Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself thread! (56k warning!)

Hey all, just joined, thought I'd post here first. I have an '87 Cutlass Ciera SL with a 3.1 sfi v6 from a '94 Ciera in it. My plans are to make it last a bit, but try and upgrade the performance a bit so I have a bit more pep around town. Also want to upgrade the stereo system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Vehicle
    1993 Cutlass Ciera

Quote Originally Posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    Time for a sway bar upgrades sir ! Look in a junk yard for a 1992-1995 pontiac transport or Oldsmobile silhouette u vans and grand the front sway bar and bushings it's a simple upgrade for under steer and stability .
    Look around on the boards sir you will find and learn some cool upgrades . The front swap bar plants the front tires on the road instead of the caddy lean I call it around corners and the tires are screaming . Send a pm great seeing a awesome olds Ciera

Thank you sir for the suggestion, and sorry for the almost year-old reply.
    I unfortunately lost my job at around the time I bought the car, so had to leave the car sitting for a while.
    Luckily for me the only upgrade it required was the battery, and after settling on a new job, i was able to put some HIDs (8000k) window tinting for those hot summer Cali days, and an absolutely required tire upgrade (215/70/14) with no rubbing issues.
    Sadly, while changing tires an issue with the right steering arm was discovered, but also got taken care of.
    So after all issues and upgrades were taken care off, the wife and I decided to take it on a celebratory Vegas drive. (top of the SLS)

These cars are nothing less but tanks, the car held up surprisingly well, but i'll definitely look into that sway bar upgrade, which may come before a stereo upgrade, since I just picked up a metra radio kit (99-4000) - which im hessitant to install since i really like the look and sound of the original stereo. Will see.
    Anyways, im very glad to have joined this awesome forum, and hopefully can share some of my experience working/dealing/owning this car.

Vehicle
    1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham

Afternoon all, my name is Gino and i'm the proud owner of a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham with the LG3 3.8 V6 and TH440-T4 4 Speed transmission. I will be creating a project thread to detail the car's story and what has been done including plans for the future. Catch you all later.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Gino , welcome aboard sir !! Congrats on your car it's a awesome thing to own one

Vehicle

Gino , welcome aboard sir !! Congrats on your car it's a awesome thing to own one
    Thanks very much Keiths1976!

Vehicle
    1990 Oldsmobile Cutlas Ciera 3.3

Welcome To the forum Gino! I look forward to reading about your Ciera, im a proud owner of one myself. We love the pics here so post them often if you can

Carlos

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Moonkilla1 View Post
    Welcome To the forum Gino! I look forward to reading about your Ciera, im a proud owner of one myself. We love the pics here so post them often if you can

Carlos
    Thanks Carlos!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Makavre View Post
    Thank you sir for the suggestion, and sorry for the almost year-old reply.
    I unfortunately lost my job at around the time I bought the car, so had to leave the car sitting for a while.
    Luckily for me the only upgrade it required was the battery, and after settling on a new job, i was able to put some HIDs (8000k) window tinting for those hot summer Cali days, and an absolutely required tire upgrade (215/70/14) with no rubbing issues.
    Sadly, while changing tires an issue with the right steering arm was discovered, but also got taken care of.
    So after all issues and upgrades were taken care off, the wife and I decided to take it on a celebratory Vegas drive. (top of the SLS)

These cars are nothing less but tanks, the car held up surprisingly well, but i'll definitely look into that sway bar upgrade, which may come before a stereo upgrade, since I just picked up a metra radio kit (99-4000) - which im hessitant to install since i really like the look and sound of the original stereo. Will see.
    Anyways, im very glad to have joined this awesome forum, and hopefully can share some of my experience working/dealing/owning this car.
    Your car is freaking beautiful man! Can wait to read more about her.

Vehicle
    1992 Acura NSX

Quote Originally Posted by LG3HDStereo View Post
    Afternoon all, my name is Gino
    Welcome to the family!
    1986 Celebrity Classic 2.8 (First car - sold)
    2013 Acura ILX
    1994 Acura Legend (x 2)
    1992 Acura NSX
    drivetofive.wordpress.com

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Welcome to the family!
    Thanks very much Tyson! I am happy be here.

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

Hey guys, got a 96 Ciera with under 90,000 miles! Got it for $750 back in 2012 when I was a sophomore in college. Had a few things pop up recently that need repair, found this place to be very helpful.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by steedyg View Post
    Hey guys, got a 96 Ciera with under 90,000 miles! Got it for $750 back in 2012 when I was a sophomore in college. Had a few things pop up recently that need repair, found this place to be very helpful.
    welcome to the forum Steedyg, glad you found the site! it sounds like you got yourself a 3.1 4 spd. hope everything went well with your repairs. this site has been a blessing for me as far as my ciera goes and im sure it will be the same for you. the thing is making sure to search for info from previous threads because a lot of times the questions you have are already answered by someone at some point. if you cant find it put up your question. these guys are pretty fast about getting back with info to help out fellow members.

again, welcome

Carlos

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

Quote Originally Posted by Moonkilla1 View Post
    welcome to the forum Steedyg, glad you found the site! it sounds like you got yourself a 3.1 4 spd. hope everything went well with your repairs. this site has been a blessing for me as far as my ciera goes and im sure it will be the same for you. the thing is making sure to search for info from previous threads because a lot of times the questions you have are already answered by someone at some point. if you cant find it put up your question. these guys are pretty fast about getting back with info to help out fellow members.
    Yep, I have the 3.1. She runs pretty smoothly usually - just had a problem a few days ago that I hope to have corrected next weekend.

I've used these forums in the past as a guest, but since I know I'll have more things popping up in the future I decided it was best to go ahead and join. I've definitely found some useful information and answers to a wide array of questions and issues just by using the search bar. There are certainly a lot of knowledgeable people here.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Wagon

Hi everyone! I picked up the '96 Century wagon for $150 a couple months ago. It runs like a dream, and passed inspection with flying colors, so that's a green light for inadvisable mods, haha. After mulling over what direction I wanted to head with the car, it kind of picked up a personality of its own that I've just decided to run with. In the near future I'm looking at lowering options, some custom paint work, and if I can drag this GTP home I'd REALLY like to throw the L67 in. That's mostly what led me here. I look forward to spending way too many hours staring at the posts in here, and getting to know who's who.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you end up offering up!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeCatD8209 View Post

Hi everyone! I picked up the '96 Century wagon for $150 a couple months ago. It runs like a dream, and passed inspection with flying colors, so that's a green light for inadvisable mods, haha. After mulling over what direction I wanted to head with the car, it kind of picked up a personality of its own that I've just decided to run with. In the near future I'm looking at lowering options, some custom paint work, and if I can drag this GTP home I'd REALLY like to throw the L67 in. That's mostly what led me here. I look forward to spending way too many hours staring at the posts in here, and getting to know who's who.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you end up offering up!
    Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you got a pretty crazy deal on that wagon! There are tons of cool threads on here and so many knowledgeable people; you're going to learn a ton (I know I have). A good place to start would be the "Projects Central" sub-forum.

- Pavi
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity
    2006 Subaru Impreza (Daily)

Previous:
    2006 Subaru Impreza (Sold)
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)
    2000 Subaru Forester (Sold)
    1994 Toyota Camry (Scrap)

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast