Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants a set of (brand new) Eibach lowering springs???

Sorry everyone, I've been a little caught up with exams so I apologize for the lack of communication recently. I called eibach a couple days ago and they confirmed that it would require a high number of orders (atleast 15-20) according to the rep. He did mention that it's possible to get it done with less, but that it's on a case-by-case basis. I was told to call back this week, to try and catch someone who could give me more details. I'll keep you guys posted!
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity
    2006 Subaru Impreza (Daily)

Previous:
    2006 Subaru Impreza (Sold)
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)
    2000 Subaru Forester (Sold)
    1994 Toyota Camry (Scrap)

Vehicle
    1985 Chevrolet Celebrity Sedan (2.8 2-bbl. V6, THM-125, JA2)

Sounds great PGuru; good luck on your exams and let us know as you learn more about the Eibachs... It sounds like we've got the interest in our group if Eibach is interested in doing a "small" run of springs. If you would like any help with the legwork, just let us know; I'd be happy to give Eibach a call as well if it would help any...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gold View Post
    Sounds great PGuru; good luck on your exams and let us know as you learn more about the Eibachs... It sounds like we've got the interest in our group if Eibach is interested in doing a "small" run of springs. If you would like any help with the legwork, just let us know; I'd be happy to give Eibach a call as well if it would help any...
    I'll be done my finals on Wednesday (I loathe summer courses) so I'll hopefully get around to calling them Thursday or Friday. That being said, if you could call Eibach too that would be great. Hopefully it'll convince them even more to make them for us!
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by PGuru View Post
    I'll be done my finals on Wednesday (I loathe summer courses) so I'll hopefully get around to calling them Thursday or Friday. That being said, if you could call Eibach too that would be great. Hopefully it'll convince them even more to make them for us!
    Roger that! I'll give them a call sometime in the next few days. Like you said, the more calls, the merrier!

Did you just call Eibach's main phone number (1-800-507-2338)?
    1985 Chevy Celebrity Sedan (2.8-X, THM125, JA2, F41)
    1954 Chevy 3100 Pickup (235 I-6, SM420)
    1994 Toyota Camry LE Coupe (2.2, A140)

Roger that! I'll give them a call sometime in the next few days. Like you said, the more calls, the merrier!

Did you just call Eibach's main phone number (1-800-507-2338)?
    Yup, that's the one!

Really excited to possibly get some made!
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Vehicle
    cartruckcartruckcarcarcarcarcarcar

Are these V6 only or will they work on the 4cyl cars? The old description always said v6 but I figured that the springs would be the same??
    So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
    • 1988 Century Limited
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
    • 1985 Celebrity coupe
    • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 81 Citation

Quote Originally Posted by a1veedubber View Post
    Are these V6 only or will they work on the 4cyl cars? The old description always said v6 but I figured that the springs would be the same??
    Although I'm not the most knowledgeable about this kind of stuff, I don't see why they wouldn't. Besides the fact that they wouldn't fit on any a-bodies from 94-96 (according to DGV), I'm going on the assumption that they would fit all other A's considering the front/rear suspension sits in the same place. If anyone with more knowledge about this kind of stuff could chime in, that'd be good!
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Vehicle

Okey dokey then, I made the call to Eibach and they sounded positive about it, but am waiting to hear back from the rep (he was out for the day).

Thanks for getting this going PGuru!

Vehicle

Okey dokey then, I made the call to Eibach and they sounded positive about it, but am waiting to hear back from the rep (he was out for the day).

Thanks for getting this going PGuru!
    Alright guys, great news! Eibach is willing to manufacture a run of the 3804.140 (82-91 FWD A-body) Pro Kit Lowering Springs. Unfortunately, it would require a run of 50 sets. The silver lining in this is that with a run of 50, the sets would be priced at right at $200.00 USD (+ or - $20.00) for all four springs, which isn't much more expensive then a new set of standard style Moog/Raybestos/AC Delco (etc) springs. There is a strong possibility of having these made again if we could get enough people to commit to buying a set or Vendor support (that might be tough). If we could get some of the Citation and other X-body guys interested as well, that would help greatly.

The reality of this is that a 50% deposit on manufacture of all of the springs is required, and then the full cost is soon required after that, so we'd need about $5,000 to start manufacturing them and about $10,000 to complete the run.

I would be game for two full sets, so only 48 sets to go...

Alright guys, great news! Eibach is willing to manufacture a run of the 3804.140 (82-91 FWD A-body) Pro Kit Lowering Springs. Unfortunately, it would require a run of 50 sets. The silver lining in this is that with a run of 50, the sets would be priced at right at $200.00 USD (+ or - $20.00) for all four springs, which isn't much more expensive then a new set of standard style Moog/Raybestos/AC Delco (etc) springs. There is a strong possibility of having these made again if we could get enough people to commit to buying a set or Vendor support (that might be tough). If we could get some of the Citation and other X-body guys interested as well, that would help greatly.

The reality of this is that a 50% deposit on manufacture of all of the springs is required, and then the full cost is soon required after that, so we'd need about $5,000 to start manufacturing them and about $10,000 to complete the run.

I would be game for two full sets, so only 48 sets to go...
    That's awesome! Thanks for giving them the call (and sorry for not being able to do it sooner)! They told you 50 sets? And there's no way to reduce that number?

Alright, well I'm for sure in for a set, so... only 47 left to go? :P
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Vehicle

My pleasure PGuru and no worries! Yes, I talked with Ryan at Eibach and he mentioned 50 sets. We could see if they could reduce that number... If we could get them to go down to 30 sets, that would be a heck of a lot easier!

I'm trying to figure out what the best way to build up the funds would be, any ideas everyone?

I wish I could throw down the funds to get this started, but it's a tad out of my budget. If there was a way we could create a fund, on a secure site or something similar, where folks could put in their $200.00 a set, and we could build it up until we reached the goal that would be great. I figure we could put a timeline on it, and if we couldn't build up the necessary amount of funds in say, 3, 6, 9 months or a year, then everyone who put in money would get it back in full. Does anyone know of a site/program like that? A crowd-funding sight perhaps?

The only downside is that you'd have to wait to get your springs, and would have that money tied up in the meantime, but we've all been waiting a pretty long time already for a set of Eibachs, what's a few more months?

It's not too often that you can get an aftermarket manufacturer to reintroduce an uncommon part that's been out of production for over a decade, so we've got a great opportunity...

The issue with crowdfunding is that the time periods wouldn't be long enough (they offer up to 2 months I believe) and they take a cut of your money. It's pretty awesome that this is even a possibility and I'm sure we'll come up with something. We seem top have about 10 sets that would be sold on this site, so we're still lacking interest. C'MON GUYS!
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity

Previous:
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)

Vehicle
    cartruckcartruckcarcarcarcarcarcar

I would be down for at least one set, possibly another as a backup. I am almost certain these would work on the 4cyl cars!
    So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
    • 1988 Century Limited
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
    • 1985 Celebrity coupe
    • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 81 Citation

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by a1veedubber View Post
    I would be down for at least one set, possibly another as a backup. I am almost certain these would work on the 4cyl cars!
    Cool Matt! Yes, I imagine they should work on 4 cyl. ('82-'91) cars just fine, as I'm almost positive the front struts, and rear spring mounts didn't change between the 4 cylinder and V6 cars. They'd probably be just a tad more stiff (we can get detailed spring specs later in the process) in a 4 cylinder car vs. a v6, but there's not enough weight difference between most 4 and v6 A-bodies to make a huge difference I'd think.

Pguru and I need everyone's help in spreading the word around on this possibility for sure. I'd think in the whole FWD A/X body community, we should be able to have a need for 50 sets of good quality, lowering springs... We're down to the 4 sets spoken for, only 46 to go!

Vehicle

Okey dokey everyone,

I posted about the possibility of getting a new run of Eibach springs made on Chevy Citations Forever (the Yahoo Group) to see if there would be any interest over there. I've already gotten a little interest since I posted this morning. Are there any other groups you all would recommend for us to put out the word out on?

Thanks!

- Cory

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast