Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: e36 headlights update

Looks great! I wish my Cutlass wasn't falling apart or I wold of done this too! Awesome outcome, have you started any plans for custom tails?
    -John

"Do you got a V8 in that Cutlass or something" -Some drunk hoosier barbecuing at a park

Vehicle
    1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S, 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo

Well... they'll look stock but I'm going to switch them over to LED's, and then I'm going to switch my third brake light, reverse lights, side marker lights, turn signals, and parking lights into LED's over time I Might end up going with aftermarket parking lights if I can find a pair that would fit my car, I haven't really decided yet...

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century

Looks great, it's a very nice mod. Well done!

What year BMW e36 headlights are those from?

I wonder if these would work: (e36 projection lights + side turn signal lens in one unit)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-98...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by Geoaidan; 06-18-2009 at 03:37 AM.

Vehicle
    82 buick century (4.3lt diesel), 2000 Vw jetta 2.0

wow......cool. i like the look.

good job.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDurock
    most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
    82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
    00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Vehicle
    1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S

het do your old headlight sockets and bulbs fit in the E36 headlights too???? just wondering cause want to purshace some HID headlights off ebay
    1992 Cutlass Ciera 3.3L V6 cold air intake, dual exhaust and jet stage 2 chip........jawdrop:

Be Canadian.......Chase Beaver

Vehicle

Thanks again guys....

Geoaidan, the ones I got were the 92-96 I believe.... I didn't get the ones with the turn signals because I wasn't entirely sure that the turn signals would fit, and it's alot easier to cut up a header panel than the fender... with that being said if you were going to buy headlights and turn signals your better bet would probably be to buy a set where the signals are a different lense just in case they don't end up working out and for easier fitment.

Chuch, our stock bulbs won't fit in the e36, but we did use the stock wiring... I don't remember off hand if my fiance spliced the wires or not, but I know that the set I bought came with a clip that did fit on the stock connector and changed the lights over to the ones that came with the headlights. The headlights themselves took an H1 bulb but the ones I bought were HID ready. Here's the link to the ones I purchased: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9576&viewitem=

If you look in his store he does have more of those same headlights he's selling now. With that being said you Might be able to find a set that work with our 9005/9006 bulbs but I really liked the look of the euro spec ones. Also this is the HID kit that I bought for my car, seems to work great so far http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320364581578 If you do buy from him make sure you specify the H1 bulb and then choose your color temp (mine is 6000)

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century

Thanks Are the BMW lens plastic or glass? JW.

Vehicle

The ones I got are dual glass, the outside of the lense is glass and there's a glass lense over each bulb to spread the light better. I like glass since it won't yellow

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century

Silentwing-

Very nice! Will have to do this mod to my car sometime during the winter. Debating whether to do halo with stock lens or changing over to BMW e36.

Vehicle

It's all in what apperance you're going for.... Good luck with it and let me know if you need any tips

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century

It's all in what apperance you're going for.... Good luck with it and let me know if you need any tips
    Thanks, bud. For me, it is down to cost & amount of work. Still am deciding how long I am keeping the car for. I usually change cars once a year. But I like my Buick to a point that I'm seriously considering on stretching it for 5 years this time around.

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

Wish the photo links worked... GRR!
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12