Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself thread! (56k warning!)

Vehicle
    1989 Chevy Celebrity 2.5

Hi all.
    The name is Brian. I am an almost 3 year member of bonnevilleclub.com and a mod on teh relatively new but quickly growing northeastbonnevilleclub.com.
    Currently I am driving an 89 Celebrity with a 2.5. Picked it up for $300. It has just a litle over 150K and is in fairly decent shape.
    Here are a few shots of the car...

here's me

Vehicle
    1993 Olds Ciera Cruiser

Here we go:

I'm Nate. My A-Body is a 1993 Olds Ciera Cruiser. I dubbed it "The Family Truckster". I am an IT tech for a software company in CT. I tinker with cars, meditate, and sometimes build computers out of the large pile of parts in my basement. It looks like a battle of computers happened down there and all the wounded were left strewn about. I also have three other cars, a 1987 T-bird Turbo Coupe, a 1995 T-Bird Super Coupe, and a 1999 Miata. They are all fun cars, but the Olds rules the snowy roads! here is a pic of me in an orchid garden in Singapore (fun trip):
    http://picasaweb.google.com/borf42/F...85353487976850

And here are a couple of the wagon:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/borf42/F...84661998242162
    http://picasaweb.google.com/borf42/F...84670588176770

BTW, I can't seem to get the post to show the photos like everyone else. What am I doing wrong? I tried several methods....

Nate

Nate; thanks for the picts! I hear ya about the computers. I'm that way with electrical junk too. I wish the Century's had as much instrumentation as the Olds Cutlass Ciera and Cruiser, that is a much better start on a "real" IP than what Ihave!

To make a picture show automatically you would type the picture link like this:

(IMG)http://68.209.87.173/Pictures/Girls_cats3.jpg(/img)

To SHOW you how to type it, I had to use ( ) parenthesis,but for the real picture command, you must use SQUARE BRACKETS [ ] around the IMG and /IMG commands.

That picture site you have used does not allow you to link the pictures in this way. They want you to see it on their site and bombard you with advertisments. :-(

BTW this picture is my neices who are off-in-the-deep-end cat lovers!

Look me up on Facebook

Vehicle
    82 buick century (4.3lt diesel), 2000 Vw jetta 2.0

lol cute. the cat on the left is like help me so me merccy please........jk..........i love cats but they stay out side.........so the gaugre smells like ^&*#.....and is covered in it (got ot love the frist 4 weeks of having kittons...............after 3 cycles of that............yuck

borf some sites dont alow the [img] stuff you you have to do it the old school way

of (img src="http:// stuffin here" )
    ('s = >'s

Quote Originally Posted by LordDurock
    most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
    82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
    00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Vehicle
    1989 Chevrolet Celebrity

Forgot all about this thread.. and i dont think ive ever had a formal introduction on this board since i joined about a year and a half ago.... so..
    My name is Nick, i am 19 years old and am studying Civil Engineering Technology at Mohawk Valley Community College in Utica, gonna transfer this fall to sunyIT or RIT
    I am a swing manager at a McDonalds, super crappy job but its decent pay for what it is, and will get me through this semester then ill be working with the State DOT this summer. I got my celeb in July of 2006, sort of a graduation present from highschool, from my grandma. The car only had probably 80,000 or less on the clock, and was parked for all but about 2 winters while my grandmother visited florida (which is good cause winter is pretty hard on cars up here, and a-body's arent known for resisting rust around here). The sides were also professionally repaired from rust and repainted in, oh, about 1999

Here is a couple pics after i got the whitewalls replaced (after about a month of owning it):

Progress has been slow and steady on it, but it fortunately keeps going. This summer, I learned how to do some body work on this car, and fixed/ repainted almost everything under the stripe and the rear of the trunk. I have also gotten some of the major exterior mods done that i have been hoping for, including replacing the rear bumper (rotted out), adding a spoiler and upgrading the rims
    Here are a few pics, ranging from the beginning of this summer till about october, the last time i was able to take a decent pic of the car:

August (after majority of paint done, right before i got the new rims mounted)

Sept

Oct/Nov

Currently sits at 101,000 miles
    I have got all kinds of plans comin up this spring/summer when i get time, depending on how well it makes it out of winter. Anyway, thanks for readin
    Last edited by ochy38; 01-25-2008 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Format
    1989 Celebrity 2.8l v6 115,000 miles
    Cold Air Intake-----------------------Trans-am Spoiler
    Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler------225/50/R16 Hankook's
    Custom Dual Exhaust Setup---Alpine CDA-D855
    MA-Audio 12" Sub------------------Soundstorm Amp
    --------Custom "firm/lowered" suspension---------

Vehicle
    1989 Chevy Celebrity 2.5

Sooo that's what mine is supposed to look like...
    Looks good.
    What is that spoiler off of?

Vehicle
    1989 Chevrolet Celebrity

spoiler is off of an 80's firebird, fits perfect!
    1989 Celebrity 2.8l v6 115,000 miles
    Cold Air Intake-----------------------Trans-am Spoiler
    Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler------225/50/R16 Hankook's
    Custom Dual Exhaust Setup---Alpine CDA-D855
    MA-Audio 12" Sub------------------Soundstorm Amp
    --------Custom "firm/lowered" suspension---------

Vehicle
    1989 Chevy Celebrity 2.5

Thought it looked familiar.
    Good to know.
    Thanks

Vehicle
    1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

Ok so my name is Christopher Ritcey-Conrad (yes thats my last name) I'm best known as CRC I'm 18 (2 months away from 19). I own a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. It was purchased 2 years ago this may. My parents paid $500 for it and it only had 175000km on the clock. My grandmother owned an 1986 Cutlass Ciera with the Vinyl roof. It sat for half a year and the motor siezed up. Shame, that was going to be my project car. It's badly rusted now, only good for interior parts and engine parts.
    I am located outside of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. I'm attending university at Mount Allison in Sackville, New Brunswick, Bachelor of music.
    Here are some pics of me and my baby.

This was when it was first purchased. My parents thought the spoked hubcaps were awesome, I thought the made the car look older than it needed to be.

This is my Girlfriend and I

This summer. After I spent 2 hours washing, and waxing, god what a good looking car that is!

My favorite Pic of the Olds.

So thats it! I'm glad this is here, this website is awesome, and everybody who works within it is awesome!

Yeah this thread is getting a lot of good input. We've got USA, Canada,and even Peru represented!

Look me up on Facebook

Vehicle
    82 buick century (4.3lt diesel), 2000 Vw jetta 2.0

"My parents thought the spoked hubcaps were awesome, I thought the made the car look older than it needed to be. "

Spoked hub caps are Awesome. they would still be on mine if i hant of had one fly off.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDurock
    most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
    82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
    00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Does anyone know if the 84 Century Olympia came with the wire wheelcover hubcaps? I beleive it did?

They do make a car look older. My 84 Olympia has so much other "chrome" and "trim" and "decorations" that the wire wheelcovers actually complement it.

On my T-Type I like the steel "rally-type" wheels better. I have them on the car but have to re-paint the black and silber areas on the wheels and do some repairs to the trim rings and center caps.

That's my opinion anyway! Your car looks good with either wire wheelcovers or the rims you have on it. Unlke mine it is dent-free and all parts are the same color!

David

Quote Originally Posted by turbokinetic View Post
    and even Peru represented!
    Not yet... not in this thread anyways... I have had the intention of going public here, but ... well... there's always something else to be done... and that's always going to be the case.

So in light of that obvious revelation to myself, I guess I just should get it done once and for all:

Hi again to all fellow a-body.net members.

My name is Trausti Hraunfjörð, an Icelandic citizen, living in Perú, South America. I've been here for over 7 years at current point in time, and simply love living here. It was a major move for me to come from the top of the world to this 3rd world country, but as I expected I would, I just loved it. Those who say: There's no place like home, have probably never moved out of their sofa... my saying is: There's no place like the place you like the most! And with that all pre-supposed boundaries have been put to rest.

I am the proud father of an almost 18 year old daughter in Denmark, and another almost 1 year old daughter here in Peru ( here a video of her from a few months back ) found at her website ).

I am married to a wonderfully perfect Peruvian wife, and have been with her ever since the first day I came down here. She does not like having her pictures posted online, not even for my family who know her... so ... no pictures

My first ride was a Jeep Wagoneer given to me by my parents when I was 13 years of age, the second was a Jeep, so was the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh... well, I was always into 4x4's, due to the Icelandic climate and my biological father's Jeepomania.

The first ever 2x4 vehicle I have ever bought, was the current Chevy Celebrity 1985. It was in desperate need for helping hands, and I have at least saved it from certain death, and intend to make it better than new as time goes by.

It's different bad ass issues caused me to look for a source of help, which landed me on these forums.

My job is whatever it is at whatever point in time I take the measurement stick and try to find out what it is.

Currently most of my time is going into the development of a program I have named "Flashificator", intended as a GUI for a panorama picture program known as FPP.

Yes, I am also a professional panorama photographer, which got me into the GUI creation. Apart from that I export goods from Peru to ... whomever-whereever in the world. My wife is embedded with textiles, and runs her textile brokery/agency/production in ever increasing volumes.

(isn't there a need for an official T-Shirt ? Even if it's in a very limited production, it could be managed by her, at fair prices. Maybe the forums could have a contest on a design for the T-Shirt?

I love the Blues, am very political (dangerously much so... and will always do what I know is right, regardless of possible bad consequences to myself. For me, truth should be applied everywhere everytime, because it is free for everyone, and available for everyone to implement. Those who do NOT use truth as their primary instrument, deserve no mercy at all.... they had their chance like the rest of us. I have held a job where I was trained in how to detect lies and un-truths. All the small signs one should look for in a person's bodylanguage and speaking patterns became a standard issue for me... it's almost a curse, but at least I know whom I can trust, and whom I can't trust.

Well....

Here a picture of me and my little daughter and the kids of my wife from before I got to know her... but they are MY kids really... what DNA say's is irrelevant in this case!

And here my Bluesmobile when it tried to have me ditch it:

Well. That's about it from me about me and mine.

Surely I will stop by from time to time and bore you with other things....but for now this was all there was.
    Old like good wine...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuddi View Post
    panorama picture program
    SideBar:

Interesting Site: Hi Res 3D Motion Photo Panoramas

Yes, that's one of Hans' sites. He is one of the best in the world in the field of Panorama photography.... yet I found myself pointing him towards a very sloppy error he had made in one of his pano tours. He's Swedish, but has lived in Denmark since 1969. He lives only a few miles from where I used to live in Denmark, but back then neither one of us was into Panoramas.
    Old like good wine...

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast