Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uplander rear disc brake upgrade write up

Vehicle
    89 cutlass ciera

Yes with cordless grinder or something along those lines. I didn't have cuz I bought everything off a member on here so it was already off and in pieces.

Vehicle
    1985 Chevrolet Celebrity Sedan (2.8 2-bbl. V6, THM-125, JA2)

Cool!

Thanks for the info Shocker, much obliged!

I'm planning to do the U-van brake swap on the front of my Celebrity (with the Uplander disks in the rear) in the near future, so your photos and info on the installation of them helps a ton.

Here's to better braking!
    1985 Chevy Celebrity Sedan (2.8-X, THM125, JA2, F41)
    1954 Chevy 3100 Pickup (235 I-6, SM420)
    1994 Toyota Camry LE Coupe (2.2, A140)

hi mr shocker :
    if it possible ,can i know what is the mark , model and the year of the car which you used it parts in your (Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera) car ?
    and what are the ulternatives that can be used if the parts that you used can't be found? to upgrade my (Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera) car ?

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Custom 3.1L

What Cables did you use to tie into the Uplander calipers from where distribution block from the cable that goes to the front? Did you get left and right parking brake cables from a Chevrolet Uplander to tie into the Uplander Calipers? Or did you go another route to make it work? The reason I ask is because where I live I have to have parking brake functionality for State inspection. This is the only part of this conversion that is holding me up from doing this conversion to my A body. I actually figures this conversion out myself, but I don't know what cables to buy to make the parking brake cable work in sync with the parking brake system.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Visiko View Post
    What Cables did you use to tie into the Uplander calipers from where distribution block from the cable that goes to the front? Did you get left and right parking brake cables from a Chevrolet Uplander to tie into the Uplander Calipers? Or did you go another route to make it work? The reason I ask is because where I live I have to have parking brake functionality for State inspection. This is the only part of this conversion that is holding me up from doing this conversion to my A body. I actually figures this conversion out myself, but I don't know what cables to buy to make the parking brake cable work in sync with the parking brake system.
    I know what you mean. When we used to do a legit safety inspection in Texas, I flunked on the parking brake once. Now it's all EPA driven.

Ken T.

Vehicle

Yeah so if anyone knows what parking brakes cables to use with the uplander brake calipers it would be helpful. I am new to this Forum.This is my first forum I have ever been apart of and i thought i was the only person out there with a A-body that i have so much money into. i hope to start sharing my build with people on here. I got a 1996 Buick Century. Here is a recent picture of it.

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

Beautiful Buick Century Andrew.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Andrew she's really nice looking 😎😎😎😎

Vehicle

Thank you. I have alot of time and money into the car. This week I will be doing a aftermarket wood grain steering wheel. I hope to figure out how to start a thread to show a detail install and modification of the steering wheel airbag delete.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Mines in the project central thread : hey gang meet the old girl 1995 century just have to get her re painted due to sun fade in a few months special thanks to Florida weather

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

No rust either! Very nice!

Ken T.

Quote Originally Posted by shocker View Post
    Here is my write up on uplander rear brake conversion on 89 cutlass ciera.
    so for us purists, will the uplander rear disc brakes work with the 14" mid eighties eurosport rims? and is the bolt pattern of the hub 115mm or 100mm ?

Nope, and 115 for '05. In '06 they went to a 6-lug bolt pattern.
    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
    '86 Eurosport sedan
    '88 Eurosport VR coupe
    '89 Eurosport wagon

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

What 86 Euro said. The brake change will not work with the 14" rims, and would have to be pre-06 for the bolt pattern.

Im also going to try to fix the links to the pics above..
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

It's basically a 1- year setup. I believe the '06 and later years work too, you just have to get hubs and rotors for an '05.
    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
    '86 Eurosport sedan
    '88 Eurosport VR coupe
    '89 Eurosport wagon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12