Poor response time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor response time.

Every once in awhile when posting, or opening a different page here it times-out.

In addition, fairly often the speed can be quite poor. Now before you say it's just local traffic to me, its not an issue with any other site and I'm connected with Comcast (pretty decent actually)

Not the biggest deal in the world, but when you just finished typing a long post and I get page cannot be displayed it kind of sucks a bit.

i have thie issues sometime but it not bad at all i can live with it.

Originally posted by LordDurock
    most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
    82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
    00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Happens here too. Using Bellsouth DSL. If I have typed a long post I usually right-click my message, "select all" and then "copy." This way if the page does not load I can open a new message and "paste" my text back into the form.

Look me up on Facebook

Comment

Ironic: I had to hit refresh twice to see this thread. I don't think it's the board software, since this type of thing used to happen on the Simple Machines too. Server not serving properly?
        Daniel
        Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
        Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
        Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

Just wondering: does cutlass still come around here? :\
          2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Indy

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.0V8

Comment

Originally posted by Tonglebeak View Post
            Just wondering: does cutlass still come around here? :\
            Yes, I'm on here just about every day.

It's common for servers to experience increased traffic or technical glitches, causing them to slow down or be reset. I haven't seen too many issues here, but these things do happen. When our server goes down, it's outside of my control but maintenence is usually on it fairly quickly.

Server status can be checked on this site. We're on the Saul server.

http://status.asmallorange.com/
            - Joe

Comment

Working...
            X