Regarding the recent influx of spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dang, seems we've gotten nailed with spam lately!

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Yeah, they've found a way to get past the registration captcha apparently (if there is one, I think there was). Hopefully there won't be a hostile takeover of the entire forum, but I'm sure Joe and Brian will figure it out.

Comment

This will be about the 8th one I have been here though it seems. Maybe 3rd.
      1989 Formula 350, 2002 Bonneville SE
      DON
      "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Comment

Heard an admin on another forum complaining about the spam attacks there too. Sounds like they are attacking all over the place now.
        Racing 4 Nickels

Comment

As everyone is aware, we've been getting a fair amount of spam over the last week or so. Usually this isn't that big of a deal, since our moderator and admin generally take care of it in a timely manner. Real life sometimes gets in the way, as it did with Pontiac6ksteawd. I know Cutlass has said this place doesn't have enough activity to warrant more than one active moderator (I haven't seen eurosport84 in a long time, and his member page says he hasn't logged in in more than three months), but I think we need another mod who is available during the day to take care of this garbage.
          Daniel
          Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
          Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
          Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

I concur;
            "All art is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."
            -N.S.K. Neuer Slowenian Kunst
            proud former owner of 83 Ciera Brougham Coupe (may her new owners repair her and get her on the road as she deserves to be!)
            Pics of MAxine here! 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Coupe

Comment

FUN. well kudos to the staff around here, anyway, for dointhe best they can on this issue

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

im on the computer at work most of the day, so i'm more than happy to help, even if it would just be a temporary thing.

Comment

I see 3 more likley spammers registering right now

Comment

I will see if I can monitor from work. But that means asking special permission from the web admin for access. If he allows it, I will watch as much as I can.

BarnBurner, send a PM over to Cutlass and see if he has the registration software on. Thats the only thing I can think of.
                    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
                    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
                    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Comment

will do.

Comment

I just banned 1 more..

I see 3 more that are "questionable"

71Fynbar
                        msnweather
                        blonse

But I have the....

And I aint skeered to use it!
                        Brian - Carpe Diem

More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history

Comment

Glad to hear you're getting things under control, thanks Brian. Oh and I'd tend to say msnweather is also a spammer, just because of all of the recent influx of spammers and the fact that usually when someone's new they'll post a legitimate question or explination about their car.

Comment

DURN SKIPPY! i dont trust any of them. ya gotta watch the wording of their posts, like' i am looking forward to for sharing infos.' lol

Comment

I actually had someone report the post by Turbokinetic about the mexican water as spam. But I saw that it wasnt..
                              Brian - Carpe Diem

Comment

Working...
                              X