for sale forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for sale forum

Not to sound like a selfish jerk, which this question will sound like regardless of how nice I am, but:

Would it be possible to create a separate forum, for non-member sales (such as ebay auctions, etc), and make the For sale forum a sale-by-members-only board? When something, such as an ebay auction or a CL ad, is posted in that forum, and the person selling the item isn't a member here, it makes things more difficult for us members to sell (threads get pushed down, etc).
    2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Indy

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.0V8

Makes sense to me. I see what you're saying. And I think your idea is a good one.

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

I like that idea as well.
      So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
      • 1988 Century Limited
      • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
      • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
      • 1985 Celebrity sedan
      • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Comment

i also think that would be good
        Garage:
        '86 Chevy Camaro Z/28 IROC-Z
        '86 Buick Century Gran Sport
        '10 Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V
        '94 Nissan Sentra XE
        '00 GMC Seirra 1500
        '17 Mazda 3 2.5
        '88 Buick Century, LG5 3.1 Turbo Swapped (R.I.P.)

Comment

Agreed. I'm guilty of posting one such craigslist ad. I think the ebay/CR ads have their place so as to keep A-bodies that other people may want away from the scrapper, but yeah, they do mess with board member's posts.
          Past A-Bodies: 1989 Chevrolet Celebrity w/ Iron Duke, base model.
          Current A-Body: 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser 2.8L

Comment

I've shared a few "found" a-bodies, mostly overpriced ones for the laughs, but I agree with this.
            Oldsmobile Quality. Feel It.

Comment

bump as its getting bad again :|

Comment

I duno, it wouldn't hurt, but I don't think its necessary either. If you look at the for sale section, the bottom post on the first page is over a month old. If your personal thread hasn't had a post in over a month why not just bump it. If there were two sections wouldn't most of us watch them both?
                http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthr...tury-P-47-quot
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3995714

Comment

If we're just posting links to CL and ebay listings, I think a sticky thread would be sufficient.

Are people posting the links predominantly in the For Sale forums, or somewhere else?
                  - Joe

Comment

Yes half or more of the threads in the For Sale forum is Craigs and Ebay finds.
                    http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthr...tury-P-47-quot
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3995714

Comment

How about we just start posting them in A-Body general discussion?

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

Cutlass, the sticky idea could work, but seeing the same sticky topic under the last post in the board index may deter people from opeining the board itself to see what members are selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonglebeak View Post
                          Cutlass, the sticky idea could work, but seeing the same sticky topic under the last post in the board index may deter people from opeining the board itself to see what members are selling.
                          I agree, I think a separate Craigs/EBay "For Sale" section would solve this.
                          What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Comment

I'm in favor of the sticky thread idea for unique a-body parts (plus X-body, dust buster van) from members + a sticky thread for CARS ONLY found on ebay / craigs list.

George

Comment

So I see there's a sticky thread, but nobody's using it. lol knew it.

Comment

Working...
                              X