what happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happened?

am i just nuts or did stuff dissapear off of this site? all the threads seem to have ended on the 28th, and im pretty sure there was more after that. what happened while the forum was down, i couldnt get on yesterday
    Last edited by RIPBARNBURNER; 10-01-2009, 12:31 PM.

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

I'm thinking maybe it crashed & was last backed up on the 28th?? I know some of my posts since then are gone!
    So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
    • 1988 Century Limited
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
    • 1985 Celebrity sedan
    • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Comment

ahh. must be. well that sucks. i couldnt get on yesterday, thinkin "now what am i gonna do" LOL

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

Same here. The site was working in the morning, although seemed to be down all last night.
        So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
        • 1988 Century Limited
        • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
        • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
        • 1985 Celebrity sedan
        • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Comment

it was out during the afternoon, too. i couldnt get on. i dunno. its back now

Comment

I'm about 99.9% sure Matt is right. I kept trying to get on the forum periodically and at one point got a message from the host (vBulletin) that had something to do with the server.

I'm just glad that it backed itself up on the 28th... otherwise, yikes

Comment

Yes, there was an issue on the hosting company's end. Apparently the server crapped out and had to be restored from backup. It wasn't a vbulletin issue or anything we did wrong.
              - Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Cutlass View Post
                Yes, there was an issue on the hosting company's end. Apparently the server crapped out and had to be restored from backup. It wasn't a vbulletin issue or anything we did wrong.
                thanks for the info., glad the site is alright

Comment

Somebody set up us the bomb.
                  Daniel
                  Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
                  Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
                  Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

Working...
                  X