Thread: Cup holders! Finally!

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

Default Cup holders! Finally!

A special thanks to SilentWing and her BF! They had an extra A-body cup holder which they sent to me at a wonderful price.

So now I'm back in business. No more combing through yards or watching insanely overpriced eBay auctions. And best of all, no holding hot coffee between my legs - that was getting uncomfortable!

Thanks again guys.
    Oldsmobile Quality. Feel It.

Vehicle
    1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S, 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo

You're welcome, I'm just glad I found someone who could use them now that I don't have my bench seats and don't need them lol. Looks like they went in without a hitch too, hooray for working cupholders.

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

Oh I'm something of a cup holder expert. I had to battle with the ones on my Legacies, they would get sticky and I'd have to pull them from the dash and clean them with dish soap. The Camry had them too, except they were molded into the console and difficult to clean. I had a mouse infestation in that car, and they used the cup holders as a toilet... Talk about gross. The Sable I had no issues with, and the Crown Vic didn't have them, except for the plastic console I added which I constantly kicked over. lol...
    Oldsmobile Quality. Feel It.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Not extremely sturdy, but they're nice. I'll put a can in mine (Diet Dr. Pepper), but the 20 oz. bottle will get the cap replaced, and lay in the seat!

Ken T.

I picked up one of those cheap ones from Walmart, and screwed it to the floor in front of the seat, on the center hump. Works well. -Adam
    1994 Ciera S 201K (donated), 98 Bonneville, 92 Aerostar, 64 Jeep J 300 truck, 70 Suburban

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Yeah, I'm fond of the floor mounted one in my '01 S-10. I wonder if the A-Body had a console mounted drink holder?

Ken T.

My current home is S. Korea, but Tacoma, WA is where I am from.
    Vehicle
    2 85 STE. One I drive, the other is under a slowww restoration.

I must make do with taking out the cassette holder in the center console, and placing my drink in there. Don't they make a cup holder that hangs from the window?

The fold-down armrest cupholder in some A-body cars in my favorite. I think you can find them on eBay for about $20 right? I find them in junk yards too - late 80's to early 90's full size GM cars (both single and double style) plus of course about 1992 to 1996 A-body cars.

Kristopher - the only window cup holders for A-body cars are those found at auto parts store.

George