Spam attack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam attack?

What is with these "quasi-on-topic" spammers lately?

Do you think it is one person, or a multitude of people? It is so irritating.

David

Look me up on Facebook

Those are my favorite kind. It's so obvious that they're spammers, it's hilarious. Even if their signatures weren't filled with links to websites trying to sell you useless garbage, the way the posts are worded gives them away. They're all English words, but the way they're put together doesn't make any sense.
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

Nice post. thank you for nice post ,I like you style ,I will focus on your published from now on,
      Grad to see you forum again,

The Engrish above is classic. I to will Ford Focus on annoyed these posts being.
      So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
      • 1988 Century Limited
      • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
      • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
      • 1985 Celebrity sedan
      • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by a1veedubber View Post
        Nice post. thank you for nice post ,I like you style ,I will focus on your published from now on,
        Grad to see you forum again,

The Engrish above is classic. I to will Ford Focus on annoyed these posts being.
        Reported for spam.
        Daniel
        Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
        Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
        Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

• 1988 Century Limited
          • 1985 Celebrity sedan

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Comment

In addition to the gibberish posts, there's another spambot that does a cut and paste on a prior post with the spam link in their signature. It seems legit at first glance.
            Oldsmobile Quality. Feel It.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke George V View Post
              Reported for spam.
              Haha, that right there is funny
              -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
              '86 Eurosport sedan
              '88 Eurosport VR coupe
              '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

The spam has been increasing as of late... Been trying to stay on top of it.. it aint easy. The last one, spammed again, and got banned, IP and all. Since it has quieted down a bit..
                Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
                More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
                01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Comment

Pontiac6ksteawd,

Do you plan on removing the entire posts by these spammers? I see where you have edited their posts.

Joe

Comment

As I can.. And as the violations occur. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt once. Maybe they own a website, and are just trying to promote themselves. So the first one goes in, they get warned. If they repeat themselves.. well.. My BAN STICK has a mightly long reach..

Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
                    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
                    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Comment

A junkyarding forum I frequent got hit over the weekend. 54 new accounts. FORTY FIVE THOUSAND spam posts. That is a 45 with 3 zeroes after it. The admin asked me if I could help. Because it takes about 6 seconds for the page to reload after each one is deleted. That means it would take 75 straight hours to clear it out. I'm hoping I can just delete the users and all their posts in one shot. That's 54 clicks, almost 4 minutes.
                      Alan Moore - Lawton, OK
                      RIP Cobalt February 2020
                      08 Uplander LS van, maroon, 259K and counting

Comment

Junkyarding forum?? Junkyarding forum?? Ive been yarding since 1993, tell me more!!
                        • 1988 Century Limited
                        • 1985 Celebrity sedan

Comment

Originally posted by a1veedubber View Post
                          Junkyarding forum?? Junkyarding forum?? Ive been yarding since 1993, tell me more!!
                          Yes. Yes indeed! INFORMATION PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

Wait, what? Junkyarding forum? Info is a must
                            -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
                            '86 Eurosport sedan
                            '88 Eurosport VR coupe
                            '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

Note the six forums with thousands of posts. Note the rest with a handful.

http://junkyarding.freeforums.org/index.php
                              Alan Moore - Lawton, OK
                              RIP Cobalt February 2020
                              08 Uplander LS van, maroon, 259K and counting

Comment

Working...
                              X