Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduce yourself thread! (56k warning!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zackdizzle89
    ...my name is zack. im 19 and i got a 1989 cutlass ciera xc special edition coupe...plans are to keep it clean and do some mild performance mods to it to make it a little more fun to drive.
    Hi Zack! Welcome aboard!! Sorry I didn't see your message earlier! There's a couple of us on here with '89 Ciera coupes. Myself and another member both have '89 International coupes. The other member on here (Skalor) has a heavily modified drivetrain in his (do a search on him and you can read all about it, or better yet, ask him!) while mine is still stock, with plans for a 4.9L Caddy V8 and a 5 speed manual transmission. Pictures would be appreciated by all, I'm sure. Feel free to start a new thread in the Project Central section or something like that - give us a nice "before and after" kinda thing. Anyway, welcome!
    http://www.screech.ws/
    01 Chev 2500HD (4x4), Vortec 8100, 496ci BBC, 3.73 gears, CCSB
    98 Chev K2500 (4x4), Vortec 350, 4.10 gearing, ECLB 155.5" WB
    98 Chev C2500 (2wd), Vortec 350 w/SFI kit, 3.73 gears, ECLB 155.5" WB
    89 Olds Cutlass Ciera W45 Int'l Coupe
    76 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham BBC
    95 Pontiac Trans Sport SE (US Model), 3800HO
    92 Pontiac Trans Sport GT
    92 Pontiac Trans Sport SE, S1 3800SC L67 - R.I.P. 2010-09-09

Comment

i would love to upload some pictures...however i do not see how to upload pictures to this post. chected out the faq and no icons.

Comment

I don't own a car dedicated to the forum. However, I am related to a regular poster. Here is my Oldsmobile.....
        1959 Chevrolet Apache 31 235 I-6 SM420
        1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Conv 350-4 V8 THM350
        1988 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport 2.8 V-6 Getrag 5 Speed

Comment

Looks nice! Related huh? Same household? That background looks familiar.
          -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
          '86 Eurosport sedan
          '88 Eurosport VR coupe
          '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

Very nice olds!!! 71?? or ?
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3369697

Comment

Thanks...It is a 71....

Comment

Yes think Zaloryan or however he spells his screen name..........

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Top Olds View Post
                  Yes think Zaloryan or however he spells his screen name..........
                  Yep, that's what I was thinking
                  -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
                  '86 Eurosport sedan
                  '88 Eurosport VR coupe
                  '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

Well, although it's a bit late, I figure I should also chime in.

My name is Drifter, and I'm the proud owner of a survivor of a 1985 Buick Century. with only 80,800 on the clock, there's plenty of life left in the car.

I've loved GM's and Toyotas my entire life... namely GM engines and Toyota 'chassises'. My other car is a barely-running 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo that will be getting de-turboed and pushrodded sometime between this fall and next fall. My goal is 300 RWHP on an iron-block Vortec V8 with no power adders.

My goals for the Century are dull in comparison. Switch to a less restrictive exhaust system from the header back, port the intake manifold, change the timing gear when I get a chance to a metal one (paranoia mostly), add a gauge cluster, a decent stereo, speakers, and a full cosmetic restoration - and whatever I can do to improve the car's cornering. It looks like parts of the car were attempted to be repainted but it turned out nasty, and in the sunlight you can tell it was rattle-canned poorly.

So yeah, I'm here to learn. Pleased to meet y'all. :3

Comment

Hello all my name is Sean and I have an 88 Ciera Int. series coupe, it has been in my family since new
                      and is one of my most prized possessions. I repainted and rebuilt or replaced virtually everything for
                      my Dad in 02 and it was left to me when he passed in 03. It has been in storage every since then as
                      I am waiting to do something special with it before it sees the street again. I have just started getting
                      the parts together now that I have finally decided on a plan.

The plan is to convert it to RWD with a custom chassis and utilize a 06 to present Corvette drivetrain
                      and suspension, LS3 440HP and paddle shifted 6spd auto.

Here is a photoshop rendition of the desired look (not mine it is currently gray over silver). What do you think?

Comment

Wow that's going to be a serious undertaking, and definately a first. If/when you do start this project be sure to post throughout the progress in the project area. Personally I think it's a badass idea and I say go for it. Good to see another serious fan

Comment

Hello from charm city.

I've got a 1995 Ciera SL that was given to our family when my grandmother passed. It's been surprisingly reliable given that I've only changed the oil for the past 2 years. I've tried to fight the sickness I have, where I must modify every vehicle I drive, but that plan only lasted a year or so. So far I've just changed the wheels and the stereo.

When shopping for brake parts I noticed the front rotors fit a TON of different cars, and well it wasn't long before I picked up some FWD Caddy wheels. They are 5x115 and bolt up just like the factory rollers, I reused the oem lugs and they're even hubcentric. Best part is the wheels came from the junkyard, 38 bucks each, another $50 got me some center caps from ebay which are unfortunately mismatched, two flat ones and two convex. It's a little hard to notice, but the convex ones match the face of the wheel perfectly. Some 205/55x16 Goodyear Signatures from the local tire shop finished that job off.

The stereo is a Delco CD deck from a 2k S10, with an aux input adapter, and some Boston 2 way 3.5 inchers that I had laying around from the ol' rabbit. When shopping for the aux adapter there were only two types available, and now there's one that will actually control my ipod with the deck buttons, wish I would have waited a few months for that one.

Anyhow enough with the stories here's a few pics.

Started like this

Hopefully when spring gets here I'll be able to do some maintenance items. The muffler is shot, the intake manifold is a bit leaky but not bad if you're easy on the pedal, and I believe the thermostat needs replacing. The car takes an awful long time to warm up and thus the TQ doesn't lock up in overdrive when it's cold. Also I'm going to buy some equipment to start bodywork on my vw project soon, so I should be able to get rid of that rust before it gets too awful.

Comment

Originally posted by vw_freak View Post
                            Hello from charm city.

I've got a 1995 Ciera SL that was given to our family when my grandmother passed. It's been surprisingly reliable given that I've only changed the oil for the past 2 years. I've tried to fight the sickness I have, where I must modify every vehicle I drive, but that plan only lasted a year or so. So far I've just changed the wheels and the stereo.....
                            Hey glad to have you here! The Caddi wheels look good on your car, too.

Be careful with the manifold leak, it can progress quickly to being water-in-oil or water-out-exhaust!

Thanks for the pictures!

By the way - what fun is it to own a car and NOT modify it in at least some way?!?!
                            David

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I was just skimming over your thread with the 3.8SFI turbo.. awesome stuff! I love sleepers.

Comment

Originally posted by vw_freak View Post
                                Thanks for the welcome, I was just skimming over your thread with the 3.8SFI turbo.. awesome stuff! I love sleepers.
                                Thanks! I love sleepers too. I have really disappointed some Japanese and VW drivers with that car!

By the way, I was just in your area last week! Flew into BWI and picked up an 86 Buick GS near Thurmont, MD. What a fun trip home! Left with one motor and transmission and made it home with TWO motors and transmissions! Here is the thread with pictures.

David
                                Last edited by turbokinetic; 03-13-2010, 12:11 AM. Reason: Added link to GS thread...

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X