No announcement yet.

Dust Buster Race Car...help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a thread that shows this conversion on a Camaro. It looks like a conversion bracket was available from a guy named Ed Miller... Sorry to threadjack Onkeludo:

http://www.z28.com/threads/ls1-brake...hrough.124604/

By the way, a major CONGRATULATIONS!!! to your guys' team winning the Index of Effluence at Lemons. That's freakin' awesome and your guy's pit setup at Gingerman is 2nd-to-none! The Car and Driver articles are awesome too. "1st generation GoPro"
    1985 Chevy Celebrity Sedan (2.8-X, THM125, JA2, F41)
    1954 Chevy 3100 Pickup (235 I-6, SM420)
    1994 Toyota Camry LE Coupe (2.2, A140)

Comment

I will try to cobble everything together the next time I'm at a yard. The two that I go to usually have a decent selection of F-bodies.
      Daniel
      Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 227k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
      Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
      Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. No longer with us.

Comment

So we have a our ghetto-coilover conversion done and the rear springs cut down
        Oil pan is baffled and has three extra ports for a future oil cooler on and electric pump
        Extra set of headlights are installed and once I get them the last relay, we will have all 4 running both high and low beams all the time with each cluster fed by a dedicated 12 AWG feed
        2/3rd's of the van is painted back to white for the new theme
        We THINK all of our charging problems are solved after finding a broken wire between the solenoid and the alternator
        All the race pads are in the calipers and new rotors installed

I am on the hunt for sway bar that can be adapted to the rear. We tried ordering the Adco but it was on infinite "pending" status. I am just going to comb all the FWD minivans and larger sedans in the PnP to see if any of them have something close to what we need but this is low priority.

Priority #1 is a "spirited" test drive to see if our suspension modification helped, hurt or accomplished nothing. We think we are going to need to slap shorter springs on it because with the 550#/inch stock car springs we have almost no sag. The lack of sag is good but the ride height has not drop as much as we desired. Going from 10" to 8.5" springs may be the answer.

Comment

303 mm the disc
          17 wheel

Comment

Comment

303 mm the disc
              17 wheel
              camaro

Comment

Comment

303mm vs 355 mm
                  18 wheel

Comment

Sorry for my English

Comment

Awesome Vit, that's some amazing work there! I can see that you're using Corvette C6(?) and Cadillac CTS-V brake calipers and what looks like an adapter bracket of your own manufacture, very cool! Nice work on the coil-overs as well, I like that you used pillow-ball top mounts. It's hard to beat that spherical bushing!

Comment

Comment

Man 'o man Vit, you're taking the U-body suspension to the next level! Those are beautiful tubular control arms you've got there. Those will definetly take away a few pounds of unsprung weight!

Comment

The transport made it into grassroots motorsport. You guys are now published and famous.
                            Racing 4 Nickels

Comment

All I can say is WOW! Any chances of these really cool parts being reproduced or is it a 1-time type thing?
                              -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
                              '86 Eurosport sedan
                              '88 Eurosport VR coupe
                              '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

We have been famous a while...I mean Wally at least!

Comment

Working...
                                X