Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant use the site!

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

Default Cant use the site!

Hey guys, I am back, kinda...

Having some issues with the site, which is why I havent been able to come on for some time.

First, the site does not work in IE. And since I use a work computer at home, this is all I am allowed.
    Second, my subscriptions for emails is not going thru. I have checked my settings, reset my settings, and still not working.
    Third, I dont know if the above problems may have stemmed from the moderator status being removed (when did that happen), but it was all working before, and on the same computer before.

So, some help would be nice! Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Tablet on the T-Mobile Network
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac6ksteawd View Post
    Hey guys, I am back, kinda...

Having some issues with the site, which is why I havent been able to come on for some time.

First, the site does not work in IE. And since I use a work computer at home, this is all I am allowed.
    Second, my subscriptions for emails is not going thru. I have checked my settings, reset my settings, and still not working.
    Third, I dont know if the above problems may have stemmed from the moderator status being removed (when did that happen), but it was all working before, and on the same computer before.

So, some help would be nice! Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Tablet on the T-Mobile Network
    Seemed like you disappeared for a while, so I removed the moderator status. If you're back, I can reinstate it of course.

Check your spam folder for the subscription emails. I've noticed that gmail flags them as spam because they originate from my server, which has a different domain than the forum address. Other email services may do the same thing. In any case, subscription emails are on a delay - usually they get sent out in batches every 10-12 minutes.

Can't help much with browser issues, I'm afraid. I am posting from IE right now, and if there was a widespread issue with the board on IE, I'm sure I would have heard about it sooner and in greater numbers.
    - Joe

Vehicle

If you could Cutlass, I would appreciate it... But of course, we have a good bunch of people around, so I rarely used it!

I checked my spam folders, my inbox, even my other mail boxes. They just aren't there.. Not sure what to do really. I am using Hotmail..

Well, I may have found a work around for IE. I have to use compatibility mode for this site to work.

Need to get this email thing fixed thou, that was how the members got ahold of me when there was a problem, if something needed my immediate attention.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

Vehicle

I went back into my settings, to update them, and I got the following message..

Message The administrator has banned your email address. You will need to change your email address in order to continue. If you think this is done in error, please click here to contact the administrator.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I sent you a generic password reminder as a test. Disregard it, but let me know if you get it.
    - Joe

Vehicle

Nope, Nothing..
    Brian - Carpe Diem

If you have a second different email address, PM it to me and we'll see if it works.
    - Joe

Vehicle

Done.. What happened to the site last couple days. Webmaster email was down, site was down, nothing..
    Brian - Carpe Diem

Vehicle
    1987 Olds Cutlass Ciera 231ci

The site was done for a few hours yesterday, but other than that it has been working fine on my end.

'87 Olds Cutlass Ciera 3.8 SFI V6, 63K miles
    '85 Chevy Celebrity wagon 2.8 V6
    '84 Chevy Celebrity 2.8 V6 (my very first car!)

Vehicle

Musta got the full ban somehow.. Don't know. Have not been able to get on the site for a few days.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac6ksteawd View Post
    Done.. What happened to the site last couple days. Webmaster email was down, site was down, nothing..
    The hosting provider had a hardware issue that affected the whole server.
    - Joe

Vehicle

Well, I reset my email to a Gmail one that I rarely use, and I actually got a re-verification email. Maybe this time it will work.

Still having to use Compatibility mode in IE thou.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

What's the version of IE that you're using?
    - Joe

Vehicle

Tried diferent versions. IE8 IE9 IE10
    Brian - Carpe Diem

Vehicle

Hey Cutty, tried to go and update someones post today that had the IMG tags wrong, and, unless I am missing it, I don't have any of the admin buttons to do that type of work. The only option I have is to close a thread.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast