Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduce yourself thread! (56k warning!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all. My names Larry, im 19 and from Conway Arkansas. About 30 miles outside of Little Rock. My current car is a white w/red interior 93 cutlass ciera s. This is my second ciera, the first being a blue on blue 91. Ive had several other cars since the ciera, but ive always had a soft spot for these a-body cars. So when i saw this one for 400 bucks, i couldnt pass it up. Ill post some pics as soon as my camera is functioning again... Im very glad i found this site though. My plans for the car are basically to fix and restore this forgot about car...
    93 Cutlass Ciera S-3.3l, open exhaust, modified air box, cam, more to come...

Comment

Hello well im 20 years old, Im in construction putting up graind elevators. I own two berettas. First is a 89 base w/2.0TBI 3speed auto which was my 17th b'day present. Then there is my '88 base original texas car, with gt suspension and Z26 bumpers,skirts,spoiler on it. It was free but at that time it was bone stock with no mods at all. Have bug plans for that ol' girl **cough cough 3800sc** lol.
      And most recently, the '95 cutlass ciera i bought from its original owner (wifes dad) for an astounding $150! In running condition with only 94K original miles on it still has the window stick and sales reciept to it. Has a 3100 that needs a wash down bad in it, blue on blue, has some rust mostly the common rust on thses midwest a-bos, the passenger side of the trunk is rusted. PERFECT interior though. Bought it for a work car. Anyone got any advice for these cars? Thanks for reading.

Comment

Dang, 150 bucks!

-Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
        '86 Eurosport sedan
        '88 Eurosport VR coupe
        '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

Yeah for real and all it took to get it running was a serp belt and a battery which i had laying around and it started right up. though it needs a muffler and a new blet tensioner which is why the old belt broke i assume.

Comment

welcome! sounds like a good deal to me i like berettas too.

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

Hi, a few friends and I have recently bought this 1989 Cutlass Ciera with a 2.8L V6

The current plan is to run it in The 24 hours of LeMons. We are hoping to run in the Gingerman race in April and the Autoban one in October(if we get accepted). We have a blog that follows the project along with other random bad ideas.

I'm sure we are going to have lots of questions, and just quickly looking over the site has already sent us to the pick-n-pull to snag a eurosport front sway bar, and other things we are discussing if we still have the money in the budget.

A quick question though off the bat, what parts are most likely to break or cause us trouble in the race?
              Last edited by lemons bob; 10-27-2009, 06:40 PM.
              Racing 4 Nickels

Comment

woah, last post was last month. well, anyways, down to business.

I'm Jon and i just picked up this 88 century from my neighbors. I used to ride to school in it when i was too young to drive, so it has a few memories tied to it. I'm 18 years old, and this is my 5th car. Im going to college locally at Grand Rapids Community College to get my associates degree in automotive service. I play guitar, i'm into music and stuff. oh, and we can't forget the cars now!

heres the latest horse in my stable. picked it up for 110 bucks. it sat in their back yard under a tree for about a year, and it doesn't run right someitmes. its got the 2.8 mpfi engine in it. i threw a battery in it, and it fired right up, but as soon as i had to stop i realized the brakes were gone. good times in cheap cars.

"Good, Fast, Cheap."

They say you can pick two, but sometimes you only end up with one...

Comment

nice! 110 is a steal whether it runs or not. welcome to the community

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by lemons bob View Post
                    Hi, a few friends and I have recently bought this 1989 Cutlass Ciera with a 2.8L V6

The current plan is to run it in The 24 hours of LeMons. We are hoping to run in the Gingerman race in April and the Autoban one in October(if we get accepted). We have a blog that follows the project along with other random bad ideas.

I'm sure we are going to have lots of questions, and just quickly looking over the site has already sent us to the pick-n-pull to snag a eurosport front sway bar, and other things we are discussing if we still have the money in the budget.

A quick question though off the bat, what parts are most likely to break or cause us trouble in the race?
                    If you run that Ciera in the LeMons, someone on this board will happily purchase those rare sport wheels from you and save them from the treacherous ways of the racetrack.
                    What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaloryan View Post
                      If you run that Ciera in the LeMons, someone on this board will happily purchase those rare sport wheels from you and save them from the treacherous ways of the racetrack.
                      Are you saying that you want a set of those rims? cause if you do I have a set, all the chrome trim is still on them (except I don't have the trim rings) and I even have all of the centres. But they'd probably be expensive to ship. And I'd only sell them to somebody on this forum, knowing somebody would use them and love them and cherish them forever, since they are the rims from my grandmother's Cutlass Ciera (Same colour as the car pictured by lemons bob. Are those rims that rare? I found a 13 inch set of those rims, what would they have come off of? Firenza?

Comment

I just found a set of fourteens off a Ciera wagon that I'm having sandblasted and repainted. (They're the first set that I've seen. Ever.) A second set would be wonderful, but I'd like to wait a little while before buying them. I have to get some tires for my current set of ralleyes...but thank you. I appreciate the offer, and I'll take you up on it if you could get me a shipping figure.
                        What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Comment

We are probalby running 14s since they are pretty easy to find in the junkyards, so we might end up keeping them as spares. I also did see a set listed at a junkyard in blue at a local junkyard for $35.

plus according to this site they don't seem that rare http://www.car-part.com/

Then again someone want to offer as much or more than it would cost to get another set of rims we might let them go to a good home.
                          Last edited by lemons bob; 11-24-2009, 07:47 PM.
                          Racing 4 Nickels

Comment

hey everybody. my name is zack. im 19 and i got a 1989 cutlass ciera xc special edition coupe. its white with burgundy bucket seat interior. the car is super clean. it was my first car at 16 with 63000 miles on it and my dad got it from the original owner in 2002 with only 43000 miles on it. got a 3.3 v6 with overdrive trans. plans are to keep it clean and do some mild performance mods to it to make it a little more fun to drive.

Comment

Hi all, I'm the owner of a silver '94 Ciera in NW Ohio, 89,000 miles. I'm hoping to fix some surface rust before it gets bad,get the radio sounding a bit better, and learn how to make some minor modifications (read: handling!!)... I generally just want to make this car more pleasant to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo-Soyuz 1975 View Post
                                Hi all, I'm the owner of a silver '94 Ciera in NW Ohio, 89,000 miles. I'm hoping to fix some surface rust before it gets bad,get the radio sounding a bit better, and learn how to make some minor modifications (read: handling!!)... I generally just want to make this car more pleasant to drive.
                                Welcome to the forum! Several of us have installed suspension upgrades, rear swaybars and other handling items; a quick search should turn up something useful!

David

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X