No announcement yet.

LED sequential tail light mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, I've been looking over the pictures and although the idea initially seemed neat, I'm not entirely sure I like the white LED strips on the headlights. I always liked the Audi Angel Eyes, but it just doesn't look quite right. Anyways, I'm too torn right now between keeping them or ditching them, they cost 17 bucks so worst case senario they go, or if the sticky backing will peel off I can use them somewhere else or let Luke have them for whatever.

I'd like some second (and third and fourth) opinions though, and since there's with and without pictures on I'd appreciate any extra opinions. Honestly I'm on the fence.

Oh I also wanted to mention that the lisence plate light is white, not blue like it appears to be in the picture... I try my best not to tick the cops off anymore than the rest of the lighting probably already does lol.

Comment

Cool headlights! What are those from anyway?
      Oldsmobile Quality. Feel It.

Comment

BMW M3 lights, i don't remember which ones, but pretty sure one certain generation had very similar shape to our cars' headlights. on subject of led strip, i say take it off. the angel eyes look great and the strips just....looks odd when squared against the car itself...since you already have a rectangle of lights beneath the heads, you dont need more rectangles of light (the led eyebrows)
        "All art is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."
        -N.S.K. Neuer Slowenian Kunst
        proud former owner of 83 Ciera Brougham Coupe (may her new owners repair her and get her on the road as she deserves to be!)
        Pics of MAxine here! 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Coupe

Comment

Alrighty thanks for the confirmation Camo, that's definately what I'll be doing Yesterday I was having my doubts and when Luke called them "old man eyebrows" and "eyelashes" it pretty much put the nail in the coffin but I'm glad you agree to take them off.

And for Mech, thanks! They're BMW e36 headlights, dual glass lenses with CCFL halos. The ones that are the closest fit were 92-96 I believe, they're not a direct fit though. We chopped up the aftermarket header panel I got that didn't fit to test fit the headlights then chopped up the JY header panel to put them in. I had a thread about them, but I'm not sure what happened to it. Ironically enough I saw it the other day by chance, so I know it's around here somewhere but when I try to search it up I can't find it anywhere in the results. The nice part is that they're projector lenses too so I was able to put an HID kit on it too (the closest to pure white I could find without a yellow tint). No offence to anyone who has them or plans on installing them in stock headlights, but I just don't quite like the way they look in headlights that don't have projectors.

Thanks again guys, maybe I'll use the strips for under the hood or in the trunk, since both are currently non-existant.

Comment

any chance this can be done on a celebrity

Comment

I'm not very familiar with celebrity tail lights, I know on 6000's they have orange in the lenses.... for 6000's you'd probably need to add amber luxeons, but if Celebs are all red you can do it by just changing the position of the LED's. Glad to see you joined btw

Comment

I would say its possible on celebrity.. Well i have an 85 and you just mainly have to swap out the middle 194 running light for a 1157 which would require modification. To bulb fitting.. I always said if i ever got a 90s buick century i wanted to make that have sequential turns. Theres like 30 tail lights on those things

Comment

old celebrity style. 3 top red lights on each side.. Newer ones are different

Comment

Sequential with LEDs would be interesting...

Ken T.

Comment

I was thinking about moving the licence plate to the bumper and adding 2 tail lights somehow and make it have 4 bulbs each way

Comment

Originally posted by cody1234 View Post
                        I was thinking about moving the licence plate to the bumper and adding 2 tail lights somehow and make it have 4 bulbs each way
                        I'm sorry, but the only thing I can picture when someone says "add 2 tail lights" is the good old Griswold station wagon.

They added 2 tail lights,... and doubled the headlights, and doubled the turn signals up front too. Classic!

I'm sure your Celeb would look cool though

Comment

I honestly wondered if that wagon was real. Like a production car. But it would be cool i rhink to have all them headlights. Probably drain the battery having 8 high beams and 45 running lights though. Burn up alternator. Just converting the low beams from 2a1 to 2e1 making the high beam brighter. Just about burned up the low-high clicker on my buddys car. The old floor clicker. I think that moisture played a bigger role in that malfunction

Comment

Working...
                          X