Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Good news everyone!

The u-van air ride is automatic with a level sensor IIRC. I do know for sure that there is not a standard type fill port.
    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
    '86 Eurosport sedan
    '88 Eurosport VR coupe
    '89 Eurosport wagon

Vehicle
    1989 Olds Cutlass Ciera International

I can't be the only one that thought this!!
    1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera International --> L67 - M90 + 60-1 =

Yes it's an Oldsmobile and yes it makes over 450 HP!!

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

Quote Originally Posted by mechanizeddeath View Post
    And yeah Duke George V (Daniel?) sorry for taking over your thread.
    No problem. On such a small board, things like this tend to happen. I like it, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by mechanizeddeath
    How about some more detail pics of the car? I haven't actually been in a U-van since the early 90s, so I'd love to see more pics if you can take them.
    What would you like to see? I'm open to take pictures of whatever you want. Anyone else is free to request too.

Quote Originally Posted by skalor
    [img-professor_farnsworth]
    I can't be the only one that thought this!!
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 201k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Transmission time, again. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles. Current DD.
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. Garage ornament. Waiting for an LR4.

Vehicle
    none

It won't be long before my wife pops in here. She knows all about my A-body addictions, she even enabled the last two I've owned. But the rule is simple. One "toy" vehicle at a time, plus my Torino, plus what she drives. That's all I'm allowed to have on this property. And that's my loophole. If I manage to sell this Ciera for enough money I'll try to get two vehicles at the next auction. Then I can double my efforts and go for 3, 4, 5 and try to keep them moving. If it's 1985 or older it's fair game, and if it's 1986 or newer I can sell 4 a year before the states says, "OK Buddy, that's enough, now pay up ten large or get a license".

So if you see a dmitchellusa or an amyswinningways, that's her. She thought she'd go incognito on W-body and pretend to be someone else. I wouldn't be surprised if she's done it here already or on any of the other 100+ car forums I'm a member of.
    Alan Moore - TOAD Roadside - Worthington, OH

08 Cobalt LT sedan, black, 209K, Doordash and UberEATS beater

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by occupant View Post
    the other 100+ car forums I'm a member of.
    Dude.
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 201k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Transmission time, again. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. Garage ornament. Waiting for an LR4.

Vehicle
    none

Don't make me make a list. I like making lists.

Vehicle
    1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S, 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo

lol that's hilarious, I'm what we like to call a co-dependant enabler, if it weren't for the money factor and the lack-of-space factor who knows how many cars we'd have. I have to keep reminding myself I'm going to try to limit my own cars to 2 or 3... my ciera, a beat around daily driver, and a classic. Anyways... Daniel I'd personally like to see some more interior shots of the back, how much room is there if you take out all of the seats? etc... Luke's going to be getting another minivan in the future and because of the transmissions I'm trying to convince him not to go with another Chrysler product. I'm hoping the fact that the 3800 is in the U-vans I can convince him to get one of these lol. He also likes the Chevy Uplander... I haven't seen or heard of enough of those to be able to tell how dependable those are.

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

Quote Originally Posted by Duke George V View Post
    No problem. On such a small board, things like this tend to happen. I like it, actually.

What would you like to see? I'm open to take pictures of whatever you want. Anyone else is free to request too.
    Good question. I always like to see radio and climate control layouts, along with any other switchgear. Also things like storage bins, convenience features, etc. Little details like that. Those are the things I usually remember about a car for some reason. Like my Mercury Sable: I remember the digital dash, the terrible cup holder design, and wondering why Ford put 50 buttons on their radios instead of a couple knobs and sliders like GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke George V View Post
    Dude.
    lol I was thinking the same thing... I'm on here, some Toyota Camry forum, and all of the big Subaru forums. That's it. I think I might have been on a Taurus/Sable forum 12 years ago but who knows if that's still around.
    Oldsmobile Quality. Feel It.

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
    lol that's hilarious, I'm what we like to call a co-dependant enabler, if it weren't for the money factor and the lack-of-space factor who knows how many cars we'd have. I have to keep reminding myself I'm going to try to limit my own cars to 2 or 3... my ciera, a beat around daily driver, and a classic. Anyways... Daniel I'd personally like to see some more interior shots of the back, how much room is there if you take out all of the seats? etc... Luke's going to be getting another minivan in the future and because of the transmissions I'm trying to convince him not to go with another Chrysler product. I'm hoping the fact that the 3800 is in the U-vans I can convince him to get one of these lol. He also likes the Chevy Uplander... I haven't seen or heard of enough of those to be able to tell how dependable those are.
    The guy who owns the yard I go to has 7 cars. At least those are the ones he has registered and insured. Considering he has titles and keys to most of the intact cars in his yard... Well you can take a guess as to how many cars he has that will at least turn over, if not stay running.

For minivans, I really only like the U-vans and the early Chrysler minivans. Always wanted one of the turbo Caravans for the hilarity of it. A 3800 U-van would be the more reliable choice, though.
    Oldsmobile Quality. Feel It.

Vehicle
    none

I think the reasoning behind why I am registered on so many boards is because every time I find a used car on CL with a problem, I look to message boards to find a solution. And to get specific answers for specific problems, I have to be able to log in and post.

Thanks for posting the GREAT red dustbuster TransPort pics. I love those vans. There's a nice yahoo.com group for those vans. Just search the groups under APV vans.

George

Vehicle
    1987 Alfa Romeo Milano

Congratulations on your new acquistion, Daniel! At least you're sticking with GM...I am saddened that you're selling the Buick though. Is anything wrong with it?
    What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Vehicle

No, I just don't have a need for three cars, including a non-op. Funds from the Buick will go toward one last round of repairs to the Celebrity.
    Daniel

Vehicle

Is there any reason I should be getting 16 mpg? It's rated 17 city. Yeah, I'm running the AC a lot, but still...
    Daniel

Sounds normal for the ones I've driven. The 3400 vans do a little better on gas.
    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
    '86 Eurosport sedan
    '88 Eurosport VR coupe
    '89 Eurosport wagon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast