No announcement yet.

Assorted ramblings and bolt-ons with Daniel and George

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel I know your running l67 injectors did you have them tested ? Maybe you have one or two leaking and causing some fuel loss .

Comment

One of the potential causes of a P0171, along with some sort of vacuum leak, is a bad oxygen sensor. I ordered one for $22 from Rock Auto. Even if that doesn't fix it, I have every reason to believe the front O2 sensor is original to the car. Couldn't hurt, right?
      Daniel
      Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
      Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
      Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

Nope not for that price could throw the whole car out of whack mine did when it went bad I saw it on the lap top as it started up and idle . Glad she's getting the bugs out and working them through:-)

Comment

209.3 miles, 10.326 gallons of gasoline. 20.3 miles per gallon. I have been, uh, let's say "indulging myself" with regards to my newfound power. That is an approximate 60/40 highway/city mix, with spirited acceleration. So not terrible, honestly. The new oxygen sensor should help that a bit, as will me not giving it the beans so much.
          Daniel
          Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
          Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

Sir they call that lead foot lol

Comment

Hi.

"New" wheels for George. The GM Legos at play in this car grow ever larger. They are from a 1998 Chevrolet Malibu, with center caps from a 1997 Buick LeSabre. I've had these wheels for something like nine years, and they've been on a couple of cars I've had in the past, including my van. They live, they die, they live again.
              Daniel

Comment

Looks like a very nice combination!
                Jerry

Comment

3/4 second improvement over stock.
                  Daniel

Comment

Pull the spare out and jack at any essential weigh next time you do a run that's pretty good for a wagon for sure

Comment

Keep in mind this was on the full interior. I didn't even clean out any trash. Baby steps. Suspension, tires, transmission, driver skill, weight reduction. All in due time, friends.
                      Daniel

Comment

I know she will rock man

Comment

Daniel

Comment

Awesome plate Daniel !! How's she running

Comment

Same as it ever was. One of the reasons I went with the classic registration is the one year emissions exemption. I've had a persistent P1675 (EVAP malfunction) and P0107 (lean), and no matter what I tried, they won't go away. I was out of time with the registration being up on Monday (two days from now), so I threw myself at the mercy of the DMV. Turns out, I needn't have worried. This gives me time (one year) to sort the issues out.

Also, I wanted classic registration because if all those fart-canned Civics can get one, why can't I?
                              Daniel

Comment

Good news everyone! I partially participated in the Roadkill Zip Ties event. I drove out to Irwindale Speedway in the wagon. It got 27 mpg, which is slightly lower than its EPA rating, but still good. They even took and posted a picture of my lame-o dad wagon on their website! I spoke briefly with Freiburger about my car and he was "impressed" that I did all the research and work myself. Even if he was just blowing smoke up my ass, it's nice to hear.

There was a lot of really cool stuff out there, which I may post about later on. I was the only A-body out there, so I had that going for me. I had to break off and head home after the lunch stop in Blythe though, so I didn't get the full Roadkill experience. Still had a great time.

Then, of course, the fun has to be tempered. The bad news: at some point overnight Friday, someone who doesn't know how to drive hit my other car.

It is normally parked where all the oil stains are, probably at least ten feet away.

Various bits of their lights, and tire marks.

The damage, which is... surprisingly minimal, considering how far the car had been pushed.

I'm not allowed to have nice things, I guess. I could have filed a police report, but they wouldn't investigate it. The police report would be for presenting to my insurance company when I file a claim, but I only carry minimum required insurance because it's a 25-year-old Century. So I instead get to seethe with impotent rage at some random dickhead who can't be bothered to even leave a note saying "sorry I hit your car" or even "why the fuck was your car parked in my way".
                                Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X