No announcement yet.

A new A in the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Find... I am kind of shocked as loaded as the car seems to be that it does not have the 2.8V6 and the GX3 440-T4

Comment

Odd isnt it, Some LEs come loaded as you can but 4 banger. But other LEs like mine are Base model with V6 and air. The light assembly should be the same. If it comes down to it. just replace the lense. Thats what i did with my red car, as the insides of the glass ones i had were trash, and the insides of the plastic were perfect. I just swapped lenses, be carful tho, and heat it up real good. I say find a good grill and 2 headlight/foglight assemblys and possibly the header panel and swap it to the more attractive headlights/Foglights
      "Pontiac, Of Course"
      1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1T
      1998 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T
      1999 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon
      1991 Audi 200 Auto
      1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

Yes very.. The Bonnevilles of that era were the exact same way.. I have seen LE onneville more loaded up than an SE... It was just strange.. Even my own LE is an odd ball..

The 6000's were odd that way too... Knew a lady that had an 87 6000 Wagon LE... Alloys, Full cluster, Pwr everything, 2.8 V6.. I actually liked it..

Comment

Another sweet deal! I found an STE grille assembly complete with fog lites and header at a local yard this afternoon. $40 bucks and another 5 bucks for the entire dash panel with the fog lite switch! And yes, the regular headlites are the same, the fogs just screw the sides of the original lites. This came off of another strange combination car. '89 6000 LE, not an STE, but with a 2.8, no rear discs. Regular idiot lite guage cluster. We'll be going back to scavenge a few more pieces. Had a great time with my son at the junkyard, a good learning experience and a lesson in haggeling. And the junkyard down the road says they have several 6000's, but we didn't have time to go check them out. Maybe our luck will continue and we'll find a gold one with a good front clip!
          Check out my VR at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/805391 and at the definitive source of Eurosport VR information http://www.eurosportvr.com

Comment

I look forward to seeing everything come around..

Comment

repost pics when you get it all repaired!
              "Pontiac, Of Course"
              1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1T
              1998 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T
              1999 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon
              1991 Audi 200 Auto
              1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

A ----------

6000 86 composite

6000 87-88 w/fog lamps

B ----------

6000 87-88 w/o fog lamps

|A| & |B| interchange; difference is fog lamp.
                Jay

Comment

They did come with 2 different headlights. The diference was the socket, and wiring. One came with 9004 (2 of them, low and high), and the other came with 9005/9006.

Mick, you shoulda let me know you were looking for a car. I am selling my AWD you know..
                  Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
                  More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
                  01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Comment

Working...
                  X