I'm back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back

I don't know if any of you remember, but i used to own a 95 cutlass cruiser. I had sold it about a year ago to my neighbor because i had got a good job and went and financed a car. Well anywho, I GOT THE CAR BACK TODAY!

It's definitely not in as good of shape as it used to be, but not bad. The car had been sitting in their yard for the last 4 or 5 months completely untouched. After charging the battery for 25 mins or so, the car started right up and i got it home. The air is no longer cold, it needs tires, and probably a battery, but definitely a good deal for free.

I'm most likely going to sell my lincoln, and use the money to put toward this car. Before I sold it to them I had put alot of time and money into it. New plugs, wires, wheels, window tint, some body work, and a stereo.

The only thing really bothering me is that they cant find the title. I'm not exactly sure what to do about that, but i'm sure i'll figure it out.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on how things go with it all.

-Alex

Alex,

In most states, you can contact the DMV and pay $10 for a duplicate title. I'm sure if you went to the DMV, pick up the duplicate title form and brought it to the neighbor along with $10, they'll be happy to fill it out and mail it out. Usually takes about 2-3 weeks for the duplicate to arrive.

George

Comment

welcome back. glad to hear the wagon is back in loving arms

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

The car is going to need a motor mount or 2 very soon. I had changed the tranny mount before i sold it, and i changed the dogbone. How many more are there?

How difficult would the other(s) be to replace?

Comment

the one below the harmonic balancers not the funnest, you must raise the engine with a jack or crane to make room to remove the entire horseshoe mount with the mount itself attatched. the others on the back side of the trans, and is a complete bitch i belive you must lower the rack and pinion
          "Pontiac, Of Course"
          1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1T
          1998 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T
          1999 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon
          1991 Audi 200 Auto
          1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

So there are just 3 mounts? The dogbone, the tranny mount, and the one under the harmonic balancer?

Comment

no theres a forth, under the front of the trans
              "Pontiac, Of Course"
              1991 Audi 200 Auto
              1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

And how tough is that one to get at?

Comment

easy as hell, its right in the front
                  "Pontiac, Of Course"
                  1991 Audi 200 Auto
                  1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

didnt you have a 1993 Buick wagon that was totaled?
                    "All art is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."
                    -N.S.K. Neuer Slowenian Kunst
                    proud former owner of 83 Ciera Brougham Coupe (may her new owners repair her and get her on the road as she deserves to be!)
                    Pics of MAxine here! 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Coupe

Comment

yea i did.

Comment

Well they found the title so the car's officially mine now.
                        :P

Within the next couple days I plan on changing out the mounts, getting a couple decent used tires, fixing the freon leak, fixing the small dent in the fender, and figure out what the rattling noise is whenever I hit a bump. Really isnt too bad for a free car.

I plan on getting the car painted in the near future too.

The car does have the 3100, 127k miles, 4 speed trans.
                        Anything particular I should look for on this? I've heard the 3100's had alot of cooling problems?

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on my progress.

Comment

change the gaskets NOW before it goes bad
                          "All art is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."
                          proud former owner of 83 Ciera Brougham Coupe (may her new owners repair her and get her on the road as she deserves to be!)

Comment

Which gaskets?

Comment

ALL OF THEM. Just to be on the safe side. (Notorious for blowing the lower intake manifold gaskets though)

Comment

Working...
                              X