles garage and check my fluids, and found I had no coolant. Damn, so I filled it up, changed my paper thin brake pads, put in a new alternator and some new wipers. Then driving on the highway I found my temp rising more and more, so I parked at Autozone. There I popped my hood and found antifreeze pouring out of the side of my engine. Luckily, I traced the lovely leak to the bypass hose, a 5 dollar fix. Wow, I was pleased to get my car back to par, now only a fuel pump, new radiator fan and weld up my dual exhaust...anyone have a eventful day lately with this cold weather?
    Last edited by bubblebob88; 12-11-2008, 02:38 PM.
    -John

"Do you got a V8 in that Cutlass or something" -Some drunk hoosier barbecuing at a park

Originally posted by bubblebob88 View Post
    anyone have a eventful day lately with this cold weather?
    No...I just don't drive one of my vehicles that has a leaking heater core....cause if I do, the windows fog up...and then I might have an "eventful day" and meet someone by accident

Comment

Nothing like that. I do need to get into RUSTE/THURSTE's rear brakes though. Left rear is making a grinding while coming to a stop. Nuthin serious.
      1989 Formula 350, 2002 Bonneville SE
      DON
      "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Comment

I partially understand all the little things going wrong currently, before I got my Cutlass it was my great grandmas. Well she got sick with altimers (excuse the spelling) and my grandpa eventually made her stop driving because of a couple times he had to go pick her up in Arkansas because she never knew where she was. Well after that, and then her eventual death the car sat in a garage for about 6 years. I got it before last winter so it wasn't really broken in well. Now it has a year of use, and with this winter I fully expected some things, just little things I guess to go out. But I mean the car was free, so I guess the 2K I've put in to it was worth it since it's mileage is low and the condition is great.
        -John

"Do you got a V8 in that Cutlass or something" -Some drunk hoosier barbecuing at a park

Comment

Working...
        X