Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The accidental Coupe.....

Hey all,
    Thought I would throw up a few pics of yet another project! Honestly, I had no intention of buying another coupe! My car status pretty much looked like this:
    93 Astro....my daily driver
    88 Ciera coupe.....slowly becoming my new daily driver!
    86 Euro....enjoying retirement....will get repainted & other various things after the Fizz Ciera is done.
    85 Celeb CL sedan.....the wifes daily driver
    83 Firenza Cruiser.....searching for an engine for this one, future garage-queen & parts runner (might sell the Astro that has this duty after I start daily-ing the Ciera)

Did I mention that I sold my VW?? I did......sucks, but hey....I was trying to pare down the collection a bit!

.........................then last Monday I see an ad on Craigslist for a 91 Ciera with slight front-end damage. I think HMM, a nice new daily for the wife! She does not like the 85 so much as it was only ever intended as a stop-gap vehicle. We go to look at it Wednesday & Surprise! Its a coupe! With a 3300! Build date of 07/91 puts it as one of the last coupes off the Canadian production line!! Woo! I then tell my wife I am switching dailys with her.....she can drive the Astro for now and I'll drive the 85 CL till the 88 Ciera is done! Now that I have a V6 coupe to tinker with, I will probably leave the 2.5 in my 86 Euro alone. There is only three things (aside from the crash damage!) that I don't like: 1) No tach cluster! 2) Column shift! 3) door mounted seatbelts! The first two are easily fixable, I can live with the last one! One with the pics.....this car is in the condition I picked it up in....I have not even washed the gravel dust off yet.

Left front view:

Left rear view:

Right front view:

Crash damage closeups.....the kid rear ended a truck & the bumper did this. The only structural damage is to the radiator support where the header was pushed into it. The apron/side frame panels are not bent or pushed back at all! Should be fairly straightforward to get all straightened out:

Tucked away in the storage unit for now.....awaiting future plans!

Ok, I am now drawing a line right here.......no more vehicles!!! Now that I say this, I'll find my dream VR 5-speed wagon for sale next week! Oh, did I mention that I found a pretty damn nice 90 6000 SE AWD for sale near me?? I'll have to get some pics but I now have NO space for it! (although my wife likes it )
    So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
    • 1988 Century Limited
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
    • 1985 Celebrity sedan
    • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

WOW awesome find!!! it sure aint every day you see a coupe with the sectional taillights. best of luck with this project!

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

You are out of control!! But I like it. When you get pics of that SE AWD I sure want to see!!!!
      1989 Formula 350, 2002 Bonneville SE
      DON
      "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Comment

Looks like a great find... how much did you end up paying for it? Shouldn't be too hard to fix, mostly just bolt on parts from what I can see, outside of the metal behind that busted out headlight, but that'd be an easy fix with a welder. Really the only annoying thing about the seat belts in the doors is that you can't adjust their height (at least not on the sedands). I'd like to see pics of the interior if you get a chance sometime

Comment

That will look great all jazzed up

And you don't have too many cars
          -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
          '86 Eurosport sedan
          '88 Eurosport VR coupe
          '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

Tag is appropriate 759 WAQ because the car certainly got WACKED! Sorry I had to!

That car looks like it will make a great project, being a coupe and a Buick V6 engine.

They are lucky they didn't short out the battery with that crushed in sheet metal.

Can't wait to see the restoration project!
            David

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

hope the rad support works out...but your isnt as messed up as the my other buicks....

Originally posted by LordDurock
              most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
              82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
              00 VW jetta 2.0
              00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

if its a 91 Ciera coupe, wouldnt that put it right into the realm of the Sport package? all i can see is that its missing the FE3 badge..... and its got bench seats instead of buckets or does it have the buckets, storage console w/o the shifter?
                "All art is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."
                -N.S.K. Neuer Slowenian Kunst
                proud former owner of 83 Ciera Brougham Coupe (may her new owners repair her and get her on the road as she deserves to be!)
                Pics of MAxine here! 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Coupe

Comment

you have an opportunity to build something unique.

or at least uniquer.... LOL

I say do it!!!

Comment

or this! i say do this as well!!! lol
                    "All art is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."
                    -N.S.K. Neuer Slowenian Kunst
                    proud former owner of 83 Ciera Brougham Coupe (may her new owners repair her and get her on the road as she deserves to be!)
                    Pics of MAxine here! 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Coupe

Comment

Working...
                    X