• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    Hey Ken Sir , Howdy y’all over there
    Still kickin'

Ken T.

Comment

I had the 231 in an '82 Buick Regal and I had the 307 in an '86 Buick Regal. I preferred the '86 Regal for the V-8 but the '82 was nice too. I had to rebuild the 231 3 times in 10 years. Always had oil come up from the pcv valve up into the air cleaner on that 231. Hated that. Was like that since new.

Comment

Originally posted by Century7667 View Post
        Jerry,

I'm going to mess with you now....

I guess you haven't heard of the Regal GNX.

Ken T.
        Ahhh yes, while very impressive and attractive, GM's warranty nightmare

Until I owned the 3300, and actually looked at all the changes that were in the FWD versions, I couldn't appreciate all the engineering that had gone into the engines by 1987.
        Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by CorvairGeek View Post
          It's a shame the RWD 3.8 of that era didn't get the improvements of the FWD 3.8 / 3800. I guess the figured it was going away.
          Well with only 30 thousand original miles it is what it is. If something happens to it it will be replaced with a LS6 haha

Comment

Ahhh yes, while very impressive and attractive, GM's warranty nightmare

Until I owned the 3300, and actually looked at all the changes that were in the FWD versions, I couldn't appreciate all the engineering that had gone into the engines by 1987.
            The 3300: Affordable value minded Buick mill that wasn't "cheap." Truly underrated. When I shopped my Buick new in 1996 I asked, "What? No Buick motor for the Buick?"

Ken T.

Comment

Originally posted by Century7667 View Post
              The 3300: Affordable value minded Buick mill that wasn't "cheap." Truly underrated. When I shopped my Buick new in 1996 I asked, "What? No Buick motor for the Buick?"

Ken T.
              Is the 3300 feel noticeably different than a 3100? The only other Abody I have driven was a 95 Century with a 2.2 and I was underwhelmed.

Comment

Essentially the same horsepower and torque between our '92 3300 and our '96 3100, but peak torque is at 2000 rpm with the 3300 and at 4000 rpm with the 3100. The 3100 has more favorable gearing for performance too, but the 3300 feels a lot more powerful.
                I liked the '96 a lot more until we bought the '92 in 2014. We bought the '96 new.
                Jerry

Comment

The 3300 has a more torquey feel to is. It's a lot easier to services from the top side, while the 3100 is a bit easier on the front. I like them both!

Ken T.

Comment

Got the fuel pump changed in my 85 Coupe recently. Runs like it is loosing power badly and set codes. I checked the codes last night and got 34 and 45. Need to do a lil more work it seems

Somewhat recent picture:

So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
                    • 1988 Century Limited
                    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
                    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
                    • 1985 Celebrity sedan
                    • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Comment

Essentially the same horsepower and torque between our '92 3300 and our '96 3100, but peak torque is at 2000 rpm with the 3300 and at 4000 rpm with the 3100. The 3100 has more favorable gearing for performance too, but the 3300 feels a lot more powerful.
                      I liked the '96 a lot more until we bought the '92 in 2014. We bought the '96 new.
                      I do too, both are fine engines. And in the hands of the right person they are down right excellent, dependable and long lasting. After 25 years my 3300 runs VERY strong.

Comment

So Agree Skip !! We all can go back and forth but in all honestly compared to 2018 cars with newer technology we all have simple engines that’s still running after 25 years or so with what ever mileage

Comment

Originally posted by Keiths1976 View Post
                          So Agree Skip !! We all can go back and forth but in all honestly compared to 2018 cars with newer technology we all have simple engines that’s still running after 25 years or so with what ever mileage
                          Absolutely. Both engines will give an easy 200k and beyond.

Ken T.

Comment

I put a 28mm sway bar from a trans sport on my 96 ciera, handles soo much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Cool99nose View Post
                              I put a 28mm sway bar from a trans sport on my 96 ciera, handles soo much better.
                              Welcome! The change is like night and day with the anti-swaybar.
                              Jerry

Comment

Changing motor oil and oil filter today. Grease job and cooling system flush too.

Comment

Working...
                                X