My Cutlass Ciera VS Suzuki Swift GT-I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Cutlass Ciera VS Suzuki Swift GT-I

One of my friends wanted to race me with his 1991 Suzuki Swift GT-I 'G13B Twin Cam 1.3 liter engine'
    I was suprised how fast his Swift was.
    He downshifted it in 3rd speed.....took of 3 car lenghts....than went back to catch him on top speed!!
    I was positive that he would have smoked me cause i've driven GT-I's and they are suprisingly fast!!
    But lack of torque made him loose the race on top end!!
    Really had fun!!!
    CHEVROLET CAVALIER Z22 2003 TUNED
    SHOPPING FOR A NEW A-BODY
    http://metroid666.monchar.com/

Not really a fair race. The 1.3 makes about 70 hp. Even though the Swift/Metro are incredibly light, it can't make up for more than double power (3300 V6, I assume?), even when your car weighs at least 800 lbs more.
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke George V View Post
      Not really a fair race. The 1.3 makes about 70 hp. Even though the Swift/Metro are incredibly light, it can't make up for more than double power (3300 V6, I assume?), even when your car weighs at least 800 lbs more.
      It's a Swift GT ( DOHC 16 valves engine ) 100 HP and 85 torque.
      With short gears and light weight its really fast!! Faster than any Civic's from 88-2005.In good condition they are capable of 15.5 quarter mille times!
      Thats why i was saying that he would have smoked me easily!!
      CHEVROLET CAVALIER Z22 2003 TUNED
      SHOPPING FOR A NEW A-BODY
      http://metroid666.monchar.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Metro666 View Post
        With short gears and light weight its really fast!! Faster than any Civic's from 88-2005.In good condition they are capable of 15.5 quarter mille times!
        yeah you told it... short gears that why you did beat him on top speed.
        Originally posted by mechanizeddeath
        I mean there's a lot more than can go horribly wrong with car than when your iPod dock stops working due to a solder job so bad that my dog could do better.
        " Since little or nothing is known about the principles involved in magneto reluctance, diagnosing faults can be a problem ... "  & " treat all other problems as if they do not exsist . "

Comment

Originally posted by Metro666 View Post
          Just checked Wikipedia, looks like you're right. The single cam 1.3 made 70 hp, the dual cam is 100. Gearing killed it though.

Holy cow, the TBI 3 cylinder made 55 hp!
          Daniel
          Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
          Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
          Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

Pretty amazing that thing had 100 HP!!! Like you said - the gearing killed it. Long live the 3300!!

David

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

Well also Torque is what gets you movin HP is what makes your top end. You had that backwards. Your torque would have helped you from a stop but in the higher RPMs like you were at the start he has the weight to HP ratio advantage.
              1989 Formula 350, 2002 Bonneville SE
              DON
              "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Comment

Working...
              X