Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Acquisition 88 Celebrity Eurosport 5 Speed Manual (lots of photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some nice finds!
    About not passing inspection over that "fray"...
    Did you throw a hex on that boys mama or something? He must have gotten up on the wrong side of the watermelon that day...
    I've had an inspection station pull bologna on me, and I just never went back.

Comment

Thanks Sega Gt. Yeah that inspection deal was real irritating. I made the mistake of going to a chain store -Firestone. My motive was I needed to purchase tires in the near term. Was trying to establish an economic relationship with a business and told the manager of my intention. They pretty much killed any chance of that with their outrageous deal about the seat belt. Went back again after I purchased new belts from 86 Euro since they allowed a no charge re inspection. They denied it again so I went to a Mom and Pop shop and didn't have any issues there.
      1959 Chevrolet Apache 31 235 I-6 SM420
      1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Conv 350-4 V8 THM350
      1988 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport 2.8 V-6 Getrag 5 Speed

Comment

BTW have to brag a little on my car. It was about 70 miles one way to the yard I pulled the parts from. First road trip with all Highway driving. My car turned 34.5 mpg on the trip at 70 mph. Really pleased with that.

Comment

The lamp would have looked like this.

I need a lens for my van, uses the same. Many GMs are the same, even the 2005 Corvette seems to have the same one. Even some Mopars appear to use the same supplier.
          Jay

Comment

Okay, I've not been diligent on keeping the members up with my progress. Have had many things to put up with......
            At the end of August I fell on the stairs and tore three tendons and my rotator cuff muscle. After that fun had several things cooking, primarily maintenance. Put off shoulder surgery as long as I could then had to go under the knife. Still working on my strength and flexibility. In the mean time I have tried to do as much as I can on the Celeb.

Just prior to surgery, the fuel consumption increased dramatically. I had to park it and have the shoulder repaired. Good thing because 15 mpg out of 2.8 is ridiculous.

So post surgery I've been busy.
            With Zaloryan's help, the top end intake gasket work was completed.
            Next was the addition of a laptop and tuning/datalog software.
            Assistance from Turbokinetic and Zaloryan got me on a learning curve.
            Replaced the O2 sensor, radiatior (old one was leaking), coils, ICM, plugs, oil change, whew!

Comment

Today was a yarding run. Row 52 is my friend, found an 89 Celeb in a San Antonio yard, it showed up on March 29. Figured I had a good shot at beating the buzzards to it. Well, my goodies included a factory trunk light set up, a back up ECM with memcal, a factory power trunk set up, a near perfect drivers door window channel, and a 1991 Cavalier three spoke steering wheel.

The hardest part was pulling the wires for the trunk stuff. I got lucky and patient and got the entire wiring set up to the rear. I will only have to rig up a power lead to the trunk button.

The donor car had a few nice options I would've loved to snag. Remote pass mirror set up.

The car was a basic Celeb, with power bench seat, only 89K on the odometer. Anyways, I have some more work to do.

Comment

oh yeah also got some help from Turbokinetic. He scored a set of injectors for me along with a complete conversion to eliminate the MAF sensor. Car already had a speed density conversion. I think my mileage issues are fixed- The O2 sensor got it back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Top Olds View Post
                  oh yeah also got some help from Turbokinetic. He scored a set of injectors for me along with a complete conversion to eliminate the MAF sensor. Car already had a speed density conversion. I think my mileage issues are fixed- The O2 sensor got it back on track.
                  Glad your car is running well! Hope you can eventually get that A/C fixed up!

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

I dont know what your talking about however would it be wise for me to do the same in the future?

Comment

i have a 1989 eurosport automatic...

Comment

The speed density conversion on my car was done prior to me owning it. However, the old MAF was still there. David explained that I could replace the air intake hose and air cleaner housing with the appropriate pieces and wire in the air charge temperature sensor to my existing wiring harness. With his guidance I was able to complete it.

Comment

A minor update, found a factory trunk light with wiring harness and the factory remote trunk release with wiring harness some months ago. Just got around to installing these bits on the car. The trunk button is not in the glove box, as typical on other A bodies. All parts now installed and function properly.

Last salvage haul was an auxiliary fan set up. I guess that will be the next item on the upgrade agenda.

Celebritys are hard to find around here. There are quite a high number of Century and Cieras though.

Comment

Hey glad you got the trunk release working!

I have installed them on the Ciera and Century, where it's pretty easy to install the button in the glovebox area. Where does the Celeb have the button?

A minor update, found a factory trunk light with wiring harness and the factory remote trunk release with wiring harness some months ago. Just got around to installing these bits on the car. The trunk button is not in the glove box, as typical on other A bodies. All parts now installed and function properly.

Last salvage haul was an auxiliary fan set up. I guess that will be the next item on the upgrade agenda.

Celebritys are hard to find around here. There are quite a high number of Century and Cieras though.

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

David, its on the dash panel under the steering column towards the drivers door. I'll snap a picture and post it when I can. I'm looking at a trip to the Rio Grande Valley tomorrow.

Comment

David, its on the dash panel under the steering column towards the drivers door. I'll snap a picture and post it when I can. I'm looking at a trip to the Rio Grande Valley tomorrow.
                                Cool, going to do some yarding on that trip?

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X