Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to upload pictures to include in a post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to upload pictures to include in a post.

How does one upload and include a picture that you have on your Hard Drive to your post ?

I see that people do it but I have yet to figure it out. Do you have to post the picture first to a 3rd party site? If so, what site is recommended since I have never done it before.
    1993 Olds Ciera S, 3300 - 110K - Sapphire blue leather interior

98 Chevy Venture 3.4L 196K

I'm fortunate enough to have an always-on computer with static IP so I can merely copy them to the share folder and they are available. If you don't have static IP, use Photobucket for your post pictures. The site has instructions on how to upload from your hard drive.

Basically, you create a login for Photobucket; then create an album for your pictures. There's an option to upload photos and videos. Click that and it's pretty self-explanatory.

Once the pictures are avaiable on Photobucket, you will see a preview with some options at the bottom. The lowest option is "IMG code." Click that and you will see "copied" message.

Tab back over to your forum post (this site) and click in the text editor box.

Press "Ctrl V" and a line of text similar to this will appear:

[ IMG]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo192/turbokinetic/relay.jpg[/IMG]

Click "go advanced" or "preview post" and the forum will show the picture.

The above code displays this:

Another example is this:
    [ img]http://68.209.87.173/87_Century/Restoration/87_Cent_eng2.jpg[/img]

This causes the following picture to appear.

Notice that to make the code appear, not the actual picture, I included a space in the IMG tag so that it is not active.

Hope this helps you! Love to see plenty of pictures!
    Sincerely,
    David

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

It is expensive to host many gigs of pictures so this site doesn't actually host them on it's server. Sites like Photobucket sell ads that you see while uploading and working with your pictures. It keeps this site's level of ads to a minimum for those of us reading the posts here.

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

I think I am getting it

Test for picture upload - - it worked! Here is my 93 Ciera.

1993 Olds Ciera S, 3300 - 110K - Sapphire blue leather interior

98 Chevy Venture 3.4L 196K

Comment

It works here! Car is clean, too!

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X