Clear All

Total fail ;)

60mph 99%
    50mph 98%
    40mph 60%
    oh yea i killing things with no smoke cloud
    i fail due to the fact that my motor burn to much oil........no fun

Originally posted by LordDurock
    most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
    82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
    00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Im not really sure what that means?
    "Pontiac, Of Course"
    1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1T
    1998 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T
    1999 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon
    1991 Audi 200 Auto
    1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

my guess is emmisions inspection. too much oil burning off into the atmosphere i guess. if so, that sucks, dude

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

http://des.nh.gov/organization/divis...p/opacity2.htm

just placed my phone behind me car and yea smoke is rather bad but it getting better..... it not a death cloud like be for
        Last edited by LordDurock; 08-07-2009, 07:53 PM.

most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
        00 VW jetta 2.0
        00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

here we go
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpB_hjlIFss

00 VW jetta 2.0
          00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Whys it like that? There not suppose to right? I saw a diesle Olds Delta and it barley had a wisp when accelerating and none cruisin along. I dont know much about diesles except the concept of how they run
            "Pontiac, Of Course"
            1991 Audi 200 Auto
            1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

3 things rings are not seated (just like a gas motor), rings are sticky (was like that when i got it i would think a swin in a can of gas would od the trick with me working the rings, maybe my pcv isnt working and im sucking to much oil back in (my after pcv tube to mani was getting some oil in it last year)

after that is something bad need to run a compression test. can nay one get the numbers of were they should be.

diesel are more or less liek a gas motor mechanily they just have the fuel system stuff.....and with that come diffrint problems

00 VW jetta 2.0
              00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Damn, I was gonna suggest putting some oil (1 or 1.5 tablespoons) in the combustion chambers via spark plug holes... Whoops, not a gasser.
                Daniel
                Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
                Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
                Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke George V View Post
                  Damn, I was gonna suggest putting some oil (1 or 1.5 tablespoons) in the combustion chambers via spark plug holes... Whoops, not a gasser.
                  that easy i take out the glowplugs. whats the oil going to do for me

00 VW jetta 2.0
                  00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

oil would help free the rings. But id say just drive it, any of the cars iv had that sat forever worked its oil burning out within a few thousand miles.
                    "Pontiac, Of Course"
                    1991 Audi 200 Auto
                    1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Prospeeder View Post
                      oil would help free the rings. But id say just drive it, any of the cars iv had that sat forever worked its oil burning out within a few thousand miles.
                      that what im going to do if i still have the problem im going to try a quart of bg 109

00 VW jetta 2.0
                      00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

If you do a compression test, see low readings, then put the oil in the cylinders and compression goes up, that means the rings are bad on that cylinder (the oil seals the rings temporarily). It's pretty much a given that you have bad rings on at least one cylinder with the amount of blue smoke being put out, possibly more.
                        Daniel
                        Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
                        Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
                        Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

the rings have 90 miles on them there not bad. the car was over heated be for i got it but the rings has loads of spring left in them so there not bad in that way. its either there no seated or there still gummed

00 VW jetta 2.0
                          00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

just got done changing the oil pan gaskets......what job (it a tight fit for the pan between oil pump and frame) i'll find out if it leaks tomorrow. if stopped im off the to get temp tags Monday to see if i cant make it stop smoking in a week

00 VW jetta 2.0
                            00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Working...
                            X