Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Acquisition 88 Celebrity Eurosport 5 Speed Manual (lots of photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the important thing is that you are enjoying it. When I have time to spend with mine, I'm usually buffing and polishing and just admiring it. LOL Nice car my friend.

Comment

Thanks Skip. In the morning I am heading to visit a Celebrity to look for some "donations".
      1959 Chevrolet Apache 31 235 I-6 SM420
      1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Conv 350-4 V8 THM350
      1988 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport 2.8 V-6 Getrag 5 Speed

Comment

That HAS to be fun running through the gears! : - ) Years ago I was trying to trade my 56 Chevy for a Chevelle that had a 4 speed in it. Dang it was fun to drive! The 56 had a turbo 400 tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Salvage View Post
          That HAS to be fun running through the gears! : - ) Years ago I was trying to trade my 56 Chevy for a Chevelle that had a 4 speed in it. Dang it was fun to drive! The 56 had a turbo 400 tranny.
          I like both, but my first love was the manual. Always the right gear at the right time every time.

On the other hand the ergonomics have to be right. One of the reasons I haven't pursued a conversion is because I don't *know* for sure that it would sit right in the cabin for me. If I did one, I'd want the 3300 or the 3800 for low end grunt...perfect for a stick.

Ken T.

Comment

Ken, the shifter sits "right" for me, a natural reach. The little 2.8 with a manual has some go. Sometimes have to be careful about a rolling along in first and punching the throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Top Olds View Post
              Ken, the shifter sits "right" for me, a natural reach. The little 2.8 with a manual has some go. Sometimes have to be careful about a rolling along in first and punching the throttle.
              ...if I am ever in Austin, I'll have to look you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Century7667 View Post
                ...if I am ever in Austin, I'll have to look you up.
                Me too.
                Jay

Comment

So, Had a clutch issue on the Celebrity. Purchased all replacement clutch kit, pressure plate, master and slave. Going to replace it all. After tearing into it discovered an input shaft bearing housing failure in the transmission. Previous owner had this failure and had a shop weld the throw out bearing sleeve back on the input shaft bearing housing. The "rig" repair finally failed. Luckily I had a Getrag from a Beretta and was able to get the car back on the road. Also picked up a TGP 3.1 complete for a future swap.
                  Future work includes rear sway bar and coil over conversion. Then the turbo mod will be in line.

Comment

Your future plans are downright awesome!
                    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
                    '86 Eurosport sedan
                    '88 Eurosport VR coupe
                    '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

Thanks Andy!

Comment

Awesome to hear man !! I been wondering what happened to you on Facebook . I only know one man with a 5 speed celebrity Eurosport touch base Keith

Comment

Hi Keith,
                          I dumped FB. Too much like rat poison. I also decided to stop funding Zuckerberg's bank account. Still have that console with your name on it.

Comment

I’m not on FB either. Never seen a stick A body with console in person. Only an old wagon with stick on the floor. Then again I’ve never seen a VR in person except for Mitch’s.
                            1989 Celebrity CL 4 door, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, summer daily driver
                            1989 Cutlass Cruiser wagon, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, special summer ride
                            1996 Cherokee XJ 4 door, 4.0, 5 speed, winter daily driver & towing vehicle
                            1991 Tracker 2 door, 1.6, 5 speed, needs work
                            Previously several Celebritys, 6000s, & 2 U-vans

Comment

The standard transmission completely changes the character of the car.

Comment

I hope one day u stay in touch with David and get your dreams meet my friend . Hope family and everyone is good . I know u have to keep in touch via email or cell one time drop me a in box message . You know me so haply to see a fellow 5 speed a - body on the road as well as your olds too

Comment

Working...
                                X