Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants a set of (brand new) Eibach lowering springs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put me down for 1 set minimum. If i've got extra "stupid" money when we pull the trigger I may grab an extra set for a future project.
    1986 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport -- RS Transformation in process
    1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera XC Special Edition -- saved from the scrap heap
    1989 Pontiac 6000 STE AWD - turbo someday
    1993 Buick Century - supercharged GS (not a real one) project
    1994 GMC Suburban SLE 2500 2wd
    1997 Saturn SW1 -- The daily driver
    1978 Pontiac Sunbird coupe -- Iron Duke powered!
    1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Comment

I've got you on the list!

We're half way there people, let's keep it going!!!
      Current:
      1989 Chevy Celebrity
      2006 Subaru Impreza (Daily)

Previous:
      2006 Subaru Impreza (Sold)
      2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
      2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)
      2000 Subaru Forester (Sold)
      1994 Toyota Camry (Scrap)

Comment

How many are you at now?

Comment

Check out the first page, there's a list with sets that are accounted for so far. We're at 12 right now; are you interested?
          Current:
          1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
          2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
          2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Comment

I'm thinking about it
            Back in the day I spent years hunting down a set
            Found a couple sets
            People wouldn't sell
            Probably went to the junk yard.

You also have 12 listed twice in your list.
            I'll keep an eye on this. And if it gets closer to happening I'll join in.

Don't want to get my hopes high.

Comment

Originally posted by 6000 SSEi View Post
              I'm thinking about it
              Back in the day I spent years hunting down a set
              Found a couple sets
              People wouldn't sell
              Probably went to the junk yard.

You also have 12 listed twice in your list.
              I'll keep an eye on this. And if it gets closer to happening I'll join in.

Don't want to get my hopes high.
              It's a shame all the sets that have probably been junked. Oh well.
              I'm going to add you onto the list for now (as a tentative), just to get a clearer picture of if we're even going to get close or not.
              Current:
              1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
              2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
              2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Comment

I'm probably interested (still trying to decide if I want to go lower). Does anybody have a picture of these installed? I'd like to see what an A-Body looks like with a slight drop.

Comment

The problem is that the threads with the pictures of the lowered cars aren't active anymore (as far as I know), so those pictures are gone.

EDIT: Check out this thread. Forum member shocker made some coilovers for his car, and you can see a before/after 'drop' picture. http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthr...ll=1#post76774
                  Last edited by PGuru; 04-28-2015, 02:47 AM.
                  Current:
                  1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
                  2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
                  2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Comment

They look sick

Lowering springs are almost a MUST if you've changed to a nicer rim and tire.
                    It would be expensive but I've always wanted it. Like the last thing needing to be done to the supercharged 6000.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

I'm really on the fence, I'm just going to have to think about it for a while. I just put new struts and shocks in and got the car aligned, so it seems like a waste to tear it apart. Also, I have almost zero clearance in the strut tower with the shocks that came with the Monroe struts, which concerns me about if these will rub. But at the same time, it would be really cool. Decisions, decisions....

Comment

Not sure where you are lacking clearance. ?
                        Rear springs take about 20 minutes to change and you won't need another alignment. Just gotta pop the front struts out. They take a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by 6000 SSEi View Post
                          Not sure where you are lacking clearance. ?
                          The actual inside of the strut tower is where I had issues. I had moog struts initially but the springs rubbed against the inside of the strut tower, and were a noticeably larger diameter than OEM. The Monroe fits, but it's tight. And I know it's not tough, I just don't want to pay for another alignment right away. Not to mention I snapped one of the mounting studs of the struts by over tightening it. I have a replacement in there but it is a huge pain to put that strut in/out now.

Comment

Originally posted by bdiermeier View Post
                            I'm probably interested (still trying to decide if I want to go lower). Does anybody have a picture of these installed? I'd like to see what an A-Body looks like with a slight drop.
                            bdiermeier check this out, this is my old Century with freshly installed Eibachs and new struts/shocks. It would probably settle a little lower after putting some mileage on it but you get the idea. Its just a little lower, and the thing feels soooo much tighter. You can really feel the good chassis these cars have.

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            Back on the ground! Need an alignment obviously. Grabbed a couple of pictures while it was in the driveway before i took it down the street. Its running like crap. The brakes still need more bleeding. But i can feel the suspension is much tighter now with the eibachs and u-van sway bar. I'll have to put it back together so it can go in for an alignment. It doesn't look much lower, does it?

Comment

Thanks for the pics! That looks really good. I think having 16" wheels on mine will probably make it look a little more "lowered" too.

Not to get off topic, or ask to be given info, but what is the u-van sway bar you mention?

Comment

Originally posted by bdiermeier View Post
                                Thanks for the pics! That looks really good. I think having 16" wheels on mine will probably make it look a little more "lowered" too.

Not to get off topic, or ask to be given info, but what is the u-van sway bar you mention?
                                Yes, I had planned on putting 16" Grand Prix crosslace wheels on that car, but sadly it passed on. I did keep the suspension parts though

The U-van sway bar is a bolt on upgrade for the front sway bar of the A-body cars (Celebrity, Ciera, Century, 6000). The front sway bar from a U-body van (Pontiac Trans sport, Olds Silhouette, Chevy Lumina APV) will directly bolt in replacement of our front sway bar, and its a thicker bar which stiffens up the front some. Its a nice improvement in handling and they can be found at your local pick-n-pull (if you have those) for fairly cheap. Takes an hour or two to swap and voila, less body roll!

Comment

Working...
                                X