following errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

following errors

I use a satellite ISP, which has about 700ms latency, but this message has come up in previous three posts, even though its the first post I'm making. Actual post has been made, and if I click again, it will be a double post.

The following errors occurred with your submission

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 13 seconds.

Hmm, haven't been able to replicate double post issues. May have been a glitch in javascript where the post was made, but you weren't redirected to it.

I know double posts are happening, but I'm still trying to figure out what's going on and it's hard because it's not happening to me.
    - Joe

Comment

But you know what, let me ask this (and anyone else who is experiencing the issue can chime in):

What browser are you using?
      Does the browser have an ad blocker or script blocker installed?
      Are you using the Quick Reply box? Or the Advanced reply box that opens a new screen?
      Are you using the basic message interface (with formatting toolbar) or the WYSIWYG interface?
      - Joe

Comment

Waterfox ...Advanced reply box mostly.

Comment

Agreed, I have the same issue, SOME DAYS, but not all. I'll go to reply and it'll say you have to wait, and I'll scroll down and see my post just fine, but for some reason it was trying to double post. I use Firefox more than Chrome these days, but it has happened in both browsers. I don't have any ad-blocking software running. Just MS Security Essentials. Some days I turn on ZoneAlarm, most of the time I don't have it running. Windows 7, Time Warner/Roadrunner, and mine happens from the Quick Reply box, I don't hardly ever use Advanced unless I am editing a post like I am now.
          Alan Moore - Lawton, OK
          RIP Cobalt February 2020
          08 Uplander LS van, maroon, 259K and counting

Comment

Ok, I've disabled some javascript that I think may be problematic. We'll see how things go.
            - Joe

Comment

Working...
            X