Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Introduce yourself thread! (56k warning!)

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

Quote Originally Posted by aequitas27k View Post
    Got the matching reels for the front, just cannot remove the top nut to replace them...
    You aren't kidding about that! I needed to replace a frayed one on the passenger's door of our '92 when we got it. Besides finding the earlier car's door/belt hardware looks different from our '96 (I had a perfect matching donor from a low mileage '92), I found the upper door mount cannot be disassembled on a car this old without destroying it. The plastic belt guide coating is too fragile with a nut that is torqued and thread locked (tried a few to prove it). I ended up disassembling the lower reel on the door to remove the original belt, feeding the new belt through the upper door guide and into the original lower reel mounted on the door. The new upper reel stayed attached to the new belt, then mounted on the door.
    Last edited by CorvairGeek; 07-15-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    Jerry

Hi my name is Ethan and I'm new here.
    I have a thread in projects.
    I tried posting photos but I'm having issues.
    So here is a Instagram link
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BVoKEAnAORG/

The car is a 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciara turn dirt track car

I'm here to share the fun I'm having with the car (hope not to offend anyone)
    And to ask nooby questions and seek you all wise help

Vehicle
    1990 Buick Century Custom 3.3L V6

Quote Originally Posted by CorvairGeek View Post
    You aren't kidding about that! I needed to replace a frayed one on the passenger's door of our '92 when we got it. Besides finding the earlier car's door/belt hardware looks different from our '96 (I had a perfect matching donor from a low mileage '92), I found the upper door mount cannot be disassembled on a car this old without destroying it. The plastic belt guide coating is too fragile with a nut that is torqued and thread locked (tried a few to prove it). I ended up disassembling the lower reel on the door to remove the original belt, feeding the new belt through the upper door guide and into the original lower reel mounted on the door. The new upper reel stayed attached to the new belt, then mounted on the door.
    I'll have to look into that method. Unfortunately the black trim pieces have been gone since i first tried to tackle the seatbelt replacement 5 years ago...

Hi all,
    I joined because we bought my daughter a '94 Ciera for her first car. I picked it up for $100, and have put about $300 into it so far. Biggest thing it needed was a new fuel pump. Next up on the list is a new evaporator coil to get the AC working. I brought it to a shop to get charged, and that worked for a day. Brought it back, same deal. The third time they actually found the leak, and it's the evaporator. They wanted another $700 to do that (already gave 'em $150), and we decided it was time to take it home and swap parts ourselves. So, the 15yr old daughter is gonna get greasy with me over the next few months.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Welcome aboard !! You will see that it's a very simple car to fix and keep going . The evaporator core is a time consuming one . Make sure u don't loose any of the cover bolts cause u will loose air flow out of the vents . If you need a few inches of space to get to the fire wall take off the dog bone top mount on the engine to radiator support and use a ratchet strap and gently pull the engine forward 3 inches any more you will tear the engine mounts .

Vehicle
    1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

Hello... Just bought a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with 116,000 miles. 3300v6 with the overdrive transmission. Car is rusty. Mostly from sitting. I found receipts from work done on it in 2010 showing 50,000 miles.

Anyways, thought I'd say something here.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Welcome to the forum Jim

New here. I'm 27 and my name is Tim. Got a gray 90 Century Custom Sedan with 183K, gray 90 Century Limited Sedan with 70K that I bought from the original owner, and a beater gray 91 Century Limited with a trunk rack and about 90K. Been looking for a 2 Door Century but the only one I could find was in NM and I'm in OH. Would like to get a wagon at some point and maybe a Celebrity, 6000, and Ciera, but I'm out of money and parking space. Although if I found a decent Century Coupe for a good price I'd jump on it. Looking forward to spending time on this forum.

Vehicle

Welcome! Are they all 3300 V6s?
    Jerry

Thanks. Yes they're all 3300 V6. I get about 26MPG which is pretty good IMO. Would like to get a 4cyl just to compare power and MPG sometime lol.

Vehicle
    "Amazing Grace", 1991 Cutlass Ciera

Default Hi Everybody!

Im Jeff, ive been a longtime lurker here but had my baby in storage for forever due to terrible life choices. I finally got her out this past weekend and will finally get to build her.
    When in doubt, GAS IT!

If you aint first, you're last!

Vehicle

Welcome! Glad you are here and in a better place now.
    Jerry

Vehicle
    "Amazing Grace", 1991 Cutlass Ciera

Quote Originally Posted by CorvairGeek View Post
    Welcome! Glad you are here and in a better place now.
    Thank you!
    When in doubt, GAS IT!

If you aint first, you're last!

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647