New car for my Niece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New car for my Niece

Couldnt pass it up. Here are the specs LMK what you all think its worth.

3100V6
    102k miles
    Power Locks not windows
    VERY LITTLE RUST
    Slight clunk in RF tire area

1989 Formula 350, 2002 Bonneville SE
    DON
    "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

$2k
    What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

Comment

Looks pretty good! What exactly is "a slight clunk"?

My guess is $1500-2000
      Current:
      1989 Chevy Celebrity
      2006 Subaru Impreza (Daily)

Previous:
      2006 Subaru Impreza (Sold)
      2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
      2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)
      2000 Subaru Forester (Sold)
      1994 Toyota Camry (Scrap)

Comment

Not sure yet what the clunk is. It seems to be either the CV joint (boots look ok) or maybe Ball Joint/tie rod. I dont have it home yet, will let you know when it arrives what was wrong.

NOPE (I didnt think I got that great of a deal) I (she) only paid $850...they had it listed for $995!!!
        DON
        "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Comment

Awesome car I have the Buicks version great car sir for her . Read all over this website and it will last for a long time

Comment

Thanks Keiths1976...Ive been a member here for a LONG time. Im very familiar with the Pontiac A-body but have had a Ciera too. I just hope she takes care of it, I live about an hour away from her and wont be able to.
            DON

Comment

Explain oil changes and things to be done and the price is great I want to find a wagon version cause u can make them cool and haul alot also

Comment

Sweet part she has Manuel windows high 5 no crazy motor issues lol I see she is in new York where about? I was a fellow long island boy 11 years ago lol😏

Comment

We are from the Rochester area. Yeah, Ill have to go through the oil change/maintenance thing with her. Sad thing is she will probably either ignore the oil change all together or bring it to a Valvoline type place. We will see. This will be good practice cause she has a sister who will be driving in 2 years then my own daughter 6 years from now.

AFA: Window motors, thats EXACTLY what I was thinking!! Manual windows means ONE LESS GM headache.
                  DON

Comment

I must be the only one but I have about half adozen cars that had manual "armstrong" windows seize and act up and break, but only a couple power Windows ever have an issue. (This is out of about 30 gm cars)
                    Roads.... Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Comment

Why doesnt my post show up in the new post list?????? For me
                      DON

Comment

Did a little cleaning on it last night...pictures are so much of a pain to post here though I probably wont be posting many. Hate going to a different site to upload then copy and paste.
                        DON

Comment

Originally posted by dcjredline View Post
                          Did a little cleaning on it last night...pictures are so much of a pain to post here though I probably wont be posting many. Hate going to a different site to upload then copy and paste.
                          It's a little tedious for sure, but can be done relatively quickly. Try using http://postimage.org/
                          You can upload all the pics you want a once, and then get the URL.
                          Current:
                          1989 Chevy Celebrity
                          2006 Subaru Impreza (Daily)

Previous:
                          2006 Subaru Impreza (Sold)
                          2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
                          2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)
                          2000 Subaru Forester (Sold)
                          1994 Toyota Camry (Scrap)

Comment

Originally posted by PGuru View Post
                            It's a little tedious for sure, but can be done relatively quickly. Try using http://postimage.org/
                            You can upload all the pics you want a once, and then get the URL.
                            THX, is it any easier than photobucket or imageshack??
                            DON

Comment

While it looked great before here are some pics of the car after a polish with Duragloss 501 and Duragloss Enviroshield Ceramic Paint coating. Enjoy

DON

Comment

Working...
                              X