Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants a set of (brand new) Eibach lowering springs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuttyboi69
    replied
    Down af

Leave a comment:

• stickpony
    replied
    Originally posted by PGuru View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've spoken to Eibach and asked about the lowering springs they used to make for our cars. The springs in question are: 3804.140 (82-91 FWD A-body) Pro Kit Lowering Springs. These are said to work on cars up to '93 and I believe it can be slightly modified to also work on newer cars as well.

**If you've changed your mind on whether or not you want a set (or if you want another), inform me and I will change it.
    these are now available through me, message me on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/RonnieRussellDSR

Leave a comment:

• PGuru
    replied
    After many years, it's finally time to end this thread on a happy note!

Leave a comment:

• stickpony
    replied
    Originally posted by PGuru View Post
    This is exactly the kind of news I was hoping for! Seriously awesome work finding these guys.

The only question I have is, after they've done the R & D for your given specs, do you know if they'd be willing to give me the same, except with a drop of 2" - 2 1/4"?

hey guys, I will be starting a new thread for the Eibach springs. I am having a run of 25 springs made, i fronted the cash. anyone interested, feel free to contact me in 8-10 weeks when the production run is completed

Leave a comment:

• 6000 SSEi
    replied
    Time to do the torch lowering trick...

JUST kidding. LOL. bad idea!

Leave a comment:

• Century7667
    replied
    Maybe, but it was an interesting thread to read at any rate!

Ken T.

Leave a comment:

• PGuru
    replied
    I think it's about time to consider this dead. Would have been great to get this done but after 2 years and still nowhere near the numbers we need, there's really no point.

/thread

Leave a comment:

• Old Gold
    replied
    Unfortunetly, I believe that is the case as well 6000 SSEi. That's why I think that going down a route and ordering custom springs on a person-by-person basis is probably the way to go and would allow the springs to be tailored for the individual car and user. They'll cost more then a large group order from Eibach (about twice as much, more like $450 for a set of four springs instead of $225 for a set of four springs), but at least it's an option... I haven't updated this thread because my celebrity is sitting right now as I do a job transition... I hope to get a set of Coil Springs Specialites custom springs and my Bilstein struts on asap... it's funny how life gets in the way of car mods

Leave a comment:

• 6000 SSEi
    replied
    Still don't see this number growing too quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Old Gold
    replied
    Thanks P-Guru! I'll update the thread on my end as well if I learn anything new.

Leave a comment:

• PGuru
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Gold View Post
    Hi PGuru,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to talk more with Coil Spring Specialties due to time constraints (short notice Crew chief'ing again in Mexico in a few weeks for a Subaru Rally Team, takes a lot of prep work!), but was planning to contact them when I get back to the states. I encourage you to contact them if you want to get something going sooner. They're great people to work with!
    Best of luck!

I will try to find some time next week to contact them. I just started a new school year and with that, work and coaching hockey, I barely even have time for my car!

I'll update you all if I make an head-way.

Leave a comment:

• Old Gold
    replied
    Hi PGuru,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to talk more with Coil Spring Specialties due to time constraints (short notice Crew chief'ing again in Mexico in a few weeks for a Subaru Rally Team, takes a lot of prep work!), but was planning to contact them when I get back to the states. I encourage you to contact them if you want to get something going sooner. They're great people to work with!

Leave a comment:

• PGuru
    replied
    Also of note, when I install the lowering springs with the front and rear Bilstein shocks and struts, I'm going to be replacing all of the mounting hardware (strut tops, upper spring perches/isolators) and also all of the front control arm and rear axle support bushings (using energy suspension polyurethane bushings up front and new stock-style rubber bushings in the rear) along with the rear track bar, as the bushings aren't easily replaceable to my knowledge. I figure that since my Celeb is approaching the 175k mile mark, it would just make sense to replace these parts while everything is apart...

After reading about the installation of the Addco rear sway bar from several members (Turbokinetic and others), I've decided to go with the 3/4" 325 rear sway bar instead of trying to fit 1" Addco rear sway bar from the larger U-van (which apparently is unobtainable at the moment anyway). I'm worried that due to the Celebrity's weight bias (around 60% front/40% rear?) and with the sticky-sticky 200-treadware tires I'm going with (Hankook Hankook Ventus R-S3 V2) a rear sway bar that's too large (stiff) combined with firm shock/struts and firm springs, could exaggerate snap-oversteer (when the rear comes out expectedly during turning). Of course, this is all just theory at the moment, and I've been wrong more times then I can count, so we'll just see what happens
    Any updates on where you stand with Coil Spring Specialties? Would love to know if they've started working on this and what the timeline is!

Leave a comment:

• Old Gold
    replied
    Also of note, when I install the lowering springs with the front and rear Bilstein shocks and struts, I'm going to be replacing all of the mounting hardware (strut tops, upper spring perches/isolators) and also all of the front control arm and rear axle support bushings (using energy suspension polyurethane bushings up front and new stock-style rubber bushings in the rear) along with the rear track bar, as the bushings aren't easily replaceable to my knowledge. I figure that since my Celeb is approaching the 175k mile mark, it would just make sense to replace these parts while everything is apart...

After reading about the installation of the Addco rear sway bar from several members (Turbokinetic and others), I've decided to go with the 3/4" 325 rear sway bar instead of trying to fit 1" Addco rear sway bar from the larger U-van (which apparently is unobtainable at the moment anyway). I'm worried that due to the Celebrity's weight bias (around 60% front/40% rear?) and with the sticky-sticky 200-treadware tires I'm going with (Hankook Hankook Ventus R-S3 V2) a rear sway bar that's too large (stiff) combined with firm shock/struts and firm springs, could exaggerate snap-oversteer (when the rear comes out expectedly during turning). Of course, this is all just theory at the moment, and I've been wrong more times then I can count, so we'll just see what happens

Leave a comment:

• SegaGT
    replied
    Agreed Drop Top! As we know, with everything we change on our cars, when you start to modify a system (in our case, the suspension and steering), it usually creates a domino effect... sometimes little things, sometimes huge things.
    I love the look of a lowered A-body. Lots of luck to you guys, and make sure you post plenty of pictures of the results.

You are right about changes though. I had to install a "bump steer" kit on a car (non GM) due to changes in the tie rod angle to the rack affecting road manners.
    This may not be an issue at all with the GM suspension though and it seems manual racks/ratios are more susceptible on dropped cars while most (all) A-body cars are power anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X