Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 1989 Chevy Celebrity

I have my new old Celebrity eurosport in the shop now getting work done I have the leather wheel and bezel intact so I'm a luck man. however the dash has deteriorated over time so im working on replacing the plastic or what ever that stuff was with leather and wood hope fully maple. ill post a picture when its do also im not trying to damage any of the interior parts that have been left. I don't need much new parts for the interior as of now however i need a couple of exterior parts. but i can get them soon

Not much new to report lately. Been busy with hockey and school so haven't done much for the car besides buying some new parts to put on over the winter. These are the parts that have been bought so far; will hopefully pick up some more over christmas.
    1) Oxygen Sensor
    2) Spark Plug Wires
    3) DIY Trunk Light Materials
    4) Headliner Clips
    5) DIY CAI

I have an appointment Wednesday for rust-proofing and will probably drive it for a week after that before storage for the winter until April!
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity
    2006 Subaru Impreza (Daily)

Previous:
    2006 Subaru Impreza (Sold)
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)
    2000 Subaru Forester (Sold)
    1994 Toyota Camry (Scrap)

Here's a picture of my celebrity and how it currently looks. Proud of how it looks so far but there is still so much to do!

Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Vehicle
    '86 Pontiac 6000 LE 2.8L V6 carb (VIN X)

Looking good!
    '86 Pontiac 6000 LE 2.8L V6 carb
    My Instagram page Mostly Pontiac 6000 and our pomeranian

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

She's beautiful.

Vehicle
    1985 Chevrolet Celebrity Sedan (2.8 2-bbl. V6, THM-125, JA2)

Looks awesome PGuru! Love the black wheels!
    1985 Chevy Celebrity Sedan (2.8-X, THM125, JA2, F41)
    1954 Chevy 3100 Pickup (235 I-6, SM420)
    1994 Toyota Camry LE Coupe (2.2, A140)

A couple mini updates!

Car came out of storage a couple weeks ago and I figured I'd update this with a couple notes about parts I installed. Everything on this list was installed in july/august so it's been a little while (with the exception of the 3 months the car spent in storage).

- KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks
    Honestly, I'm not a huge of these shocks. I guess this is more my fault than anything else but I don't like the firmness of them. They're still an extraordinary improvement over the Gabriel's the car had before though.

- Raybestos Break Pads/Rotors + Shoes and Drums
    Just awesome! I've heard so many good things about Ray's and they're lived up to all the hype. Never had a problem with hard breaking in times of need; my stopping distance is so good now.

- (2) Moog Lower Ball Joints
    - (2) Mevotech Inner Tie Rods
    Not much to say about these; they're be doing their job quite well. Can't complain!

A couple old picture from last summer that I never uploaded. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon so I can get back to work on the car (it's been about 10 Celcius and raining here for about 2 weeks)!

Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

I love your car, it's just absolutely gorgeous. I have some work to do on mine this summer too that's for sure. My weatherstripping is all dried out and needs replacing badly.

looks nice thats what I need to do... I have a ways to go

Vehicle
    '86 Pontiac 6000 LE 2.8L V6 carb (VIN X)

Can't remeber if I asked this already. What are those mesh wheels on your car? Are those from GrandPrix? What parameters do they have and had you any issues with installation and/or fender rubbing? What tires do you have on those wheels?
    '86 Pontiac 6000 LE 2.8L V6 carb
    My Instagram page Mostly Pontiac 6000 and our pomeranian

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I love your car, it's just absolutely gorgeous. I have some work to do on mine this summer too that's for sure. My weatherstripping is all dried out and needs replacing badly.
    Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, I definitely need to get around to do doing that as well. I'm hoping to also pull the door panels off and clean out the debris that has probably gotten through as well at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by alex_van_gee View Post
    Can't remeber if I asked this already. What are those mesh wheels on your car? Are those from GrandPrix? What parameters do they have and had you any issues with installation and/or fender rubbing? What tires do you have on those wheels?
    They're very similar to the mesh wheels found on the grand prix turbo although I'm not sure they're the exact same; I bought them from a guy online and they came with Chevy center caps. There's a picture I posted of when I bought them on page 1 of this thread.

Wheels: 16x7 with a 5x115 Bolt Pattern
    Tires: 195/60R16

There is no rubbing at all, but the tires a not wide enough for my liking. I'm going to be buy some wider tires very soon to hopefully improve driving conditions as the car is a bit shaky at high speeds as of right now.
    Last edited by PGuru; 04-03-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Quote Originally Posted by PGuru View Post
    A couple mini updates!

- (2) Moog Lower Ball Joints
    - (2) Mevotech Inner Tie Rods
    Not much to say about these; they're be doing their job quite well. Can't complain!
    You'll be glad you got the Moog. I made the mistake of purchasing the Raybestos ball joints a few years back; had to send them back. Moog was way better!

Ken T.

Remember if you go a larger diameter tire you will change your speedometer. I went from the stock size of 195/75R 14 to 205/75R 14 and my speedometer changed by 5%. So now if I am traveling at 60 mph on the gauge I am actually traveling at 63 mph. Gas mileage may improve as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DRW300 View Post
    Remember if you go a larger diameter tire you will change your speedometer. I went from the stock size of 195/75R 14 to 205/75R 14 and my speedometer changed by 5%. So now if I am traveling at 60 mph on the gauge I am actually traveling at 63 mph. Gas mileage may improve as well.
    DRW300, when you "plus size" the tires you have to balance everything, i.e. wider tread= less side wall. In your case, you went wider (195~ 205) but you never reduced the aspect ratio (side wall, 75~ 75). Now, before the a-body was the citation x11. Those cars came stock with 215/60r14's and this size will transfer to the A-body and take care of your speedo issues

Quote Originally Posted by DRW300 View Post
    This is the site I use when comparing tire sizes: http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

That should help for buying tires for next time.
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast