Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: While I was driving my Eurosport again..

Default While I was driving my Eurosport again..

My 1988 Celebrity Eurosport was my first car I got back when I was 17 years old from my dad. It had 194K when I got in from him in like 2001 I think. In December 2006 I got my 2000 Buick Regal GSE and parked my Eurosport. Being my first car I just could not let it go. So for most of 2006 it sat. However in August I drove it again for 2 months while getting an upgraded transmission in my Regal. Then for the month of Sept I started driving the Eurosport again while I was having big upgrades done to the Regal. The link below will tell you all about it. Even if now my heart is all towards my Regal, my Eurosport was always there for me. We have had the car since 1996 and at the time had around 70K on it. The car is now parked once again with almost 237K on it with the original motor and head gaskets. I hate to let it sit, but I just don't have the time anymore to do "upgrades" to it anymore. Sooner or later I am going to have to decide what I want to do with all the "special" parts I have for this car and the car itself.

Pictures of the Eurosport.. and yes its lowered with Eibach lowering springs.

Pictures of my Regal GSE

All about my "big upgrade"
    http://www.regalgs.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46154

Vehicle
    1989 Olds Cutlass Ciera International

Hey, looks like Dave did a good job on the engine. You should definitely come the CPAGCP meet next year. Did you ever get a rear swaybar for the celebrity?? I'm still in the market for one if you have one sitting around.
    1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera International --> L67 - M90 + 60-1 =

Yes it's an Oldsmobile and yes it makes over 450 HP!!

(drool icon) That Regal is VERY NICE! I love the look of those. I usually like the Pontiac's more but NOT in the case of the GP/Regals VERY NICE MAN!
    1989 Formula 350, 2002 Bonneville SE
    DON
    "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Reading through the posts you directed to, I noticed you wanting to paint the alternator black, and wondering what to do with the vent holes.

Cut up pieces of sponge and put the pieces into the holes. Right after you have spray painted the alternator, you pull out the sponge pieces. That way you shouldn't have any visible deformities in the paint around the holes.
    Old like good wine...

Vehicle
    1997 Mercury Grand Marquis

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    (drool icon) That Regal is VERY NICE! I love the look of those. I usually like the Pontiac's more but NOT in the case of the GP/Regals VERY NICE MAN!

Yeah, but the Celebrity has soul

If you get what I mean..

Vehicle
    1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette, 1989 GMC Sierra C1500, 2005 Chevrolet Corvette, 2001 Pontiac Aztek GT

I want the Celeb's springs. lol
    Jay

Yeah I plan to come to that meet. I just hope it isn't the same time as the big Regal meet in Ohio.

These are the parts off the top of my head I bought for my Eurosport that most I never used. Parts I feel are kind of "rare" I guess?

1.) Eibach lowering springs older style 1982-1993 (on car with all new KYB struts/shocks)
    2.) Eibach lower springs newer style 1994-1996 (brand new)
    3.) Addco rear-sway bar (brand new)
    4.) Goodridge stainless steel brake hoses (brand new)
    5.) Complete JA2/JA4 4 wheel disc brake upgrade (used parts from Pontiac 6000 STE/ and some new parts I bought)
    6.) Complete Eurosport trim package from very low mile car. Black parts are still glossy!
    9.) Eurosport factory lighted bar tachometers with trim (have a few)
    7.) Ciera International series ground effects (black)
    8.) Ciera International series center console with DIC (Gray)
    9.) Pontiac 6000 S/E side skirts (white)
    10.) Buick Century GS Spoiler (Black)
    11.) Set of stock Eurosport springs
    12.) Stock Heavy Duty Transmission cooler (from a Eurosport Wagon and its like half the size of cars radiator)

I am not sure if I am going to sell the parts with the car... or part everything out. I hate to take a perfectly good car apart.. However the car needs a few things... The car is safe till Feb 2008. Then I have to deal with inspection again. What sucks is the car is sitting with about 90% of new parts I put onto the car before parking it. Reason i went out and got another car because I wanted to drive something else so I could spend all the time I wanted to fix the old car up!
    Last edited by GeforceXtreme; 11-30-2007 at 04:09 PM.

When I got the regal I had to make room in the basement for more parts. So i had to put some of the stuff in the trunk of the Eurosport... I was able to fit a lot into that trunk!

Quote Originally Posted by GeforceXtreme View Post
    5.) Complete JA2/JA4 4 wheel disc brake upgrade (used/new)
    Was that something you got from an STE or did you buy it as a conversion set?
    Old like good wine...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuddi View Post
    Yes it is.

What my Eurosport looked like in 2005 after paint and body work. Wish it still had the gloss. Lost the gloss after letting it sit so long..

Yes it is.
    err.... which one?

The STE

or

Conversion kit

?

Sorry for the confusion.
    Old like good wine...

Vehicle
    1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette, 1989 GMC Sierra C1500, 2005 Chevrolet Corvette, 2001 Pontiac Aztek GT

2.) Eibach lower springs newer style 1994-1996 (brand new)
    3.) Addco rear-sway bar (brand new)
    I'm interested.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Tuddi View Post
    err.... which one?

The STE

or

Conversion kit

?

Sorry for the confusion.
    The rear disc parts are from a 1986 Pontiac 6000 STE. I got the calipers, brake lines, hoses, and backing plates, hubs, and bolts from this car. I went out and bought brand new E-brake cables, brake pads, and rotors for the setup. I also went out and got a complete front JA2 brake upgrade also because my Eurosport for some reason only came with JA1 brakes. So I was planning at the time to upgrade to JA2 brakes with the JA4 rear disc brakes. I did buy new rotors/pads for the JA2 fronts however I think I sold them to a friend for his moms ciera. So I am unsure if I have those still. But really if your car already has JA2 brakes then this is a pretty easy install. However for people with JA1’s you need to upgrade the brake master cylinder to a JA2 one, and as well upgrade the front brakes to JA2. The rear disc brake upgrade is very nice. The calipers on this setup are huge. They are the same size as my JA1 front calipers!

Quote Originally Posted by SexySilhouette View Post
    I'm interested.
    Yeah a few people are going to be interested in these being the Eibach springs now I think are impossible to find. My newer set I bought like almost two years ago are dated "1994" on the box so that is when they were made. It took me almost 2 years to get my sets. The older set are from Canada and the new set were from a company that had it in storage from i bet 1994. Somehow there was dust even inside the box! I am so glad I fought my way to get these springs because being how rare they are they could be in the junkyard by now if someone else bolt them. I was willing to do whatever to get them because stock the A-bodies I think sit way too high. After installing these springs I just could not believe how much different the car felt. When the car had the wider 225 tires on it, the thing handled like it was never designed too. I just could not believe that I could take turns at the speed I was in a Celebrity Eurosport!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast