Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 671

Thread: Introduce yourself thread! (56k warning!)

  1. #466
    Senior Member fixitman333's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    pa
    Vehicle
    1994 Buick Roadmaster 5.7, 1993 Century wagon 3.3, 1987 Cadillac Brougham 5.0, 2009 Chevy Cobalt
    Posts
    284

    Default

    welcome aboard



  2. #467
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lehighton PA
    Vehicle
    1998 Cutlass Ciera 2.5 & 2004 Cavalier 2.2 Ecotec
    Posts
    147

    Default

    New to the forum, I have a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass 2.5. Bought it with 39k on it. Has about 53k now. Got it for $750, have it for about a year now and have not put anything into it. I did give it a tune up, and a small radiator leak developed. I actually enjoy driving this car more than my 2004 Cavalier with mods. Im really enjoying this site, much better than the tuner forums im usually on. Btw im near the allentown (lehighton to be exact) PA.

  3. #468
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Vehicle
    1990 Olds Cutlass Ciera
    Posts
    23

    Default

    New here. I have a 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3, got it from the estate of a deceased relative a few months back with 37,000 miles on it. It sat for most of the past four years. had to replace the radiator and the Trans Modulator valve. I have the headliner held up with upholstery screws ;-), it's in pretty darn good shape, except for the fact that whoever cleaned out her house appears to have use the car roof and hood to slide cardboard boxes across.

    right now small things are going wrong, speakers crackle, cigarette lighter stopped working (fuses are all good) and when dropping down to stop the idle stays a bit fast. So I replaced the IAC valve, but lost the bottom screw. It runs, not much differently than before, but will start a thread on that. In New Jersey.

  4. #469
    Senior Member white89euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetCav View Post
    New to the forum, I have a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass 2.5. Bought it with 39k on it. Has about 53k now. Got it for $750, have it for about a year now and have not put anything into it. I did give it a tune up, and a small radiator leak developed. I actually enjoy driving this car more than my 2004 Cavalier with mods. Im really enjoying this site, much better than the tuner forums im usually on. Btw im near the allentown (lehighton to be exact) PA.
    Hello, and welcome StreetCav!
    BTW The Cutlass Ciera (and it's cousin the Buick Century) Were rated #1 in the 10 Cars the Refuse to Die story by Kiplinger finance magazine a few years ago. Read and enjoy! George

    http://www.kiplinger.com/article/car...se-to-die.html

  5. #470
    Senior Member white89euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    New here. I have a 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3, got it from the estate of a deceased relative a few months back with 37,000 miles on it. It sat for most of the past four years. had to replace the radiator and the Trans Modulator valve. I have the headliner held up with upholstery screws ;-), it's in pretty darn good shape, except for the fact that whoever cleaned out her house appears to have use the car roof and hood to slide cardboard boxes across.

    right now small things are going wrong, speakers crackle, cigarette lighter stopped working (fuses are all good) and when dropping down to stop the idle stays a bit fast. So I replaced the IAC valve, but lost the bottom screw. It runs, not much differently than before, but will start a thread on that. In New Jersey.
    Excellent to have you on board, Omega. My daily driver is a 1989 Ciera, also with the 3.3 motor. I've had it two years and put almost nothing into it except basic maintenance. These are incredible cars! You'll appreciate the Kiplinger finance magazine story about "10 cars that refuse to die" - Ciera and Century were rated #1 of 10. Here is the link: http://www.kiplinger.com/article/cars/T009-C000-S001-10-cars-that-refuse-to-die.html

  6. #471
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I just signed up. I am Steve, living in Alberta, Canada. A few days ago I acquired, after many years of searching, a 1984 Pontiac 6000 wagon (base). She has the 2.8 L V6. In great shape for the age, but has sat last two years when previous owner retired it from use. Now won't start, seems to have no spark. Does anyone know if all 4 terminals on the coil should have a connection? The modular plug that goes on all 4 terminals has one "port" with no wire. I'd post a photo too if I could figure out how to

  7. #472
    Senior Member fixitman333's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    pa
    Vehicle
    1994 Buick Roadmaster 5.7, 1993 Century wagon 3.3, 1987 Cadillac Brougham 5.0, 2009 Chevy Cobalt
    Posts
    284

    Default

    welcome aboard

  8. #473

    Pontiac6ksteawd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brighton, CO
    Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Welcome aboard Steve. I would suggest starting a thread in the correct section, and see what kind of replies you can get.. You will get many more views in the correct forum.

    I cant help you, I know very little about the Carbed V-6's

    Welcome to the forums.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

    I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 103k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 143k

  9. #474
    Senior Member turbokinetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northport, AL
    Vehicle
    1984 Buick Century Olympia 3.8SFI Turbo V6
    Posts
    5,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    I just signed up. I am Steve, living in Alberta, Canada. A few days ago I acquired, after many years of searching, a 1984 Pontiac 6000 wagon (base). She has the 2.8 L V6. In great shape for the age, but has sat last two years when previous owner retired it from use. Now won't start, seems to have no spark. Does anyone know if all 4 terminals on the coil should have a connection? The modular plug that goes on all 4 terminals has one "port" with no wire. I'd post a photo too if I could figure out how to
    Hi Steve! That connector to the coil has 4 ports, but internally, there are only 2 connections. Both the left-side ports and both the right-side ports are connected together.

    One of the 2 connectors has 2 wires. It goes to the ignition module.

    The other connector has 1 or 2 wires. If it has one wire, that wire is switched battery power when the key is ON.

    If it has 2 wires, there is a switched battery wire (usually large pink or pink/black wire). There is a second wire, often a small white color wire. This goes to the TACHOMETER in the dash. If you have no tach, you may not have this wire in the harness. It is not needed for the engine to run.

    If the coil won't fire a spark during cranking, there are only a few possibilities:
    No power from keyswitch... (easy to test)
    Defective igngition coil... (most likely)
    Defective pickup coil... (less likely)
    Defective ignition module...(least likely)

    Hope this helps!
    Sincerely,
    David

    Look me up on Facebook and CarDomain and My Webpage

  10. #475
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by turbokinetic View Post
    Hi Steve! That connector to the coil has 4 ports, but internally, there are only 2 connections. Both the left-side ports and both the right-side ports are connected together.

    One of the 2 connectors has 2 wires. It goes to the ignition module.

    The other connector has 1 or 2 wires. If it has one wire, that wire is switched battery power when the key is ON.

    If it has 2 wires, there is a switched battery wire (usually large pink or pink/black wire). There is a second wire, often a small white color wire. This goes to the TACHOMETER in the dash. If you have no tach, you may not have this wire in the harness. It is not needed for the engine to run.

    If the coil won't fire a spark during cranking, there are only a few possibilities:
    No power from keyswitch... (easy to test)
    Defective igngition coil... (most likely)
    Defective pickup coil... (less likely)
    Defective ignition module...(least likely)

    Hope this helps!
    Sincerely,
    David
    Thanks for the help! As it turned out, it was the ignition module! I replaced that along with the cap and rotor and she fired right up. I was able to have a spin around the block, which is as far as I dared go as there's no license plate on her yet

  11. #476
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Vehicle
    1994 Buick Century Special Wagon
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi all. I guess I forgot to do an intro when I signed up a while back. As my username indicates my name is Mike. I've always lived in Florida. I drive a 3.1L V-6 '94 Century wagon with a about 95,250 miles on it. Been a great car. It was a rear defrost delete so I've added that for the dewy mornings we tend to get here. The front bumper was already damaged when I got it and after some waiting I found a nice one in the same color on a sedan at a salvage yard and replaced it. Otherwise I've just maintained/cleaned it. Great car, as all the A-bodies are. Thanks for having me.
    Last edited by FloridaMike67; 09-17-2013 at 08:52 PM.

  12. #477
    Senior Member thesam1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toledo Ohio
    Vehicle
    1990 Buick Century Custom 3.3 "T-Type" sedan
    Posts
    874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMike67 View Post
    It was a rear defrost delete so I've added that for the dewy mornings we tend to get here.
    My car also is a rear defrost delete and as I live in Northern Ohio I desperately need one... how did you add it? Mine is a sedan, mind you and I've lived with out it before, but never knew it was possible to add it. Could you make a write up?
    Roads.... Where we're going, we don't need roads.

  13. #478
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Vehicle
    1994 Buick Century Special Wagon
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesam1984 View Post
    My car also is a rear defrost delete and as I live in Northern Ohio I desperately need one... how did you add it? Mine is a sedan, mind you and I've lived with out it before, but never knew it was possible to add it. Could you make a write up?
    Well, I think I had it a bit easier since it's a wagon. I suspected the wiring/connector would be tucked in the hatch door since it was a delete instead of an option and sure enough it was. Otherwise it was just a matter of unbolting the the glass, which can swing open separately from the hatch door, and swapping it for the one from the donor vehicle. I added a spring type piece of metal from the donor car that the wiring plugged into that pressed against the glass where a conductive element was which completed the circuit when the hatch was closed. Then I just pulled the switch cover panel on the dash and added the switch to the plug which was already there but hidden by the panel that was solid at that area and replaced the cover with the one from the donor vehicle that had a cutout for the switch. I guess the primary concern on a sedan would be confirming the wiring near the rear glass was already present. Hope this helps.

  14. #479
    Senior Member Ciera91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    St. Paul, Mn
    Vehicle
    1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Hey I'm in Minnesota and I just picked up a 91 Ciera on fri the 13th. It's a 1991 3.3with 4spd OD. It hit 70,025 miles on the way to bring it home. I was told it made its way from an old lady in Fargo ND. It is pretty much spotless. has a 10 way power drivers seat and passenger back reclining seat. Has factory keyless entry. Only things I could find wrong with it was the power antenna stopped about a half inch from fully retracting. I took it out, degreased and cleaned out the internals of the case, re greased it and put it back together/in and good as new now. Second was the front license plate bracket was cracked at the top. I took 2 small nails, bent them in a staple shape, and melted them into the plastic at the crack and used a flat solder iron tip to imbed them, then smoothed out the plastic with it. Looks pretty decent and is now good. Can barely see it. [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] 10 Way power drivers seat(passenger only has power reclining back)
    Last edited by Ciera91; 10-04-2013 at 12:19 AM.

  15. #480
    Member b_nad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle
    1986 Buick Century
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Hey I'm Brandon from Vancouver, BC.
    I've got an 86 century 2.8 carbed, power everything, picked it up for $850 with 43xxx km, currently sitting at about 55xxx. Overall shes pretty solid, I've had to replace the drivers side fender because it was smashed in when I got it, along with both passenger window motors and some little trim pieces. all filters and fluids and been flushed/replaced, vacuum lines are all replaced and re-run (a lot cleaner looking). all of the chrome has been blacked out, front brakes and tires have been replaced and I've replaced the front swaybar with a U-van one (holy hell was that ever worth it). when I first got her there was a bunch of interior stuff that didn't work but that's all been sorted out. for the most part the only issue there was the antenna motor would continually run, draining the battery so the previous owner had pulled a fuse. I just had to pop out the glovebox and unplug the antenna, replaced the fuse and its all good now.

    I'm slowly getting the small body imperfections cleaned up and plan to finish filler and primer this spring. I've also fully steamcleaned the interior with my buddy and it looks damn near brand new at this point.

    runs pretty solid, other than can't seem to find the happy place in Carb adjustment. I'm trying to find a good Carb shop to take her to at this point because I think swapping in tbi or mfi might be a little beyond me, although I would love to.

    to do:
    rear drums and shoes
    all belts
    recharge AC
    body work (as previously mentioned)
    exhaust/cat delete
    attempt to pull some more power out of this old thing!

    theres a few photos here:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/bnad86/

    any and all input welcome!

    Thanks guys.
    Brandon

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •