Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 Buick Century Custom Coupe Project

Hey there A-body's guys!

I own a somewhat rare 89 Buick Century Custom Coupe equiped with the big one 3300 engine now at 213 xxx Kilometers yeah kilometers cauz' im in Quebec!

I got some projects for this big one! First of all:

Installing my Megasquirt
    Custom Twin turbo Setup
    Putting a 4T65E-HD transmisson
    And if I say IF the 3300 fails to support the boost i'll install a Northstar V8 engine

for now that's it
    Some Pics here:

Originally posted by mechanizeddeath
    I mean there's a lot more than can go horribly wrong with car than when your iPod dock stops working due to a solder job so bad that my dog could do better.
    " Since little or nothing is known about the principles involved in magneto reluctance, diagnosing faults can be a problem ... "  & " treat all other problems as if they do not exsist . "

Nice A-body! I love the coupes. 89 is a good year too as you get shoulder belts in back & no gawd-awful in-door front belts! I like the turbines too, they off a T-Type?
    So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
    • 1988 Century Limited
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
    • 1985 Celebrity sedan
    • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by a1veedubber View Post
      Nice A-body! I love the coupes. 89 is a good year too as you get shoulder belts in back & no gawd-awful in-door front belts! I like the turbines too, they off a T-Type?
      no two brand new T3/T4 that might give a good throttle response as the turbines ar not so big
      I mean there's a lot more than can go horribly wrong with car than when your iPod dock stops working due to a solder job so bad that my dog could do better.
      " Since little or nothing is known about the principles involved in magneto reluctance, diagnosing faults can be a problem ... "  & " treat all other problems as if they do not exsist . "

Comment

Nice. Very classy

Comment

.......... so pertty.....i wish my 4 door looked that good

Originally posted by LordDurock
          most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
          82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
          00 VW jetta 2.0
          00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Originally posted by LordDurock View Post
            .......... so pertty.....i wish my 4 door looked that good
            Ok... that's doable... step #1 Remove both rear doors.....

Let me know when you are ready for step #2
            Old like good wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Buick_powa View Post
              no two brand new T3/T4 that might give a good throttle response as the turbines ar not so big
              I think he meant the wheels, which look like they're from a T-Type Century. Good to know you're using the T3/T4 hybrid though, I've heard good things about them.
              Daniel
              Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
              Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
              Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

for the wheel... all I can say is taht they camed with the car when my parent bought it 12 years ago so they are 19 years old...(that make me feel soooooo old here )

Comment

Originally posted by Tuddi View Post
                  Ok... that's doable... step #1 Remove both rear doors.....

Let me know when you are ready for step #2
                  i likew my 4 door it just wish it didnt look like this

Originally posted by LordDurock
                  most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
                  82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
                  00 VW jetta 2.0
                  00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

What did you use for the paint care? Looks nice. WELCOME!
                    1989 Formula 350, 2002 Bonneville SE
                    DON
                    "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Comment

I use Armor all for the soap Did not gived it a wax job at all the paint is 2 years old got some fix to do so i'm waiting to give it a full compound and wax job

Comment

Sweet Century!! I, too, think '89 is the best year - that's the year of my Ciera International coupe. Gotta love the A-body coupes, eh?! (yes, I'm Canadian too, southern Ontario! )

Buick_powa, your Century is pretty much exactly like what I'd be looking for if I ever get into another A-body project - I'd want to make a slightly updated Century GS concept out of it. You've got the right colour to start with!
                        http://www.screech.ws/
                        01 Chev 2500HD (4x4), Vortec 8100, 496ci BBC, 3.73 gears, CCSB
                        98 Chev K2500 (4x4), Vortec 350, 4.10 gearing, ECLB 155.5" WB
                        98 Chev C2500 (2wd), Vortec 350 w/SFI kit, 3.73 gears, ECLB 155.5" WB
                        89 Olds Cutlass Ciera W45 Int'l Coupe
                        76 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham BBC
                        95 Pontiac Trans Sport SE (US Model), 3800HO
                        92 Pontiac Trans Sport GT
                        92 Pontiac Trans Sport SE, S1 3800SC L67 - R.I.P. 2010-09-09

Comment

Beautiful coupe! My Ciera Sedan will soon look that nice, just a little light blue.

Btw, great idea with the twin turbos. I wish I knew the first thing about choosing a turbo.
                          What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaloryan View Post

Btw, great idea with the twin turbos. I wish I knew the first thing about choosing a turbo.
                            you need to know how much CFM you need at WOT so you can choose the turbo for this application.

I opted for T3/T4 for the small exhaust trim that will give good throttle response and an amazing acceleration and as i'm going to use it for drag racing at much time this is important!

as well these turbos will not handle many pound of pressure so might need to replace these with an other set when i wanna boost a little more...

Comment

I guess my application is...3.3L V6. I'd like my turbo to be set up to kick into gear when I'm already going about 45 mph to WOT. At the same time, I'd like it to be used for drag racing. More for highway, less for drag racing.
                              What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Comment

Working...
                              X