Forum Makeover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Makeover?

Interesting update to the forum. The main pages seem a bit more cluttered, but alot more atractive then they were befor. Its a nice update.

What else might be going on?
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Personally I don't like it, but it may be as simple as getting used to it. The thing I don't like, is that separators between topics in the topics list, are almost invisible.

Apart from that... no objections.
    Old like good wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuddi View Post
      Personally I don't like it, but it may be as simple as getting used to it. The thing I don't like, is that separators between topics in the topics list, are almost invisible.

Apart from that... no objections.

yea, thats why I said it felt a bit more cluttered. But its still an ok upgrade..
      Brian - Carpe Diem

More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history

Comment

yea i thought it was too busy also.
        "Pontiac, Of Course"
        1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1T
        1998 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T
        1999 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon
        1991 Audi 200 Auto
        1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

I hated the previous style when we first got it, and then i grew to like it OK. Im not feeling this too much, there needs to be more contrast in colors and stuff. Everything is too white. Its hard on the eyes sorta and difficult to keep up with stuff, even though the layout is basically the same. Think its possible to give users choices in forum color themes like other forums do? That would fix it I think. A dark theme would be GREAT for me.
          1989 Celebrity 2.8l v6 115,000 miles
          Cold Air Intake-----------------------Trans-am Spoiler
          Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler------225/50/R16 Hankook's
          Custom Dual Exhaust Setup---Alpine CDA-D855
          MA-Audio 12" Sub------------------Soundstorm Amp
          --------Custom "firm/lowered" suspension---------

Comment

I like it, but I don't spend enough time looking at computer screens to be able to tell what colors hurt my eyes and what colors don't.
            -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
            '86 Eurosport sedan
            '88 Eurosport VR coupe
            '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

It was a makeover born mostly out of necessity. The previous style differed so much from the standard vbulletin skin that we were unable to take advantage of some software upgrades because the templates would need to be substantially redesigned to accommodate them. It's hard to explain, but the short end of it is that doing this will make it much easier to upgrade the forum in the future.

I tried to make it look like the previous style as much as I could.
              - Joe

Comment

to be quite honest i dont like it has too much of a "basic" feel too it, give it some shading
                this looks good try this template

Comment

Damn, Tech is still here, I hate this update then j/k BUT I do agree with him this one time, there needs to be an extreme change in contrast!
                  -John

"Do you got a V8 in that Cutlass or something" -Some drunk hoosier barbecuing at a park

Comment

Shading would be VERY nice!!
                    Brian - Carpe Diem

Comment

Please, no dark spaces. No '80's looking forums with black background and stars swimming around.... just keep it as it is. The separating lines between the topics HAVE been fixed, and it is PERFECT now.

Scientific results show, that black text on white background is the easiest on the eyes. white text on black background will strain the eyes more.

It's perfect as it is now. No more changes needed. Thank you Cutlass!
                      Old like good wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuddi View Post
                        Please, no dark spaces. No '80's looking forums with black background and stars swimming around.... just keep it as it is. The separating lines between the topics HAVE been fixed, and it is PERFECT now.

Scientific results show, that black text on white background is the easiest on the eyes. white text on black background will strain the eyes more.

It's perfect as it is now. No more changes needed. Thank you Cutlass!

That might be true, but I have a birth defect in my eyes, that makes what backgrounds almost blinding to me.. (no joke, for real).. I use black backgrounds, or dark colored backgrounds on all forums, and desktops just because of it.
                        Brian - Carpe Diem

Comment

For that I support a user defined forums skin database.
                          Old like good wine...

Comment

i like it. i think it looks a bit more organized, maybe its just me lol

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

To me it is the content that matters, whatever the forum software looks like is kind of irrelevant. As long as it is readable I'm OK with it. One vote for "neutrality" I guess.

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X