Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Century P-47"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Damn I've been gone too long.
    I like this a lot.

    Now get some 215/60/14 BFG tires and some FE3 shocks and springs, and make it handle like a war plane too !
    1993 Century 'RalliSport' Special

    3.3L 3300 LG7 V6 - TH-125C 3 Speed Auto
    Custom Painted Wheels W/ BFG T/A KO's
    3" Lift - U-Van Coils - Monroe GasMatics
    Air Intake Relocation - Silverstar Ultra #9005 for High & Low beam
    KC HiLites 100W Fogs - Custom 600W Quartz-Halogen Rally-x Light Rack
    1000CCA OPTIMA Red Top - GPS / CB / 800W Inverter / Custom 12v Console
    Jensen Head Unit - 2x 12" MTX Jackhammers - 2x 600W 'Dual' Amplifiers

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by DarkFox View Post
      and make it handle like a war plane too !
      Need some "VentiPorts"

      1950s Buick Roadmaster - "The idea for VentiPorts grew out of a modification Buick styling chief Ned Nickles had added to his own 1948 Roadmaster. He had installed four amber lights on each side of his car’s hood wired to the distributor so as to flash on and off as each piston fired simulating the flames from the exhaust stack of a fighter airplane. Combined with the bombsight mascot, VentiPorts put the driver at the controls of an imaginary fighter airplane. Upon seeing this, Buick chief Harlow Curtice was so delighted that he ordered that (non-lighting) VentiPorts be installed on all 1949 Buicks, with the number of VentiPorts (three or four) corresponding to the relative displacement of the straight-eight engine installed."

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by 85_Ciera_Rebuild View Post
        Need some "VentiPorts"

        1950s Buick Roadmaster - "The idea for VentiPorts grew out of a modification Buick styling chief Ned Nickles had added to his own 1948 Roadmaster. He had installed four amber lights on each side of his car’s hood wired to the distributor so as to flash on and off as each piston fired simulating the flames from the exhaust stack of a fighter airplane. Combined with the bombsight mascot, VentiPorts put the driver at the controls of an imaginary fighter airplane. Upon seeing this, Buick chief Harlow Curtice was so delighted that he ordered that (non-lighting) VentiPorts be installed on all 1949 Buicks, with the number of VentiPorts (three or four) corresponding to the relative displacement of the straight-eight engine installed."

        I had considered stick on fender vents. I thought they might to be too gaudy, even for a Century spray painted like bomber, now that I know the history Ventiports might be necessary. AS well as a bomb sight hood ornament.
        http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthr...tury-P-47-quot
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3995714

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by JoshB View Post
          I've gotten more comments at the gas station.
          That's what he said:-) Photo

          Comment


            #20
            I like!
            http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthr...tury-P-47-quot
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3995714

            Comment


              #21
              the hot rod reminds me of the morgan 3 wheeler that they just started making again.



              This was the one they toured around with the most and is a factory paint option.
              Racing 4 Nickels

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by lemons bob View Post
                ...morgan 3 wheeler that they just started making again.
                $45K

                Make one....use a Honda CX-500 Engine and rear drive axle....

                Comment


                  #23
                  The price is too much. If it was half the price it would be a different story. Then again Morgan is a small company and hand build them all, and they always have a waiting list for all of their cars. The reviews I've heard about the car are that they are incredibly fun, and you become the center of attention. Jalopnik did a review where one of their writers borrowed someones, even though he had to fix it cause one of the pedals fell off, he had a ball. He got into exclusive restaurants and placed in the front so he can watch his car. Models posing infront of the car then were giving him their phone numbers to forward pictures. Out of all the test cars he'd ever had that was the only one that made him into a star.

                  That be said can't see why another company cant make one. It does seem more practical than most 3 wheelers. The layout with the 2 wheels in front is far more stable than the one with only 1 wheel in the front. You get to take advantage of motorcycle laws and fees, and it being a 2 seater makes it more convenient that the ones that are setup more like a motorcycle, plus from what I understand all 3 drive more like a car than a motorcyle (can't lean into the turns) so a car setup for the controls make more sense.
                  Racing 4 Nickels

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by lemons bob View Post
                    ...plus from what I understand all 3 drive more like a car than a motorcycle....
                    I would not push the lateral force too hard at speed; I've seen video where they are kicking the ass-end out at lower speeds...she slides.

                    I think it was out in California where they were building home-builts....some years back. Chances are, a Can-Am would be a better choice

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by lemons bob View Post
                      The reviews I've heard about the car are that they are incredibly fun
                      Here might be the new "Bad Boy"

                      555TES Minute S

                      Yamaha’s high-revving 250 cc motorcycle/ATV engines coupled to Toyota’s Aqua hybrid drive system,

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by 85_Ciera_Rebuild View Post
                        Here might be the new "Bad Boy"

                        555TES Minute S

                        Yamaha’s high-revving 250 cc motorcycle/ATV engines coupled to Toyota’s Aqua hybrid drive system,
                        Sad part is that second rear tire will probably mean it won't ever make it to the US. 3 wheels motorcycle. 4 wheels car, and all the safety rules that go with it.
                        Racing 4 Nickels

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by JoshB View Post
                          I like!
                          Smallest Car In The World: The paint work is themed after the P51 Mustang military aircraft

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by lemons bob View Post
                            Sad part is that second rear tire will probably mean it won't ever make it to the US.
                            August 14, 2012

                            On sale in U.S. Now, to order

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by JoshB View Post
                              No other comments? I've gotten more comments at the gas station.
                              I have to say that it looks great, Ive always been a fan of wild paint schemes done on a budget and yours is executed nicely. Always liked the rat look and have these done under my belt

                              I made a car club for these misfits years ago... "The Horror City Commuters"

                              '92 Volvo 240 sedan ('lil grey goose and also known as the VOL ROD because of its plate) wrecked by a carfull of teens in an Audi
                              '94 Honda Accord (terminator time-machine) rear ended before I got started
                              '93 Volkswagen EuroVan MV (Daisy), done up in primer like a vintage van
                              '88 Volvo 240 DL sedan ('lil blue bomber) vol rod replacement same checkerboard roof and red rims/wide whites
                              '94 Dodge Shadow ES 4-door (AMC Hornet S/C tribute) known round my wifes work as 'the 4th of July car'
                              '88 GMC Sierra SLX 1500 (the wooden man) good ol gertie my work truck
                              '91 Mercury Grand Marqius (the marquis de sade) pinstripe suit paint job and batwings (buddies car)
                              '90 Buick Century (Raggedy Anne) my parts car I painted to see how Iit would look
                              '90 Buick Century "T-Type" ( Roxanne ) '80s muscle lol
                              Roads.... Where we're going, we don't need roads.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by 85_Ciera_Rebuild View Post
                                I know the morgan is sold in the US. Saw a handful a couple weeks back at a car show, but that is because it is a 3 wheeler. 3 wheelers are considered motorcycles so far less safety is required making it cheaper and easier to import than anything with 4 or more wheels.
                                Racing 4 Nickels

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X