Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Acquisition 88 Celebrity Eurosport 5 Speed Manual (lots of photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The transformation is amazing. Saw the pics on FB too and I'll say the same thing here: I really like those Cav alloys as they remind me of an updated 16" version of the 84-86 Eurosport alloy.
    So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
    • 1988 Century Limited
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
    • 1985 Celebrity sedan
    • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by a1veedubber View Post
      The transformation is amazing. I really like those Cav alloys as they remind me of an updated 16" version of the 84-86 Eurosport alloy.
      +1
      Jerry

Comment

+2 And they don't look ghetto like some I've seen. They look factory!

Ken T.

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments on the wheels. I searched for a while before I decided on these. I really like the look too and the tire size is nearly an exact match to the original equipment size.
          1959 Chevrolet Apache 31 235 I-6 SM420
          1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Conv 350-4 V8 THM350
          1988 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport 2.8 V-6 Getrag 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Top Olds View Post
            Thanks for the positive comments on the wheels. I searched for a while before I decided on these. I really like the look too and the tire size is nearly an exact match to the original equipment size.
            The really nice things about those particular wheels to me is they pick up the hard edges of the classic Celebrity body style. They're consistent, very 80's looking, and they look like a factory upgrade...in other words, they look like they belong on that car.

Ken T.

Comment

Thanks Ken, if I ever make it over to your area I'll let you know. We can drag out our A cars and have some fun.

Comment

Thanks Ken, if I ever make it over to your area I'll let you know. We can drag out our A cars and have some fun.
                If I am ever in the hill country, I've just got to hear that 235 of yours roar to life. Dad had a '61 Apache 10 with the 235 with a Borg Warner 3 spd. It was.....legendary. Pulled anything, and it was a TOUGH truck. Of course back in the '70's a '61 Chev wasn't quite classic yet, so it wasn't treated as such! I was just a kid, but I loved that truck. The sound of the air slurping through that Rodchester BV carb and the oil bath air cleaner. We hauled 6 or 8 railroad ties in it once, ballooned the tires...just put 50 psi in them, and drive 30 miles back the house. Or the time we climbed out of a sand pit with the bed overfilled with bank sand. After the drag line operator* dumped his bucket of bank sand on that old Chevy, he shook his head and said, "you'll never get out of here." We did. Legend.

Ken T.

* Dad said that he had to give him a 6 pack to do this.

Comment

Great story Ken.
                  This truck belonged to my wife's Grandfather. Father-in-law remembers loading up hay bales in the field with it in first and the throttle cable pulled on the dash, adjusted to walking speed. They knew it was time to go to the barn when the front wheels came off the ground. It was loaded "about right".

Comment

Great story Ken.
                    This truck belonged to my wife's Grandfather. Father-in-law remembers loading up hay bales in the field with it in first and the throttle cable pulled on the dash, adjusted to walking speed. They knew it was time to go to the barn when the front wheels came off the ground. It was loaded "about right".
                    Yep, there was a pull knob with a "T" on it. I remember it well!

Ken T.

Comment

Looking awesome! Wow, what a well-kept and rare Celebrity.
                      1986 Celebrity Classic 2.8 (First car - sold)
                      2013 Acura ILX
                      1994 Acura Legend (x 2)
                      1992 Acura NSX
                      drivetofive.wordpress.com

Comment

Should you ever decide to sell...

Comment

Originally posted by Triple View Post
                          Should you ever decide to sell...
                          There are a lot of people ahead of you, including myself.
                          Jay

Comment

Gosh, Thanks for the positive comments.

I'm still really enjoying this car. <3

Comment

Dude that is awesome! Beautiful ride! Congrats on the great resto job!

Comment

Thanks so much! I am enjoying it everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X