No announcement yet.

1993 Olds Ciera Coming Home On A Flat Bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It came with some factory pre-applied stuff but it's never enough so yeah I applied some high heat anti-seize to it very neatly when I installed it. So the next time it should not be a problem. I apply anti-seize to all nuts and bolts/fasteners at all times. Just seems like the prudent thing to do especially when dealing with old cars in this salty climate here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip View Post
      It came with some factory pre-applied stuff but it's never enough so yeah I applied some high heat anti-seize to it very neatly when I installed it. So the next time it should not be a problem. I apply anti-seize to all nuts and bolts/fasteners at all times. Just seems like the prudent thing to do especially when dealing with old cars in this salty climate here.
      Yep. Especially if you plan to keep the car for a while. I've put a thin coat of grease on my wheel studs for 30 years or more.

Ken T.

Comment

He brought the car back to me yet again. This time the complaint was that his 3-speed tranny didn't shift as strong as mine. He likes the performance of mine better. So, I said let me take a look at it. I adjusted the TV cable for a strong 1-2 shift at 17-20MPH. Man that dude is happy as pie. And he's gonna need a new set of tires soon. He's burning em up. LOL. His cable was on the factory pre-set which lazy with 1-2 shifts in the 7-8MPH range. Old man type settings. LOL

Comment

Working...
        X