Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news everyone!

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

Yeah, I did notice that. Also, I think this has the 3.06 gearing, since the engine wasn't quite turning 2000 rpm at 65 mph. Excellent. What's everyone's fuel economy with these?
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 201k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Transmission time, again. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles. Current DD.
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. Garage ornament. Waiting for an LR4.

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

Very cool and clean! Seems kind of strange to have a van yet not haul a zillion kids around in it. Still, can't beat the utility. Not a bad idea on removing the seats. Hopefully the back doesn't ride too high with them removed! I've seen some vans do that.
    Oldsmobile Quality. Feel It.

Vehicle

I have three daughters. This will be the family car. The Celebrity will be my work car and/or toy once it's back on the road. Like I said, the Century is up for grabs.
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 201k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Transmission time, again. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. Garage ornament. Waiting for an LR4.

Vehicle
    none

Does that one have the nifty little built-in air compressor in the back along with the saddlebags?
    Alan Moore - TOAD Roadside - Worthington, OH

08 Cobalt LT sedan, black, 209K, Doordash and UberEATS beater

Vehicle

I don't know. That would mean it has the air ride suspension, right? The shocks looked like normal shocks to me though.
    Daniel

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

Quote Originally Posted by Duke George V View Post
    I have three daughters. This will be the family car. The Celebrity will be my work car and/or toy once it's back on the road. Like I said, the Century is up for grabs.
    Ah, I thought you were removing the seats permanently. That makes more sense then. I'm one of three myself, so I know how important a minivan is despite most sedans having seating for 5 or even 6.. Most conflicts would start with a 2v1 scenario, something you're no doubt familiar with. Using the 3rd row to separate us cut down on a lot of problems in those days before color LCD screens!

Vehicle
    1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S, 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo

Hey my mom used to throw me and my two brothers in the back of her 89' Ciera and we'd go to Wisconsin and Michigan with little to no problems.... well... cept when my brothers were trying to beat the crud out of me. Yay for being the only girl But there were some good times too... like when my uncle let me steer the car for about 10-20 miles home from Michigan one time... when I was 7 lol.

Vehicle
    82 buick century (4.3lt diesel), 2000 Vw jetta 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
    Hey my mom used to throw me and my two brothers in the back of her 89' Ciera and we'd go to Wisconsin and Michigan with little to no problems.... well... cept when my brothers were trying to beat the crud out of me. Yay for being the only girl But there were some good times too... like when my uncle let me steer the car for about 10-20 miles home from Michigan one time... when I was 7 lol.
    sounds like trips to cali.......in the back seat of a good old 85 C30 duely. my and my 2 sisters and all the crap we wanted to play with in the back of the crew cab.....sleeping was the worst my dad did over the road with the C30 and a camper (which i always broght) and coult do cali strait though from loveland. so i would sleep on the floor board and they would sleep on the sets

Quote Originally Posted by LordDurock
    most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
    82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
    00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

You're a girl? lol @ internet... Didn't know that!

Before the Chrysler minivan craze, my parents had a '76 Cutlass Supreme 2 door, and an early Cavalier wagon. Things weren't too bad in the Supreme but the J-body jammed us so close together that we couldn't even draw lines on the seat that the others couldn't cross. Grandma had a 6000 and we fit much better in that, but I think the A-body was outside of my parents financial reach at the time.

Vehicle
    82 buick century (4.3lt diesel), 2000 Vw jetta 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mechanizeddeath View Post
    You're a girl? lol @ internet... Didn't know that!

Before the Chrysler minivan craze, my parents had a '76 Cutlass Supreme 2 door, and an early Cavalier wagon. Things weren't too bad in the Supreme but the J-body jammed us so close together that we couldn't even draw lines on the seat that the others couldn't cross. Grandma had a 6000 and we fit much better in that, but I think the A-body was outside of my parents financial reach at the time.
    no im a guy......last i checked.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDurock
    most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
    82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
    00 VW jetta 2.0
    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Vehicle
    1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S, 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo

I think he was talking about me lol.... yeah I'm not really a 'girl' per say anymore @ 24 yrs old, but I am female I think I'm the only one on here. Luke's my fiance... Anyways sorry for hijacking your thread Daniel.

Vehicle
    my 2 feet

lol! old days, road tripped from Oregon to Minnesota/Wisconsin to visit family when i was 5 up to 7 year old....we had first, a white caprice wagon. then a chevy celebrity wagon, THAT one influenced me the most..in being the inspiration for me to buy A_bodies =D

speaking of gender; there used to be a couple other females on the old forum long time ago....one was a moderator for a while, i dont know what happened, i think she passed the forum to Cutlass, the other, was at the time a 15 year old girl with a burgundy ciera...i think she has since sold the car and graduated high school and moved on to other things.....
    "All art is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."
    -N.S.K. Neuer Slowenian Kunst
    proud former owner of 83 Ciera Brougham Coupe (may her new owners repair her and get her on the road as she deserves to be!)
    Pics of MAxine here! 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Coupe

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

lol yeah LordDurock snuck in between my reply. I guess I thought Luke was your brother or something haha... Hope I didn't sound like "OMG GIRLS ON TEH INTERNET" but on car sites the ladies are rare. Even the huge car forums with tens of thousands of active posters seem to only have a few dozen women. My girlfriend is sitting next to me just shaking her head.

And yeah Duke George V (Daniel?) sorry for taking over your thread. How about some more detail pics of the car? I haven't actually been in a U-van since the early 90s, so I'd love to see more pics if you can take them.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDurock View Post
    no im a guy......last i checked.
    lol, how often to you check to make sure?
    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
    '86 Eurosport sedan
    '88 Eurosport VR coupe
    '89 Eurosport wagon

Vehicle
    my 2 feet

every time ya stand up to pee lol. sorry daniel; by the way, the U-van looks very good! a way to check the air ride suspension is to check the gas flap to see if theres a valve fitting next to it, well its how it works on the A-wagons and El Caminos i've seen...not sure if that would be where the U-van have...
    "All art is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."
    -N.S.K. Neuer Slowenian Kunst
    proud former owner of 83 Ciera Brougham Coupe (may her new owners repair her and get her on the road as she deserves to be!)
    Pics of MAxine here! 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Coupe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast