Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKIP !!! How’s it going man ! Lol give that girl a big hug from me lmao

Comment

Hey Keith, how the heck are you buddy!?! I will give her a great big hug for ya.......LOL. You give your girl a nice rub down too.

Comment

Will do Sir . I have been really good gave my girl a bath not long ago needs another one she’s still holding strong in active duty . I think I would be truly upset if I had to retire her from active duty

Comment

Originally posted by 85_Ciera_Rebuild View Post
          If electrical ignition switch don't cost much, replace it...otherwise, use jumper wires, and drive it. I haven't seen one in years, but they use to be on steering column.

I don't know what relays the ignition switch "fires up," but they too might be related if they are "firing up" ICM, idle air control, MAF, etc. Find diagrams...ignition switch might be good, but there is a defective relay.
          Unfortunately a new one is 45$ so I dunno if I want to try swapping that out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip View Post
            Have you checked the wiring on the MAF Sensor. Wiggle test? Start her up and wiggle wires to connector. Any corrosion inside that connector? My neighbor has a '91 Olds Ciera 3.3 and will not run with aftermarket MAF sensors, don't remember the first one we tried off hand. Put an A/C Delco on it and it ran like a champ. We tried A Delphi AF10124 and the darned thing would back fire and stall, ran like crap. Went thru two of those and no go. Put a A/C Delco on it and it ran great. Was much more expensive but it did the job. Not saying that is your problem, just sharing my experience with that symptom.
            All wiring is good, no corrosion, wiggling while running does nothing. If I can get a cheap used mad maybe I'll try that but I'm not about to spend 230$ on a ac Delco one unless I know it's the mad. Still haven't found the problem yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciera91 View Post
              Unfortunately a new one is 45$....
              There is a way to hot wire the ignition....but again, via salvage yard, one could pickup some of those relays.

A lower voltage can screw the pooch...so fuse contacts, to relays, to ignition switch. On my Beretta, the ignition switch is funky during cold weather, like turn it, no start, turn it again start.

When starting a vehicle, the starter is sucking the juice...so good battery, good battery-cable connections on -/+ sides (CLEANED UP)....as you said below...this suggests a current draw issue.

"If I immediately shut car off and re start when light apears it either fires right up and light disapears and has normal driveability or takes slightly longer cranking, light disapears and normal driveability.

It's almost like if I hold the key slightly longer when starting it won't appear, that's obviously not normal. Once in a while it's like it's starting/firing/ running for a second then dies with a "puff" sound. I cannot figure it out. "

Comment

Getting colder out again and code 34 coming back. The local U Pull yard has a 90 Century, 93 Grand Am, 90 Eighty Eight, 90 Bonneville and 90 Eighty Eight. Their prices are pretty cheap maybe I’ll try to go this weekend and try to get a GM MAF. Dunno if it’s worth the gamble there’s a reason the cars are at the yard ha. 20$ for one if they’re there though.

Comment

I would go with a yard one before I bought an aftermarket module. Aftermarket modules always seem to have problems.
                  Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
                  More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
                  01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Comment

That's a real good price. I would grab one in a heart beat. Yeah, the aftermarket ones are always a risk. Especially if it decides to let go when you're far from home. I really should toss a spare one in the trunk just in cast. But it's winter here now and she doesn't leave the garage until next summer again.

Comment

Working...
                    X