Thread: Cant see my own post in "new posts"

Default Cant see my own post in "new posts"

Any idea why my posts arent showing up in "new posts" for me? Is everyone else seeing them??

I have to go to my profile to see my posts even though I just updated it.
    1989 Formula 350, 2002 Bonneville SE
    DON
    "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Vehicle
    1990 Buick Century Custom 3.3 "T-Type" sedan

It was a new post for me... after you hit "post quick reply" your post shows up as the next one in line, but the new post would be for right now, so you can see somebody has replied.
    Roads.... Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    As a sidebar, I suggest bookmarking this URL; it lets you see a new post in a thread you have posted in.

Yeah, but I am wondering why the forum isnt working properly for me... and how many other "new" topics am I not seeing?

Ill go reply to my "new car for the niece" thread and see if it comes up for me.

EDIT: Nope. Neither this post nor my other one showed up in new posts.

DO WE HAVE MODS HERE STILL? Is there any one who can help????
    DON
    "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Yeah, but I am wondering why the forum isnt working properly for me.
    When hosting a forum, the site owner generally uses a company to broadcast it. These companies charge via CPU speed, usage amount, etc.

I'm not complaining, but this site owner has used the cheaper plans...which when this site is busy, some requests will be dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by 85_ciera_rebuild View Post
    when hosting a forum, the site owner generally uses a company to broadcast it. These companies charge via cpu speed, usage amount, etc.

I'm not complaining, but this site owner has used the cheaper plans...which when this site is busy, some requests will be dumped.

thx
    DON

After you submit a post, the site automatically takes you to back the thread, which makes it "read" by you. And so naturally it's not "new" and will not show up under the New Posts link. When someone replies to your threads (say, this one) it should show up when clicking New Posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 85_Ciera_Rebuild View Post
    When hosting a forum, the site owner generally uses a company to broadcast it. These companies charge via CPU speed, usage amount, etc.

Not sure where you got this information, but there is nothing cheap about our hosting plan. We run on a VPS, which offers dedicated CPU and memory resources, which I've even paid extra to upgrade a la carte on top of the the base plan (which itself is not the most basic VPS offered).
    - Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Not sure where you got this information
    I've been surfing the net since 1993....some sites drag consistency, and others don't. In years past, this site has dragged.

I'm on a satellite ISP, but it is actually their server that does the fetching, and then forwards the "bundle" to me. Their "fingers" can reach out at several hundred megabits per second.

I believe this site has advertising, so when additional sites must be accessed, this tends to slow down the whole process, especially when these ad servers are over whelmed.

Hence, take your choice, either your advertisers and/or your carrier....when the complete page must be grabbed and sent to an user.

Thanks Cutlass. They seem to be working now...or I seem to understand now. Either way this came up in my "new posts" THANKS AGAIN
    DON