Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 82 buick century deisel rebuild thread

Vehicle
    1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S, 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo

Awesome glad to hear it's back on the road again! Congradulations on getting it all up and going... hopefully you'll be able to fix the injector lines issue easily.

Vehicle
    82 buick century (4.3lt diesel), 2000 Vw jetta 2.0

hey thanks guys. it always takes a while to get something working right when you one else has done it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDurock
    most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
    82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
    00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Vehicle
    1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S, 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo

Quote Originally Posted by LordDurock View Post
    hey thanks guys. it always takes a while to get something working right when you one else has done it.
    Yes but that's also what makes it feel even better when you accomplish it Now we're just going to need another video of you driving it with your buddy's commentary lol

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
    Yes but that's also what makes it feel even better when you accomplish it Now we're just going to need another video of you driving it with your buddy's commentary lol
    i try we are both so swapped these days and im working nights and he is working 40+ a week at a shop so that doesn't help......but got have money and pay the bills. just hoping it hits the road this time for good been to long few years

most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
    00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Vehicle
    85' Buick Park Ave w/Turbocharged 4.3L Olds V6 Diesel.

Glad to hear you have it back together and running again Teddy! That clutch looked like it should do the job real well! Those injector lines that are leaking, loosen both ends and make sure that the centers of the line ends line up exactly square with the tops of the injectors. Bend the lines a little if they don't line up. If they still leak after doing this, take the lines all the way off and inspect the area where the line swells or is ferrelled. I have had a number of lines crack in this area on the V8's and V6's (usually if you put the lines on and take them off a lot of times for various reasons, like compression testing, changing injector opening rates, etc). I hope to have some updated pictures of my diesel in the next couple of days. I am not as close to having it running as I would like but have been making some progress.
    Bruce.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by OldsTurboDiesel View Post
    Glad to hear you have it back together and running again Teddy! That clutch looked like it should do the job real well! Those injector lines that are leaking, loosen both ends and make sure that the centers of the line ends line up exactly square with the tops of the injectors. Bend the lines a little if they don't line up. If they still leak after doing this, take the lines all the way off and inspect the area where the line swells or is ferrelled. I have had a number of lines crack in this area on the V8's and V6's (usually if you put the lines on and take them off a lot of times for various reasons, like compression testing, changing injector opening rates, etc). I hope to have some updated pictures of my diesel in the next couple of days. I am not as close to having it running as I would like but have been making some progress.
    Bruce.
    thanks bruce. looking froward to your picts. i try the bending trick as i inspected the lines out side of the car and put them on out side of the car as well to get the the "nubs" centered like you said.

00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Vehicle

Default Update: 3/29/11

removed the custom made injection line the didn't work today and took it back for some tweaks.... hoping a get of 45 degree cone ends will work. i brought the guy a old injector and told him to mess with each end tell it seated perfectly....and to use some mechanist die to make sure it totally sealed. well find out most likily tuesday next week if it worked....i hope so because this motor has some nice low end power

00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Vehicle

well cracked head off the shop today to find and maybe fix the phantom head bolt leak. head gasket did not have traces of any coolant leak (like i though) because the head bolt comes out dry every time and telfon tape is used to seal the treads. based on that data the crack has to be at the top of head bolt hole somewhere.

00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678