Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadaver88
    replied
    I'm in Florida, yes it has 3 rows of seats, red interior, black exterior (was red)

Leave a comment:

• CamoDeafie
    replied
    my 3300 blew a head gasket, even though its RARE at 105K miles.....but jsut be on safe side, replace all with new gaskets, no worries later on.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy K
    replied
    Originally posted by CamoDeafie View Post
    ALL OF THEM. Just to be on the safe side. (Notorious for blowing the lower intake manifold gaskets though)
    just the lower intake gasket. You don't need to do the head gaskets.

Buy the FEL-PRO PERMA-DRY problem solving Gasket set or you will be sorry. the original nylon and plstic gaskets are the bane of this engine, they crack and the nylon shfits and leaks. Once the intake gasket is replaced, you are golden for miles and miles and miles. Don't forget the distributor drive gear while you are down there. You can double seal that with a new ring and a cardboard gasket.

btw, where are you? is this a third row of seats type wagon? colors?

Leave a comment:

• CamoDeafie
    replied
    ALL OF THEM. Just to be on the safe side. (Notorious for blowing the lower intake manifold gaskets though)

Leave a comment:

• Cadaver88
    replied
    Which gaskets?

Leave a comment:

• CamoDeafie
    replied
    change the gaskets NOW before it goes bad

Leave a comment:

• Cadaver88
    replied
    Well they found the title so the car's officially mine now.
    :P

Within the next couple days I plan on changing out the mounts, getting a couple decent used tires, fixing the freon leak, fixing the small dent in the fender, and figure out what the rattling noise is whenever I hit a bump. Really isnt too bad for a free car.

I plan on getting the car painted in the near future too.

The car does have the 3100, 127k miles, 4 speed trans.
    Anything particular I should look for on this? I've heard the 3100's had alot of cooling problems?

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on my progress.

Leave a comment:

• Cadaver88
    replied
    yea i did.

Leave a comment:

• CamoDeafie
    replied
    didnt you have a 1993 Buick wagon that was totaled?

Leave a comment:

• Prospeeder
    replied
    easy as hell, its right in the front

Leave a comment:

• Cadaver88
    replied
    And how tough is that one to get at?

Leave a comment:

• Prospeeder
    replied
    no theres a forth, under the front of the trans

Leave a comment:

• Cadaver88
    replied
    So there are just 3 mounts? The dogbone, the tranny mount, and the one under the harmonic balancer?

Leave a comment:

• Prospeeder
    replied
    the one below the harmonic balancers not the funnest, you must raise the engine with a jack or crane to make room to remove the entire horseshoe mount with the mount itself attatched. the others on the back side of the trans, and is a complete bitch i belive you must lower the rack and pinion

Leave a comment:

• Cadaver88
    replied
    The car is going to need a motor mount or 2 very soon. I had changed the tranny mount before i sold it, and i changed the dogbone. How many more are there?

How difficult would the other(s) be to replace?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X