1988 cruiser lighted vanity mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 cruiser lighted vanity mirror

I pulled a nice lighted mirror from an 89 cierra and when i removed mine i found no existing wire to plug into. I would have thought that a woody wagon would have come prewired. I felt around, maybe someone knows where they tucked it. In abscense of that would you just get on the cig lighter circuit and run one up. I already added more charge ports off the lighter and won't be blazing up. Trying a new image host.

Last edited by Pontiac6ksteawd; 06-11-2019, 02:05 PM. Reason: Cleaned it up for you

Grab the text block that says make it a clickable thumbnail. That's what I do. I like imagevenue, it is low bandwidth, no scripts, no BS. Runs on my old slow computer.

If the car doesn't have the lighted mirror from the factory, it's likely not prewired for it. Not that I've seen anyway.

I installed the lighted mirror on my old 6000 wagon without pulling the headliner. The dome light wires run up the drivers side a-pillar (along the windshield). Just pop the trim off and tie into that (same colors), tuck the wires under the headliner. Or you could pop out the dome light and tie it in there. I think you need to add a ground screw, but that's easy enough. If you do it at the dome light, you could just put a ring terminal for ground under one of the grounding/mounting posts for the dome light. I think orange is constant power, white is on with door open or dome light switch on, and if there's a black then it's ground.
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, summer daily driver
    1989 Cutlass Cruiser wagon, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, special summer ride
    1996 Cherokee XJ 4 door, 4.0, 5 speed, winter daily driver & towing vehicle
    1991 Tracker 2 door, 1.6, 5 speed, needs work
    Previously several Celebritys, 6000s, & 2 U-vans

Comment

Originally posted by tlc1976 View Post
      If the car doesn't have the lighted mirror from the factory, it's likely not prewired for it. Not that I've seen anyway.
      This has been my finding as well, even in the the '91 -'92 Buick, where it seems it would have been quite common. Our Plain Jane '92 Century didn't have any vanity mirrors (not even unlighted) on either side. Only found partial wiring for the power trunk release and a partial harness for the rear window defogger.
      Jerry

Comment

Thanks for the reply?s. I think it might ground through the attachment screws to metal. Might be easier to get on the lighter since I mounted the dual 12v outlets kinda under the left of glove box. If I fish one over and up the trim on that side I will be there. I will heat it up first and ground the metal part and be sure that takes care of it. Picked up a 7cfm yellow jacket vacuum pump today for 125.00 so hopefully getting some AC this this month in the cruiser. Thanks David

Comment

Originally posted by papawhellie View Post
          Picked up a 7cfm yellow jacket vacuum pump today for 125.00 so hopefully getting some AC this this month in the cruiser. Thanks David
          That's a big sucker!
          Jerry

Comment

I cleaned it up for you, and made it clickable thumbnails.
            Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
            More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
            01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Comment

Working...
            X