Database table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database table

It's seems the "What's New," "New Posts," and "User CP" have issues, as in they generally don't show new activity.

I second this some post show no replies when they have a few and others do not get bumped when new replies are made
    1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham 2.8
    1993 Chevrolet Carprice Classic LS 5.0L 350
    1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3L 4 speed Auto with Console Shifter (The Grey Grisley) RIP
    1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass SL 3.1L 4 Speed (Gave away I am sure it wishes it could die)
    1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate
    1995 Buick Century Wagon Rest In Pieces
    1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3L 4 speed Automatic (The Silver Bullet) Rust in Pieces

Comment

I'm seeing all kinda of crap here. Everytime I click 'post quick reply' I get this:

The 'save' button for the post editor does not work unless you 'go advanced'

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

Something wrong with this site now I get something simmilar in IE 9
        1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham 2.8
        1993 Chevrolet Carprice Classic LS 5.0L 350
        1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3L 4 speed Auto with Console Shifter (The Grey Grisley) RIP
        1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass SL 3.1L 4 Speed (Gave away I am sure it wishes it could die)
        1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate
        1995 Buick Century Wagon Rest In Pieces
        1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3L 4 speed Automatic (The Silver Bullet) Rust in Pieces

Comment

Yes, if you look at the forum page for this "News & Site Feedback" section, it says this thread has 0 replies. But obviously it has many.

I am also getting the "you can't post more than once every 15 seconds" every time I post. And I swear I'm clicking once to post.
          Alan Moore - Lawton, OK
          RIP Cobalt February 2020
          08 Uplander LS van, maroon, 259K and counting

Comment

The actual text is
            "Errors
            The following errors occurred with your submission
            This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 15 seconds."

But I only clicked once. And it brings me back to the Reply to Thread page.
            Alan Moore - Lawton, OK
            RIP Cobalt February 2020

Comment

I am aware of the issues and I am working on fixing them. This site is entirely funded and operated by myself, and sometimes it is hard to find the solutions quickly. Switching servers like we did is a substantial undertaking that almost never goes as smoothly as planned.

That said, I have fixed the "What's new" and "Today's Posts" search errors. If any other issues arise with that, let me know. I have not been able to reproduce the quick reply and reply time limit errors that some of you are experiencing. Since we are on a new server, I suggest everyone manually delete any cookies left by this site and then re-login. It can also be an intermittent memory issue with the new server, and I am considering paying to increase the memory allocated to our server.

The number of replies that the system lists for each thread may be inaccurate temporarily because of a change made in how the database is updated. I forget the time, but it may take an hour to update.
              - Joe

Comment

Thanks for maintaining this site. I work IT, and I know it take time and effort ( as well as money).

Ken T.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutlass View Post
                  I am aware of the issues and I am working on fixing them. This site is entirely funded and operated by myself, and sometimes it is hard to find the solutions quickly. Switching servers like we did is a substantial undertaking that almost never goes as smoothly as planned.

That said, I have fixed the "What's new" and "Today's Posts" search errors. If any other issues arise with that, let me know. I have not been able to reproduce the quick reply and reply time limit errors that some of you are experiencing. Since we are on a new server, I suggest everyone manually delete any cookies left by this site and then re-login. It can also be an intermittent memory issue with the new server, and I am considering paying to increase the memory allocated to our server.

The number of replies that the system lists for each thread may be inaccurate temporarily because of a change made in how the database is updated. I forget the time, but it may take an hour to update.
                  Totally understand. I'm learning forum admin basics myself at coltvista.com and I'll be applying everything I learn when I launch minivanboard.com

It's much easier to do stuff at the beginning than to change it later. I'm not looking forward to growing pains when I reach certain limits with the shared server thing. I hope Hostgator is good at moving things around when it comes time to go dedicated!
                  Alan Moore - Lawton, OK
                  RIP Cobalt February 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Cutlass View Post

Thanks very much, Cutlass Joe! Really appreciate all the work you do on his site for us. If I knew anything about that kind of stuff, I would be the first to offer my help. But, alas, I know only storms, cars, and sports LOL

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Comment

I made some memory tweaks and fixes about a week and a half ago. Has anyone experienced any issues lately?
                      - Joe

Comment

It's running awesomely for me. "New Posts" search works fine and I'm not getting double post errors anymore.
                        Alan Moore - Lawton, OK
                        RIP Cobalt February 2020

Comment

I am having no problems, Joe! Thanks

Comment

Great! I'll get to work on a new site design.
                            - Joe

Comment

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but I'm still experiencing problems. I use Google Chrome, if that means anything. I'm still seeing updated threads not get moved to the top of the page & posting is sometimes done double.
                              What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Comment

Working...
                              X